Jack Monroe #185 Serves zero

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I think she's buying tray bake brownie puddings etc etc and tarting them up.

And she's just deleted a tweet about doing diabetic recipes. Unfortunately those cakes are not low sugar. They contain hidden sugars.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 35
They wouldn't be a lifesaver for diabetics. They're loaded with fructose. She don't know tit about diabetes.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 67
Are we to believe that she finished all the brownies already, and has now moved on to that vile cake? Or should we 🙏🏻 for the local homeless population, who are having her baking thrust upon them?

• Haha
Reactions: 41
Isn't Jack about 15 years out of scope for True Queen of our Hearts Victoria Wood?

The wooden spoon/chopstick thing has been bothering me since it occurred. People do use chopsticks as a primary implement for eating and cooking or food prep generally and it strikes me as either racist or at the least unworldly for a food writer/cook/rinser of beans to not be aware of this.

• Heart
Reactions: 47
There's no way either of those cakes can be removed from that tin without a chisel, so I hope she's staying near a B&Q.

• Haha
Reactions: 55
I am intrigued by this one so if the recipe appears I will take one for the team. I’m not sure how she will recreate it for those who don’t happen to have a manky old tray that’s the exact same size as a Tesco (fancy!) ready meal though.

Oh and just so we have it. It’s not a ready meal, it’s just vegetables.
View attachment 549319
It satellite stickered (according to Jack) sure Jan!

Reactions: 12
Managing diabetes isn’t just about what sugar you consume but carbs as well.
another thing she knows nothing about.

the gluten free thing will be because Becky Excell has a best selling gluten free cook book out. Of actual GF food that is tasty and works. Don’t let that stop Jack though.

• Heart
Reactions: 45
I wondered if “poked, prodded and jabbed” was an extremely dramatic way to describe her finally* getting her covid vaccine.

*Finally as per many of her own illness claims she should have been eligible months ago.

• Haha
Reactions: 43
It's from this.. 'The Ballad of Barry and Freda'. It is worth every second of your time

An absolute joy of a tune!
** now back to normal programming- despairing of Jack and her antics ***

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 30
Prodded, poked and jabbed. She really is a disgusting piece of work. And, it probably is acupuncture, deep tissue massages or some sort of alternative therapy.

It’s up to every person to decide how to deal with illness and sickness - be it addiction treatment or the horrors of cancer. This ridiculous performance is actually the worst way though, in my opinion. Either be honest and open - it offers a modicum of comfort and visibility to problems faced by other people. Or, do what people like Chadwick Boseman and Helen McCrory did and keep it private (not secret, Daily Mail cunts, private). The constant “poor old me, i is poorly but i is also stalked and bullied so I can’t tell you TOO much” is awful.

Her agent/publisher/girlfriend/parents etc should be ashamed that they let Jack do this to 300k+ followers, many of which, by the nature of her “campaigning” and USP, will be in vulnerable positions themselves. If I didn’t know what I know now, and just saw those tweets last night, I would have gone to bed absolutely gutted that our heroine is afflicted by dread illness and disease. Many of her “fans” will be upset. Her DMs must be through the roof (which is probably why she is sad-crumbing to begin with).

I wonder how the tip jar is going, now though. Moving is expensive. £500+ a week hotel stays don’t pay for themselves (nor do private recovery treatment centres) and she sure as tit can’t give her books away, it seems. I just hope she is getting slammed for child maintenance.
Botox and fillers, poss teef

• Haha
Reactions: 30
She ought to either tell people what's wrong or shut up about it. I get poked, jabbed and prodded all the time but I don't coyly hint it's a serious illness. It's stage 4 endo and I'm hoping when I get my gallbladder out they'll get what's left of it and I can get back to a mostly normal life.

I can laugh at Jack most of the time but I know a lot of us Frauen have chronic illness and pain so I get pissed off when carries on like this. Imagine her going through menopause? She'll think she's been chucked on a bonfire, silly woman.

• Heart
Reactions: 66
I never realised Pilates was named after the person who created it! Learn something new every day on these threads!
I like to pretend he is distantly related to Pontious Pilates

View attachment 549348

This is not what Victoria Wood would have wanted.
Nope. She has no sense of humour or humility with immense talent which VW had in spades.

If she’s being coy about being prodded and jabbed it’s really disgusting sadfishing and trying to get people to a conclusion without being honest. I got jabbed the other week - for my vaccination! And was v happy about it.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 43
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.