Jack Monroe #185 Serves zero

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
View attachment 549199View attachment 549200

I am convinced it is the same cake. We're just seeing it from different ends and with icing & dust on top. Look at the bent side of the tray, there's no way she got the brownie out without bending the edges more, nope, not buying it jack. You got some of that pre made frosting and dropped it on the floor, admit it!!!

ETA: you can even see the same burnt bit in each pic, bottom left corner of tray in brownie pic, top right corner of tray in first dusty cake pic. I rest my case, m'lud.
Well spotted, the shady b!

• Haha
Reactions: 24
I think there was a chaos on the thread about Chris Ramsey’s wife because people posted the right move details, so if you are perusing bungalows for sale/rent be aware that any posts giving the details could be taken down faster than a squiggle innocently asking Jack “are you still using cryotherapy for your RA” not trying to moderate Poca please don’t put me in tattle jail.
Smol pixie facetuned some long long legs on themself!
Oops, yes, I should have been explicit about that in my post, you are totally right.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Well spotted, the shady b!
It begs the question of how the duck she iced the bastard?! No coolinary equipment, not even a spoon for a smol pixie to fry salad or a tin for baking. Did she she stick her big, gnarly hands straight into the tub and slather it on in a cacophony of chocolately yumminess, thick and dripping in all it's sugar/gluten/reality free glory?

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 40
The dark eye blotches look like the red eye remover feature in older versions of Adobe Photoshop.

I think Rufus Hound was joking. (Side note: someone on Twitter dated him recently-ish and said he’s a wrong’un.)
He is well named then.

That new cake is the colour of a newborn baby nappy. If you know you know.

I'm not sure if it is the same cake. The stodge nut log is flatter, lower than the edge of the tin. I bet she didn't bother to clean the tin between bakes. The second one looks like more of a mound shape, it's higher than the edges of the tin and it looks like it has melted chocolate spread on top and then sprinkled baby poop sawdust. Of course she could have created the mound with bananas or some other food. Either way it's ugly AF.

• Haha
Reactions: 54
OMG you the hit the nail on the head. I was wondering why I found whole banana and pistachio bread with a dark chocolate, date syrup and orange zest icing so irritating, and so classic JM, but I couldn’t figure out why.

But it’s what you said. All of her recipe names are just long lists of clashing ingredients, and there has to be at least five components.
It irritates me beyond belief. It is worse with savoury dishes, I reach peak rage when she mentions onions and garlic in the description, as if she is blowing our minds with her maverick creations 🙄

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 41
Is that the same guy from earlier? The nasty one?
I think this is what passes as British humour for the millenniums.

But Jack, now you have caught the ear of blueticker, privately educated, former employee of Claire's Accessories, Rufus Hound, it's time to cast your bread on stormy waters and hope it comes back buttered (or at least with a sick of lard)

There will always, always, be an upcoming series of my teenage diaries, and you, Jack, have teenage diaries, AND teenage poetry.

• Haha
Reactions: 30
He is well named then.

That new cake is the colour of a newborn baby nappy. If you know you know.

I'm not sure if it is the same cake. The stodge nut log is flatter, lower than the edge of the tin. I bet she didn't bother to clean the tin between bakes. The second one looks like more of a mound shape, it's higher than the edges of the tin and it looks like it has melted chocolate spread on top and then sprinkled baby poop sawdust. Of course she could have created the mound with bananas or some other food. Either way it's ugly AF.
Maybe she ate the top half of the brownie like a greedy, goblin, then added her whole banana slop on top?!

Is it a magic banana? Like a fruity toad in the hole, instead of finding a shilling for luck, you get a spoonful of narna and a potassium boost.

• Haha
Reactions: 27

I am convinced it is the same cake. We're just seeing it from different ends and with icing & dust on top. Look at the bent side of the tray, there's no way she got the brownie out without bending the edges more, nope, not buying it jack. You got some of that pre made frosting and dropped it on the floor, admit it!!!

ETA: you can even see the same burnt bit in each pic, bottom left corner of tray in brownie pic, top right corner of tray in first dusty cake pic. I rest my case, m'lud.
I didn’t think we would be cake truthing at this time of night but here we are! 😂😂

• Haha
Reactions: 29
I read this article about Sam Smith and loads of it reminded me of Jack. All about nepotism and privilege and stuff. (And being economical with the truth re: personal backstories)

I think it’s a series, I wonder if they’ll do one on Jack!

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 45
I'm sorry, but WTF? I've run out of words..
View attachment 549127
just chuck a few anchovies and asda frozen sausages on it will be bungalow standard in no time.

she can keep the rotten bastard. no one else would want it.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 28
What does whole banana mean? Is there a whole banana in there, not mashed or anything? I'm not really a bakist so I don't know this term.
I bet she’s put the entire banana, skin and all, in a blender. Luckily she’ll never get round to giving us the recipe so we don’t need to know.

Rufus Hound is the voice of Waffle the Wonder Dog which does a good job of keeping the kids quiet. So I can’t dislike him too much.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 28
I read this article about Sam Smith and loads of it reminded me of Jack. All about nepotism and privilege and stuff. (And being economical with the truth re: personal backstories)

I think it’s a series, I wonder if they’ll do one on Jack!
People know who Sam Smith is, he has had a Bond theme, no1 single(s), won a grammy. Apart from the Katie Hopkins case and being known for being extremely litigious by the press, Jack is virtually unknown to the GBP. I don't think this will happen, sadly

Isn't that Dave Lamb?
You're right, yes, my apologies! Now trying to think what annoying show my daughter watches that I've seen his name on (I won't apologise to Dave Lamb for saying he has a twattish voice though, because he does)

• Haha
  • Wow
You're right, yes, my apologies! Now trying to think what annoying show my daughter watches that I've seen his name on (I won't apologise to Dave Lamb for saying he has a twattish voice though, because he does)
I used to love Come Dine With Me, I haven't watched it for several years because of the casting, loud people chosen because they will clash.

I always enjoyed Dave Lamb's narration when I did watch, we are all different @Cookiecookie , no shade intended xx

• Heart
Reactions: 39
Imagine Jack being on Come Dine With Me - when the guests look around the 'crappy bungalow', the things they'd find!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 51
Imagine Jack being on Come Dine With Me - when the guests look around the 'crappy bungalow', the things they'd find!
Nothing worse I suspect than what was on the plates! A drawer of cocks you can laugh about, brown slop and desserts with beans in you'd cry!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 33
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.