Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

BananaSmith

Chatty Member
I don’t know why she couldn’t just use the beans as they come in that salad. What does pickling add, exactly (other than a 4-day wait)?
Anyway, I see it has an almighty 18 likes, which is an improvement on the last one. And a couple of comments ...
I had to double check the hash tags as I swore there was a #rinserofbeans first time. Sadly I was wrong, much like Jack's recipes

• Haha
Reactions: 25

ThriftStoreLeCreuset

showing mr kcc the salad that serves zero and he declares he'd prefer a plate of dog shit

and, unfortunately, this salad is not fried
More from Clown College Mel Donte . I particularly like, “20 minutes to prepare the salad. minutes” with ‘minutes’ randomly repeated to reassure you it’s not ‘days’ again.

View attachment 547072
Plenty of black pepper!

This content is a parody.

• Haha

Oxford_Girl

Chatty Member
She's a media lovey, all her acquaintances will be functioning alcoholics and cokeheads *sweeping generalisation but she does not commune with every day people*
So she needs to make changes and surround herself with a different social circle. Why should she expect her circle to change their behavior for her ? Ah yes because she is Jack silly me

• Heart

Fruitjack

VIP Member
we (2 Middle aged people) went with a 13 year old who is only interested in his X box in October and we all absolutely loved it

Your post has made me wonder if she uses her appearance, single-motherhood, and position as 17,384th most important lesbian in the country to distract from the offensive recipes

It's been around twenty-five years and I can still smell the Jorvik Centre

eta: wiki tells me they have since increased the smells, sights, and sounds and I'm gonna have to visit again

• Heart

Suffolkmum

Chatty Member
On Australian masterchef once, Matt the foot critic guy made no knead bread, a basic tomato sauce and then made a soup from a tin of baked beans to show the contestants it didn’t need to be fancy pants to create something tasty.
I imagine it is probably hard for Jack as she probably grew up with middle class food so it probably wasn’t
Sunday-roast chicken
Tuesday-chicken curry with the leftovers
Wednesday- broth from the chicken carcass siup
Thursday- toastie night/beans on toast/omlette etc
Friday- chippy chips
Saturday- spag Bol

and This was basically how I grew up with slight variations.
No slop in sight !!
yes, we had a similar weekly menu. It was always good tasty food. In my experience with my kids and grandchildren, you give them what you know they will eat. At the same time persuading them to try new things. None of mine would eat anything Jack produces, I’d end up throwing food away. By the way, what did you have on mondays

Suffolkmum

Chatty Member
On a catch up. What is with this current trend of bunging weird stuff in cakes etc. I’ve made cakes with courgettes, beetroot and carrots and they all turned out good and tasty. But, Lord above beans! Why, why.

• Haha

Orphan_Black

VIP Member
3 'recipes' in one afternoon ,my my they are spoiling us ...or they've been on a grunk and noticed we were looking for new slop ...those brownies are again a bit ...'dry' and they look burnt on top and if they are using the foil tray from the veg take away you won't get many brownies in there ...3 possibly 4 so not exactly a midnight feast ?
I don't think it'll be properly cooked in middle either, too deep.

• Sick

Shawads

VIP Member
No disrespect to the kid but I keep thinking of a Golden Retriever in an apron when I see Buddy's in the kitchen.
He is the spit of both parents. Lucky kid, ii look at kids like that and hope their lives are as easy and innocent as they look!

Flash123

VIP Member
I wonder what she was trying to actually do with the photoshop. I’m sure she will tell us once she has a grunk!

• Haha

Kelpie

I remember that from last year - lots of people saying pet fur is unsuitable for bird nests due to the toxic nature of flea treatments. But I think birds just crack on with nesting, don't they? No need to gift them sleeping bags, etc - they're capable of finding their own bits and bobs for nest materials.
Never mind the fact that I can't imagine Ma and Pa Bluetit and the weans snuggling down in a duvet made of the fur of their greatest predator! Cosy 😬

• Haha
  • Wow

FlashBoof

VIP Member
I watched the TK recipe yesterday and agree it's so much better than the stuff they post ,I get it was the first of 52 but there could have been a bit more info for those who are novices, how much is a ,'splash' of oil or water ,what heat did the pan need to go on to make the chicken sizzle etc ,but it's early days and as people were saying I'll bet there will be a book with all the recipes in at the end .
I was happy to have him tell everyone to wash their hands and equipment (even if it WAS after handling the curry spice pot!) 🥳

emm

VIP Member
This is something that deeply puzzles me. Surely all these people have creative control (Del Monte aside as they clearly don’t give a single fuck) yet they let her come out with these monstrosities. Did DKL not ask to see a pic of the infamous lasagne before just letting her plough ahead with it on tv? The same way GQ are now making digs about her meatballs but they signed off on it.

It’s the contrast between those and this morning where I don’t think the lingreenie is inherently terrible if you did it properly, they had limited control because she wasn’t physically there and it was largely a clusterfuck because of Jack being terrible at presenting plus the uncooked pasta.
honestly I don't know how tv and these kind of things work, but I just think at the beginning of lockdown they must have been scrambling for content tbh, I remember soaps like hollyoaks/doctors etc unable to film so I assume they needed to fill up time? there is no way in hell she would have been given that job in a normal time, the fact that even then it was only given two weeks is pretty telling imo. Had they had a good "co host" as she called herself I think it would still be on now

i had presumed the answer would be "yes absolutely" :LOL:

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 24