Jack Monroe #186 The bromelain in canned pineapple is denatured

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I can't get over the 'It doesn't stink of egg' comment from the author. That's the least bad option, like saying you love the colour of your mate's dress when it looks like a bin bag.
shemay as well have said the best thing about it is that it's not disgusting 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 30
I’ll just translate that for you. “Send money, I’m severely ill and am unable to work.”
Of course - those Patreon subs won’t grow on their own now, will they. I am only surprised she hasn’t rattled the tip jar too. Mind you, I would love to know who is fronting the £500 a week hotel bill. Even if the bungalow has been given up, surely, a poorly smol pixie would be better off staying in one of the many bedrooms her parents have. Or, if she does have to be London based, a close (scarfless) dear friend could put her up. If things are a bit delicate and tough, I cannot imagine for a single second, isolation in a hotel room is ideal.

By the way, I can’t remember who mentioned it now, but someone said the bungalow never looked like a kid lived there and you are right! Even the “fallen asleep with a blanket on me” pic, the room looked impersonal and not fitting for a boys bedroom. No character bedding, no visible toys or posters. Just the kid and his Harry Potter book in a double bed/guest room kind of set up. When you set aside monetising being a poor single parent, it’s all a bit heartbreaking, really.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 64
And just as the thread slows down, and we are not taking about Jack.

even the biggest Jackoytes will now be going yeah Jack, whatever. Is that wolves I can see running down the hill?

everyone knows JM will be feverishly monitoring Twitter for likes andI I ok hun?

And Jack did it all for other people's ad revenue.
I wonder if people would actually notice when she’s not posting? I don’t think that many would. And of course she wasn’t going to tweet last night, wouldn’t want to get lost in all the #lineofduty chat...

• Haha
Reactions: 34
It's a bit pathetic that Jack can't seem to quit Twitter for longer than a day or so at most. Implies that she has very little company outside of squiggles and internet blue-ticks, or so little going on in her life that she literally relies on the validation from breadcrumbing people on social media. If anything, she should be treated for social media addiction, as that seems to be a huge issue for her :/

Reactions: 39
I am waiting for the "still this 👋" quoted tweet where Jack reminds everyone that Jack is still taking a break from Twitter, even though no one has noticed because Jack has just sent 87 tweets in an hour.

• Haha
Reactions: 76
You have CHOSEN to mine your own trauma for your own revenue. How much ad revenue was going on before Christmas when you were claiming to feed 3 people for £20 a week and showing pictures of your own child's packed lunch which even Chartwell would find lacking? Nobody has forced you to share these stories.

Who profited from the Guardian articles claiming the food bank gave you formula for a toddler and you drank it?

Who profited from you telling the world your (potentially fake) autism was a superpower?

Who profited from your numerous TV appearances talking about the poverty?

Who profited from talking about stalking and inappropriate behaviour from an AA sponsor?

Maybe Jack has listened and will actually step back from social media, not post chaos and stick to the cooking, writing books and possibly finding another source of income and if so I wish her luck.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 87
Was the last time Jack mentioned SB his birthday? Or the jolly ovary japes with Owen Jones? When she was so pleased SB was so often at his dad's.
I really do think that comment was bravado that SB has chosen to stay with his dad, possibly due to the presence of siblings (and non highlighted or scribbled on David Walliams books).
Obviously idle speculation, but she mentions him and the living arrangement, and now never talks about him.

Last edited:
Reactions: 40
Of course - those Patreon subs won’t grow on their own now, will they. I am only surprised she hasn’t rattled the tip jar too. Mind you, I would love to know who is fronting the £500 a week hotel bill. Even if the bungalow has been given up, surely, a poorly smol pixie would be better off staying in one of the many bedrooms her parents have. Or, if she does have to be London based, a close (scarfless) dear friend could put her up. If things are a bit delicate and tough, I cannot imagine for a single second, isolation in a hotel room is ideal.

By the way, I can’t remember who mentioned it now, but someone said the bungalow never looked like a kid lived there and you are right! Even the “fallen asleep with a blanket on me” pic, the room looked impersonal and not fitting for a boys bedroom. No character bedding, no visible toys or posters. Just the kid and his Harry Potter book in a double bed/guest room kind of set up. When you set aside monetising being a poor single parent, it’s all a bit heartbreaking, really.
I was one of the ones that said it but agree completely. Looking back it was clear as day but I believed her complaining about parenting 😬

Not a parent to a similarly aged child but whenever I’ve had similarly aged nephews stay the house becomes overrun with those challenging hydraulic robot arm kits and tangfastics everywhere. We’re honestly meant to believe she home schooled him in a year long pandemic and there’s not so much as a corner with scruffy school books?

It’s by far the saddest lie yet but tbh better than the alternative truths she puts out there eg awful cheap sandwiches and training camp mamapapa.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 59
Can any Fraü reccomend a particularly good thread from the past? I've treated myself to revisiting #1 - 10 and #31 (obviously) but need some Bank Holiday entertainment.
Mrs ST is glued to the Snooker as our friend is playing🔺️ I'm nodding in support but have no clue what's happening and desperately need a quiet distraction.
Thank(space)you.

• Heart
Reactions: 44
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.