Jack Monroe #186 The bromelain in canned pineapple is denatured

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It's funny she announces scheduled recipes, but in the past when she's done that (announcing them) I can't recall seeing them.

Good for her if she can stick to her break, but she's so dramatic about it I doubt she'll ever change

Reactions: 48
Unless we see an obligatory FB style vaccine photo I won’t believe Jack has had said vaccine.

In other news, have just found out Round the Twist is on Amazon. Given it was made in 1989, I predict Jack will relive how much they loved it when they were a child in the 80s (cough, one years old, cough) and talk about all the terrifying episodes.

Fancy an ear worm anyone?

Have you ever
Ever felt like this?
Do strange things happen?
Are you going round the twist?
I really don’t want to defend Jack but I’m the same age as her (chronologically, not mentally) and I remember Round The Twist being on CITV when I was roughly seven or eight so maybe we got it later in the UK?

• Haha
Reactions: 43
Dear All,

Wanting to update on a food project I mentioned some months ago, called Cooperation Town. It is a recent innovation of the food co op model in which 70ish per cent of of ones weekly box is free, the remaining 30ish per cent being ordered together by members in the usual, traditional way of a food co-op.

This development is streamlining the redistribution of fresh, quality, surplus food which shops, supermarkets of all kinds now are keen to be seen to participate in.

This is currently possible because of the ongoing overproduction built into the food supply chain.

• Heart
Reactions: 51
I really don’t want to defend Jack but I’m the same age as her (chronologically, not mentally) and I remember Round The Twist being on CITV when I was roughly seven or eight so maybe we got it later in the UK?
You are right - without being a round the twist truther there was a series in the 90s that was definitely shown on British tv

• Heart
Reactions: 32
According to Wiki, and not just my memories of it, it ran from 1990 to 2001* I remember it being one of those shows the teachers would put on in class a lot.

*ETA, not the entire span of that time. Four series in different years of that period.

Reactions: 21
We wanted another series of Daily Kitchen Live 🤷

Sadly, it never happened. And Matt never mentioned it again. And Cactus TV have wiped all reference of it from their website.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 90
Someone needs to tell her that vague posting on Twitter won’t be accepted as a valid excuse for not submitting her accounts.

If she files them by 30 April then it’s £300 to Companies House, and £100 to HMRC with interest on the tax liability. 20 weeks of a full grocery shop, by Jack’s ridiculous definition.

Oh and there’ll be another application from CH to strike off her company if she doesn’t submit her confirmation statement pronto. It’s a two minute job for her or someone else to do 🤷‍♀️
but Jack's accountant is a very busy man.

Sorry, that's Jack's lawyer.

• Haha
Reactions: 47
God she’s so boring right now. I saw yesterday that Vonny LeClerc (aptly described by someone on her thread as Jack on speed) has claimed in the past that she can feed her and her four children on £20 a week. Jack has been well and truly elevenirifed.

7ED18320-0FD4-4283-A87E-89B17A4B4237.jpeg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 60
yawn! Re: the staying off twitter tweets.

would also like to know what recipe tweets she’s talking about?! Are they coming soon, along with the beige postcards?

• Haha
Reactions: 35
According to Wiki, and not just my memories of it, it ran from 1990 to 2001* I remember it being one of those shows the teachers would put on in class a lot.

*ETA, not the entire span of that time. Four series in different years of that period.
Duly noted *skulks back into the 80s hole never to be seen again 😔*

• Haha
Reactions: 31
A contribution to the 'how to eat well cheaply' thread.

I volunteer a couple of hours a week packing and delivering in my local organic vegetable and fruit box scheme in north London, for which I receive a box of same.

I have a monthly delivery of £40ish worth of items from Waitrose- yes Waitrose. I discovered Waitrose about 10 years ago when I gave a someone a lift and was astonished that it had such good quality, cheap, own brand stuff. Waitrose do free delivery with a minimum of £40. It is now my supermarket of choice.

I order organic cheese, tofu, milk, oil and stock. Non organic ground coffee, own brand sparkling water, tinned fish, juice, mayo, loo rolls , laundry liquid , soap, wash up liquid. Quorn or similar. Occasionally a bottle of own brand brandy or wine, some biscuits, sweets, cakes, jams, sauces etc.

Like so many others I make own bread and yoghourt and will restart kombucha and sprouting soon.

A couple of times a month I visit my local whole for shop for organic eggs and loose dried beans, rice etc. Now and then I go to M and S for a net of 6 avocados for £2 and other goodies.

Occasionally I have an online delivery of other bulk item things.

Disclosure- I have a bus pass- over 60, I don't live with anyone nor have to provide for any pets. The above doesn't include toiletries or cleaning stuff, which I buy every few months.

I spend about £20ish per week on items. Sometimes a little more. I anticipate that when the food co op is up and running, I will be spending less. I'm also about to attempt intermittent fasting as a regular thing!

Reactions: 36
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.