Jack Monroe #186 The bromelain in canned pineapple is denatured

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
A quick post but 🚨Patreon drop🚨

A12F5682-8BD7-4ABF-B900-2E1277D2B9DB.jpeg

334 to 321, down 13 or 3.9%. When baby’s down tonight I’ll do our QBR, get glam for a night of line of duty, deep fried memories, and some #forensic analysis x

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 92
It’s not for AA to pair a sponsor and sponsee though. The newcomer, in my experience and what was recommended to me, looks for someone they identify with, someone that makes you ‘want what they have’ in terms of sobriety and quality of life.
Must have happened, then. Fame, fortune, people falling over themselves for his pearls of wisdom/buckets of bullshite (and paying for the privilege) everybody ignoring the crappy stuff he did to non famous people. Definitely somebody to identify with and whom had something JM would want.

Mr D hates him with good reason and from experience, not from gossip or friend of a friend stuff. The makeup girl story is duck all compared to the stuff that's out there and is being deliberately ignored because it doesn't involve slebs.

• Sad
  • Angry
Reactions: 56
Noticed this circulating related to the horrible Noel Clarke allegations:

View attachment 555396

Didn’t Jack recently follow Brand again? Wonder if she’ll capitalise on the momentum to tell her story about him throwing her out of a cab, or conveniently ignore it because it wouldn’t be profitable at the moment? I don’t think any victim is obliged to come forward and the Noel Clarke accusers are so bloody brave, but Jack’s breadcrumbing about all these things she supposedly knows about media abusers is just as bad as her illness hints tbh. Either let the world know so no more women get hurt or shut the duck up.
I'm fairly sure that Billy Connolly said more or less at the time that this story was complete bollocks and never happened. Which is obviously not to say that the way it was reported wasn't disgusting, or that Brand's team could even have been behind it. It's just annoying to me that it's all over twitter with alleged journalists and blue tickers (people who should know better) spreading it around as fact.

• Wow
Reactions: 34
I'm fairly sure that Billy Connolly said more or less at the time that this story was complete bollocks and never happened. Which is obviously not to say that the way it was reported wasn't disgusting, or that Brand's team could even have been behind it. It's just annoying to me that it's all over twitter with alleged journalists and blue tickers (people who should know better) spreading it around as fact.
Ha yes I’ve literally just read that Connolly said it was nonsense. Brand is still an awful misogynist though.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 35
OT...sorry Poca
20210502_085557.jpg

I was looking for apple cider vinegar for my gloves and came across this at a massively reduced price....not giving it to the girls, it's some juice thing WITH THE MOTHER! I'm now regretting the impulse buy and am wholey disgusted by the suggestion you can use still or sparkling or warm water 🤮
I am thinking what I could reuse the mother for though.

Bean juice kombucha anyone?

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 32
Ha yes I’ve literally just read that Connolly said it was nonsense. Brand is still an awful misogynist though.
Yeah it's just the FAKE NEWS aspect of it which ticks me off! And all these otherwise seemingly sensible twitter people taking a Sun story at face value.

THAT MAN has handed over to Georgie Hayden for Greek Easter. That sound you can hear is the sound of nobody caring that pretending to be Greek is Jack’s LITERAL NICHE!!! It’s Jollof rice all over again!

• Haha
Reactions: 55
Good morning ninnies. Having been slowly softly catching up , ye olde penny tray jack was hideously boring but saintly animal sponsoring jack grated my corned beef especially squiggle reaction (or are so kind etc ) 😡 more slop please
[we were talking about ‘olden day’ sweets in work on Friday - does Jack have spies in the community now 😱 (Jack you forgot to mention Cabanas, a long forgotten favourite ]

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 24
While reading Guardian comments (about Frank of Ireland - they didn't care for it lol), came across this and as soon as I saw the word I thought of Jack then chuckled at the reply

1619946156693.png

• Haha
Reactions: 51
They're being so boring IRL my brain did a chaos and I had a JackDream... They started some bizarre Wikipedia-eqsue website where anyone could edit it and the main premise was a 'shared experience of a very cheap Sunday dinner'. Jack of my dreams (nightmares) obviously started throwing huge hissy fits whenever anyone edited/contributed and also asked the hapless website contributors to refer to them as The People's Princess 🥴 then my alarm woke me up

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 34
A quick post but 🚨Patreon drop🚨

View attachment 555827
334 to 321, down 13 or 3.9%. When baby’s down tonight I’ll do our QBR, get glam for a night of line of duty, deep fried memories, and some #forensic analysis x
So close to £40 down a month? I wish more of the silly buggers would wake up and cancel the thing.

@PoorPatrol I've barely dared step foot in the supermarkets this week. All the ladies doing their massive shops ready for Easter and giving everyone stink eye if you get in their way 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Wait @Cookiecookie have we not had easter? We have a holiday next week (depending on moon sighting) for Eid.

The people contributing to the patreon have more money than sense!

• Heart
Reactions: 29
While reading Guardian comments (about Frank of Ireland - they didn't care for it lol), came across this and as soon as I saw the word I thought of Jack then chuckled at the reply

View attachment 555872
Shan’t is definitely posh! So is being absolutely baffled that you don’t own a massive ‘forever home’ at 30.

OT: I wanted to love Frank of Ireland. Reader, I did not. I shan’t be watching it again.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 37
Tom Kerridge is in the Guardian giving cooking tips:

20210502_122649.jpg

No "bung it in a curry" in sight!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 45
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.