Jack Monroe #185 Serves zero

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Congratulations to @Emmapism for coming up with the title ❤

Welcome to thread 185 slop avoiders!

Wild Garlic. London. 2021
Jack found or bought some and photographed it for instagram. I'm not sure if the garlic has been facetuned however.

The Diva awards (for which Jack has been nominated as best influencer) have their own chaos when it becomes apparent that they have not notified nominees of their inclusion in the award nominations. Therefore due to the outcry, the influencer category is removed. Category die so Jack cry, why oh why.

Del Monte present a salad of sadness by Jack. It's not brown or sloppy but it does look like the dregs of a dried out swamp and just as non filling too. Even the frogs would pass.

Jack is in her element presenting another dish of bleurgh containing vague limp greens formerly known as wild garlic. Delectably disgusting raw egg yolks, a Jack favourite also make a comeback. She has a real flair for making food no one wants to eat.

One and done Jack presents us with a brownie brick to remind us why constipation occurs. She claims this solid brown log is perfect but will need triple testing. To be honest it could anchor a ship or be the foundation stone of a skyscraper.

The brownie is baked in a convenience food tin as Jack continues to drop anvil hints about not being at home.

Jack treats us to a rare selfie, this time showing off her borrowed bedroom. The soft soft pink sofa retracting the morning light is definitely what is making her look younger and smoother. Nothing to do with facetune whatsoever. There are also cake sized breadcrumbs about where she is and why (rehab). Clearly she wants her good friends the fraus to know.

Jack somehow becomes entangled in an argument about drugs and sobriety. In this case she seems to have remained quite uncharacteristically mature.

Jack soon deletes her selfie and the argument. The selfie may or may not have revealed Sauron's eye within Jack's eye.

Our bowls overfloweth when Jack introduces us to Nigella as a bowl. Of course the cabal have a better idea 😉

Housekeeping

*]

Please use the words ‘thread title’ (two separate words) when making a bid for one as it makes it easier to search. Also, try to hold off to the latter part of the thread if possible (after post #500). And remember - no swears are allowed.

There is a thread in the off topic forum called Food and Drink where off topic chat is encouraged if / when Jack is quiet.

New to Jack? Have a look at the wiki.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 136
The pickled mandarin discovery ended me. How can she take the piss out of anyone elses recipes and produce stuff like that?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 46
I'm on a rapidGrunk so apologies if this has been mentioned before

Screenshot 2021-04-27 at 16.37.15.png

The only positive comment on Jack's Schrödinger's pork (both overcooked and undercooked) is from a Del Monte employee (hammering it home that it fed four people :rolleyes: )

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 102
Didn't something like this happen with Hellman's all their staff commented on things. I feel a bit bad for her, kind of like getting only friend requests from your mum and her mates. 😬

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 59
Tonight is the Ruby/Scoff talk on the BL Food Season event.

Beginning to feel sorry for Jack tbh. Lots of things going on that they should be involved with and there is a notable absence.

Wonder what Thursday’s Diva event will bring?

Reactions: 28
Thanks for the new thread with superb recap @People-huv-tae-know and congratulations @Emmapism ❤

Too late to comment before #184 closed but great spot by @Captainmouse regarding the silver serving spoon used in the latest Del Monte corporate hara-kiri recipe.
It looks like the Alessi Nuovo Milano range. I've got this set, the tea spoon is teeny-tiny smol and doesn't even accurately measure a standard tsp.
#spoontruther

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 49
Mr Kebab rarely comments on Jackapades (viewing my Tattle time as bizarre which is rich coming from his Forex trading, fantasy football self) but I just told him about the pickled beans and he sang me a song lasting about a minute as to why it sounds disgusting
"beans are fine
please don't pickle
mandarins stay in tin
why would this be done
that sounds bleeping rank"

(He listens to music which does not rhyme because everyone is too busy screaming)

• Haha
Reactions: 56
That Bevan chick she replied to about the women’s writer commune (funny how she’s a woman no questions asked when it allows her to hang off the coattails of upper middle class tossers) was all over my Twitter yesterday giving it “£200k isn’t that much to do up the Prime Minister’s residence!” and when she got pushback suggesting that “the £30k decor allowance funded by the taxpayer won’t go very far in a listed property!!!”. Get to absolute duck.

Jack was clearly a spoilt brat from childhood anyway, with the lilac Mercedes obsession and “executive” flat at 20, but hanging with this sort of person has irrevocably warped her vision of how normal people live and spend and decorate their homes. No wonder she thinks she’s too good for rehab in Essex. She might have to talk to someone in clothes from Primark or trainers that cost less than £180 *shudders*. Got to be a flashy clinic in London, daaaaahling.

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 67
Tonight is the Ruby/Scoff talk on the BL Food Season event.

Beginning to feel sorry for Jack tbh. Lots of things going on that they should be involved with and there is a notable absence.

Wonder what Thursday’s Diva event will bring?
Not sure if the award ceremony will be available to watch live on their YouTube channel? The other events/talks for Lesbian Week Of Visibility have been streamed live this week.

Gang, I've just had a thought. Perhaps Del Monte asked for Less Beans and Jack had a massive chaos?

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 31
I had to google lilac Mercedes and there is quite a variety in shades.
Clk230-Avantgarde-Komp-A-Coupe-Mercedes-Lilac-Blue.jpg

25af993b975be8a8f42d106974ebc695.jpg

I suspect this is as close as Jack will ever come to owning one.
143-1-43-Diecast-Mercedes-Benz-A-Class-Lilac.jpg

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 52
Grunking and I am hooting and fizzing at the Jack as bowls photos 😂
Makes up for the immense anger I feel towards her bullshit stalking worries. How many times Jack, don’t post photos if you don’t want people to know where you are for fucks sake.

• Heart
Reactions: 43
He's now singing "sweet and sour beans" to the tune of Rock Me Amadeus. We can only assume that is what the contents of the jar taste like, I hope we never find out.

• Haha
Reactions: 39
Vlad is having a laugh at my expense. Salted egg salmon skin! Just because I read about Jack Monroe's terrible food suggestions doesn't mean I want to eat like her, quite the contrary.

My targeted ad

unfortunately since I clicked I suspect I will get more like this...

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 37
Thanks for the new thread with superb recap @People-huv-tae-know and congratulations @Emmapism ❤

Too late to comment before #184 closed but great spot by @Captainmouse regarding the silver serving spoon used in the latest Del Monte corporate hara-kiri recipe.
It looks like the Alessi Nuovo Milano range. I've got this set, the tea spoon is teeny-tiny smol and doesn't even accurately measure a standard tsp.
#spoontruther
Why do we think she does this with the spoons and tiny bowls? Is it to cosplay an ED? Or to breadcrumb a real one? A big hearty portion is a much better advert for a food expert.

• Sad
Reactions: 31
Yay! Thank you to Jack Monroe and Del Monte for creating a recipe SO delicious it serves zero people.

It's also a real money saver at a cost of no pence per portion #JacksHacks #Frugalliving #pleasehelpmyfamilyissohungry #thriftytips

• Haha
Reactions: 42
Some nice bowls for Jack. Top one is Spode Strawberry Thief. Middle is Denby Cotswold pattern and oh so braahn. Last one speaks for itself.
tf78617-xg_1.jpg

download.jpeg.jpg

SMGB01.jpg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 55
Yay! Thank you to Jack Monroe and Del Monte for creating a recipe SO delicious it serves zero people.

It's also a real money saver at a cost of no pence per portion #JacksHacks #Frugalliving #pleasehelpmyfamilyissohungry #thriftytips
This is how you live on £20 a week 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 38
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.