Jack Monroe #185 Serves zero

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Honestly, Jack’s inability to name a recipe without listing pretty much all of the ingredients is probably one of the main reasons I’m here 🤦🏻‍♀️

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 86
What does whole banana mean? Is there a whole banana in there, not mashed or anything? I'm not really a bakist so I don't know this term.
Imagine cutting into the cake to find a whole banana just lying there, perfectly preserved. Like an autopsy.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 98
Rufus Hound is such a successful comedian his last paid gig was on Dancing On Ice

• Haha
Reactions: 58
What does whole banana mean? Is there a whole banana in there, not mashed or anything? I'm not really a bakist so I don't know this term.
It's the surprise that theres actually something edible inside it. Tbf if I was presented with that and found a whole banana inside intact I'd be overjoyed.

• Haha
Reactions: 42
Whole banana: has she baked the skin in it? Because she is obsessed with making up ways to eat the ducking skin.
🥕 you ducking carrot

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 42
Is she jumping on the gluten-free wagon too? The bean and beetroot horror was also g/f.
She probably just doesn’t have any flour at her fancy apartment.

Wonder what happened to yesterday’s black bean brownie concoction? Because I’m sure she didn’t eat it and that Tesco Mediterranean vegetable tray is allegedly being used again.

(She’s just bought a multipack of disposable trays didn’t she?)

• Haha
Reactions: 48
Has the crappy bungalow appeared on Rightmove or Zoopla yet? I haven’t spotted it so I do wonder if she’s actually moving.

Perhaps her landlord needs to do some renovation post-Jack and before the next tenant.

Reactions: 28
She probably just doesn’t have any flour at her fancy apartment.

Wonder what happened to yesterday’s black bean brownie concoction? Because I’m sure she didn’t eat it and that Tesco Mediterranean vegetable tray is allegedly being used again.

(She’s just bought a multipack of disposable trays didn’t she?)
I'm not buying it at all. That IS the brownie!!! She's covered it with icing to hide the whole nuts she poked in the top, and then threw some dust on too. THAT IS THE BROWNIE. *Inception horns*

(The cake is a lie)

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 76
Honestly, Jack’s inability to name a recipe without listing pretty much all of the ingredients is probably one of the main reasons I’m here 🤦🏻‍♀️
OMG you the hit the nail on the head. I was wondering why I found whole banana and pistachio bread with a dark chocolate, date syrup and orange zest icing so irritating, and so classic JM, but I couldn’t figure out why.

But it’s what you said. All of her recipe names are just long lists of clashing ingredients, and there has to be at least five components.

I'm not buying it at all. That IS the brownie!!! She's covered it with icing to hide the whole nuts she poked in the top, and then threw some dust on too. THAT IS THE BROWNIE. *Inception horns*

(The cake is a lie)
YOU GENIUS.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 62
Are bananas actually low sugar?

hotel room doesn’t even have a wooden spoon But has a scourer to get off the roast veg, then the brownies and now this??

• Haha
Reactions: 51
Has the crappy bungalow appeared on Rightmove or Zoopla yet? I haven’t spotted it so I do wonder if she’s actually moving.

Perhaps her landlord needs to do some renovation post-Jack and before the next tenant.
Possibly fumigating, plus a damn good airing to get rid of the fish and egg smells!

Are bananas actually low sugar?

hotel room doesn’t even have a wooden spoon But has a scourer to get off the roast veg, then the brownies and now this??
I didn't watch the Delmonte Insta but heard what she did with a dirty tin, the roast veg tin would have been lucky to get a quick rinse under the tap!

Edited for typo

Last edited:
  • Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 32
Not sure how true this is, I've read that a banana has the same amount of sugar as a Mars Bar. Obviously not refined sugar, but if you're on a low sugar diet you'd want to take that into account, surely?

Reactions: 27
I think there was a chaos on the thread about Chris Ramsey’s wife because people posted the right move details, so if you are perusing bungalows for sale/rent be aware that any posts giving the details could be taken down faster than a squiggle innocently asking Jack “are you still using cryotherapy for your RA” not trying to moderate Poca please don’t put me in tattle jail.
Smol pixie facetuned some long long legs on themself!

• Heart
Reactions: 41
Screenshot_20210426-201149_Instagram.jpg
Screenshot_20210427-232309_Twitter.jpg

I am convinced it is the same cake. We're just seeing it from different ends and with icing & dust on top. Look at the bent side of the tray, there's no way she got the brownie out without bending the edges more, nope, not buying it jack. You got some of that pre made frosting and dropped it on the floor, admit it!!!

ETA: you can even see the same burnt bit in each pic, bottom left corner of tray in brownie pic, top right corner of tray in first dusty cake pic. I rest my case, m'lud.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 48
Not sure how true this is, I've read that a banana has the same amount of sugar as a Mars Bar. Obviously not refined sugar, but if you're on a low sugar diet you'd want to take that into account, surely?
Oh no, bananas do have less sugar than Mars bars, unless it's a 'Fun Size' Mars bar!

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.