Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

kachoochoo

VIP Member
god, I was thinking she was in mayfair when she's actually in shoreditch!

thanks for the pink sofa help @bazzam!

tbh, it looks a lovely lil bolt hole

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 24

Malkiavelli

Chatty Member
As much as I dislike people using the word 'ecosystem' outside of Biology of Earth sciences, these systems seem to function a bit like natural ecosystems. In the sense that there will always be species (or parties) that show up to feed off the detritus. There's bacteria living in the Mariana Trench and there will always be a person who'll make money off the most absurd thing on social media.
Fair point well made - I suppose it should be considered a creative way to make money in a modern world, but fucking hell talk about money for old rope for those gullible and desperate enough to consider it of value. Bonkers.

Captainmouse

VIP Member
The other day, when I was looking for a gross sounding Jack recipe (and settled upon kidney bean and pineapple curry) I found this recipe, which does indeed suggest that plain tinned tomatoes is an acceptable sauce. No seasoning, herbs, garlic or onion. Just tinned tomatoes stirred through. Yummy!

View attachment 545787
Why do the look like tarmacadam? 🤮 burnt, dry, yet swimming in slop

• Haha

Gildinwen-TKB

This is exactly what I thought of! Jameela also claims that when she was a teenager, a man grabbed her fully clothed vagina in Oxford Street so hard that she bled.

I mean, lie about something weird and obscure, sure, but c'mon. 52% of the world's population have vaginas, and I think we all look at that story and go "...no."

I mean especially when you have a *working knowledge of anatomy*. So she was on Oxford Street and this man grabbed her vagina ( which is *internal Jameelia* so hard it bled? And no one intervened?

Cookiecookie

VIP Member
Most of the squigs in the comments agree they look crap. This one however, acknowledges they look crap but is going to try them anyway as they're after a recipe that doesn't disappoint 🤷.

View attachment 546640
What about that photo suggests they won't disappoint? They look miserable just sat on the plate (I honestly thought they were chunky cookies) A scone should be a lovely fat fluffy thing, not flat and crunchy!

• Haha

Lanie

VIP Member
I have just realised something she is that teenager Catherine Tate played.
"Am I bothered" etc. I know she speaks English slang but I just can't bring myself to type it.

• Haha

Whaa?

VIP Member
I've been talking about getting some new cookbooks on F&D and I'm going to add Health Indian Vegetarian to the list as it looks amazing thank(space)you and will also check out the videos. Hopefully Chetna one day gets the popular exposure it sounds like she deserves.

Just thinking and won't tag just in case but been thinking about some members who haven't seemed to be around for a while - namely SoulRebel, the venerable Alansbigplate, Incywincy and Jenny-with-the-numbers (2603???) Hope they are all OK in the real world and just having a break from our Mackie

RE: Rajma. I can't stand it. I rarely meet a curry gravy I don't like and I love kidney beans in a chilli 'non' carne but rajma makes me queasy and I have no idea why. I have even tried a rajma gravy with other pulses and like it. What is up with my brain?

Edited to add morning rajma thoughts
Chetnas Healthy Indian is 99p on kindle at the moment. Have just bought it. Not vegetarian or vegan but enough recipes in there to make it worth 99p.

• Heart

bladiesla

VIP Member
Don’t try the peach curry - I made it for my wife and sister in law as a treat once. It was rank, and the first time I’ve ever known Mrs. B to swear at a plate of food. We ended up having a takeaway instead 😂
I do love fruity curries though, and my man as well (I think he likes it even more than me.). We often have a thai mango curry or a pineapple curry, but the 'famous' JM one just never seemed worth a try.

Shawads

VIP Member
I do love fruity curries though, and my man as well (I think he likes it even more than me.). We often have a thai mango curry or a pineapple curry, but the 'famous' JM one just never seemed worth a try.
I remember school dinners in the 70s, always slightly green with raisins in. I loved them, didn't get proper food at home so any cooked meal was a treat for me. That's carried on into today, I'm one of the few people who actually enjoys hospital food. Eta *school dinner curries.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 23
New thread for corduroy suit lovers.

• Heart
Reactions: 23