Jack Monroe #186 The bromelain in canned pineapple is denatured

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I leapt behind the counter, ripped off my jacket to reveal one of my many aprons and started rolling a local delicacy called a Tunnocks tea cake in batter. I don’t remember much after that...
I would give up being vegan in a heartbeat for a battered and deep-fried Tunnocks tea cake. It never occurred to me such a wonder could exist on this earth...

eta: a blue one not a red one.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 38
Is anyone else confused about where she is saying she got banned from a bus for setting fire to a packet of sweets? Its not easy to spot as she’s tweeted it amongst the riveting nostalgic bollocks...as usual I am left with more questions than answers 😂
(I haven’t posted in a while as I struggle to catch up lately but had to check if anyone else noticed the frosties/fire tweet- lots of love to the cabal, i’m off back to my grunk)

ETA Screenshot of tweet for clarity!
More Jackie big bollocks or a stupid thing you do when you are a teenager but not really boasting about it in your 30s?

She should have just cut them up with a scalpel!

I would give up being vegan in a heartbeat for a battered and deep-fried Tunnocks tea cake. It never occurred to me such a wonder could exist on this earth...

eta: a blue one not a red one.
What? When did that become a thing?

What would be even better is a Tunnocks snowball in batter, none of the horrible half stale biscuit base!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 34
I’d eat a deep fried caterpillar cake. In the olden days we went to Scotland in our campervan 🔺 and stayed in a campsite to watch the Fringe Festival and the only thing in the chip shop at the end of the night for vegetarians was pizza slices, which they only sold deep fried.
Babe, same. Imagine how delicious the hot melted chocolate icing and cake mixed with the crispy batter would taste. Mind you, I might need a few Rennies afterwards for the heartburn.

• Haha
Reactions: 27
*Whispers* I’d try a deep fried Colin I’d have to change the oil first though fishy fried Colin wouldn’t have my vote. I’ll leave the weird food concoctions to Jackie the philanthropist.

• Haha
Reactions: 29
Noticed this circulating related to the horrible Noel Clarke allegations:

2F988E6D-D9E2-4691-A37B-3EA84817E085.jpeg

Didn’t Jack recently follow Brand again? Wonder if she’ll capitalise on the momentum to tell her story about him throwing her out of a cab, or conveniently ignore it because it wouldn’t be profitable at the moment? I don’t think any victim is obliged to come forward and the Noel Clarke accusers are so bloody brave, but Jack’s breadcrumbing about all these things she supposedly knows about media abusers is just as bad as her illness hints tbh. Either let the world know so no more women get hurt or shut the duck up.

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 71
Adopting elephants? She couldn't afford a block of butter a few months back..
Who does she think she is, bleeping Cher?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 94
Anyone else just been thinking about all the chaos we've had the past year and beyond and realising Jack has pretty obviously been 'on' something the entire time. Like...it was always a suspicion but she's pretty much confirmed it now, hasn't she? No wonder she's fucked any work she's been handed and I say this with all sincerity, hope she gets the help she needs. I think the lack of Twitter activity shows that something is happening to some degree. However the crumb dropping and engagement begging behaviour still seems like a cause for concern! Will she ever change?
I don’t know that I agree, the reason being that in the recent weeks the snark is still there. Jack is still grandiose and passive aggressive. It feels like the phone is being locked away or SM is monitored rather than a real shift of attitude.

Also I don’t believe Mr Hands was Jack’s sponsor. What respectable organisation would pair him with a person with a vagina, he was a literal sex addict addicted to sex. If he was sponsoring anyone it would be a 60 year old man

Reactions: 54
I've got a feeling the deep fried Colin was fake, his wee chocolate face wouldn't have survived the frier intact!
I assumed they removed his face, fried him and then put his face back on.

(I’ll take Things that would sound horrific out of context for $500 Alex)

• Haha
Reactions: 75
I don’t know that I agree, the reason being that in the recent weeks the snark is still there. Jack is still grandiose and passive aggressive. It feels like the phone is being locked away or SM is monitored rather than a real shift of attitude.

Also I don’t believe Mr Hands was Jack’s sponsor. What respectable organisation would pair him with a person with a vagina, he was a literal sex addict addicted to sex. If he was sponsoring anyone it would be a 60 year old man
You pair yourself with a sponsor, but they strongly recommend women for women / men for men. Considering RB’s well documented issues I’d be incredibly surprised if he was sponsoring women as that wouldn’t be very well of him. I’d also be very surprised if someone so busy was sponsoring a new comer tbh.

ETA - obviously forgot what a huge celebrity Jackie is and how the rich and famous would be arguing amongst themselves to save her, duh

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 52

Even after I posted it I thought but the 'recovering addict' is just another of Jack's storylines. It's genuinely all baffling. I don't know how she can be bothered, but then again, it's clearly been lucrative.

• Heart
Adopting elephants? She couldn't afford a block of butter a few months back..
Who does she think she is, bleeping Cher?
Oh oh can I tell you my favourite elephant joke?

There were two elephants under one umbrella, why didn’t they get wet...

...it wasn’t raining. Badoom tish!

It’s back to the same performative bollocks though isn’t it, she would love her followers to think that even though she can’t afford butter, she would save everything else because she’s so wonderful 🤮.

Mind you, since she’s sacked off the £20 shop and hasn’t mentioned butter for a while, has she actually pled poverty lately?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 54
Even after I posted it I thought but the 'recovering addict' is just another of Jack's storylines. It's genuinely all baffling. I don't know how she can be bothered, but then again, it's clearly been lucrative.
I certainly think Jacks behaviour is indicative of a problem or problems, I think there are a variety.

It’s not for AA to pair a sponsor and sponsee though. The newcomer, in my experience and what was recommended to me, looks for someone they identify with, someone that makes you ‘want what they have’ in terms of sobriety and quality of life.

It’s recommended men for men and women for women but that can be problematic for gay people. Purely me speculating but I can see her attending a regular meeting with him and fangirling over him and just loving the idea of a famous sponsor. And if her meetings are like mine, there may well have been a roomful of people offering genuine concern, which could have been batted away by “I’m a LESBIAN! What if I had a gay sponsor and that became inappropriate”. There’s nothing anyone can do.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 51
It’s not for AA to pair a sponsor and sponsee though. The newcomer, in my experience and what was recommended to me, looks for someone they identify with, someone that makes you ‘want what they have’ in terms of sobriety and quality of life.

It’s recommended men for men and women for women but that can be problematic for gay people. Purely me speculating but I can see her attending a regular meeting with him and fangirling over him and just loving the idea of a famous sponsor. And if her meetings are like mine, there may well have been a roomful of people offering genuine concern, which could have been batted away by “I’m a LESBIAN! What if I had a gay sponsor and that became inappropriate”. There’s nothing anyone can do.
You would hope Mr Hands would be against it, him being further along his journey

Reactions: 26
You would hope Mr Hands would be against it, him being further along his journey
Absolutely, you can turn someone down. One of the best things about the 12-step programme is the deflation of ego. Sadly, that doesn’t reach everyone.

Reactions: 42
Imagine spending the long May bank holiday weekend sat in an aparthotel flicking through free view channels and pretending to subscribe to various charity donations. It’s all very pitiful. And so much for her many close family and friends. Where are they now? I doubt very much any of them are sitting on the pink sofa with her, watching PBS and eating Tesco Express yellow stickered crap.

Anyway - when you have blown three book deadlines with your super supportive publisher, (with books that appear to be highly irrelevant and poorly researched/written) I suppose any feasible excuse will do to get you out of the tit and will there ever be a better one for someone with “profile” to wheel out than rehab stuff? I don’t buy it for a second, but kudos to her for pulling it off - despite it being sponsored by a registered disabled persons winter fuel allowance amongst others.

• Heart
Reactions: 49
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.