Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

maytoseptember

VIP Member
Kidney beans make a great curry (love a good rajma - one of the simplest and cheapest dishes to make at home!) but putting pineapple in it is a huge waste and guaranteed to be totally disgusting. Kidney bean and pineapple curry would not only be doubly acidic (pineapple juice combined with the tomatoes, eek) but robs you of the opportunity to have a nice simple pudding for afters (I'm thinking pineapple plus a basic crumble topping of butter/sugar/flour, possibly served with custard?). At this point I'm wondering if she's merely an elaborate troll testing the boundaries of influencer culture and connections, or if she's genuinely just that inept a cook. Would rather see a show presented by that kid who started his own vegan restaurant :(
I have never heard of rajma and I married into an Indian family 🤣 They’re Bengali - maybe the kidney bean didn’t quite get that far.

Reactions: 26

Sentient mirror

More like "Take a Break". She could also write some Top Tips while she's there. One of their suggestions was making slippers out of sanitary towels so they are right in her niche.
She uses socks for sanitary towels so could make slippers out of socks. Or something:unsure:

• Haha
  • Sick

Vroo

Seriously you think she has made it all but pickled bean 🤢 what waste a good tin of bean, no matter what type they could be put to much use in a proper recipe

• Haha

Whaa?

VIP Member
What does she have against baked bean juice??
I wondered if Jack remembered supermarket price wars in which baked beans were being sold for 4p . TV features were done on rinsing said beans and making other things from them. I have googled though and I don't think Jack was old enough.

• Haha

emm

VIP Member
this reminds me of the kind of photo people put on their myspace back in the day

To be fair, even if you take away the four days for pickling, 50 minutes for a fucking salad is insane. It's chopping up a few things and putting them in a bowl.
I just cannot understand who her audience for these kind of things is, surely if she is making recipes for people without much money they are often people working really long hours for very little/looking after children etc, why would they want a 50 minute salad?! (especially as somehow all this time still results in a raw egg?!)

Last edited:
  • Haha
We had a sudden frost here a short while ago that got the daffs, though I think the wild garlic would survive an apocalypse 😂

I think the normalise sobriety was just Jack trying to capitalise on the fridge pic going semiviral.

(and oh god yes, so anxious about LoD @Into_the_tunnel )

• Heart

Shawads

VIP Member
Menu I posted also includes shepherd’s pie and occasionally fish pie!

I don’t think we had fajitas TIL I was about 16 and that was probably the influence from my older brothers and sisters.
Sunday night salad was also a thing in the summer with home made potato salad and coleslaw

Am watching on I player. It’s great. Just be prepared to avoid social media for the next couple of weeks.
Fab, thank you, I think I was trying Netflix. Everyone I know is talking about it, I'm such a sheep 🤣

I am also in this camp. Add to the list also;
7. Got out of providing book for third missed deadline.
8. Gained sympathy and attention from ex/bb/very good friend etc.
9. Got out of care-giving duties
10. Potential earnings from “My road to sobriety” in the Guardian or whomevers mug enough to pay for 800 flowery words of drivel.

And I am sure others could also add to the list. 😒
I feel like a heel speculating on this but it never rang true for me in the first place, it seemed to come out of nowhere and I'm pretty sure I noted at the time of the big reveal that someone more famous had recently come out as an alcoholic/ addict, maybe more than one person and I have a vague memory of a fleeting thought that she was angling for attention.
May gods strike me down if I'm wrong

Oh it you fancy a classic grunk just take a look at the threads from December...the video of a mince pie filling cake pudding with drill/saw sound effects, the Rachel Green Tribute Trifle with green sprinkles (peas) the lard, so much lard...the covid, the dead pigeon. Dec-Jan was a full time cabal commitment.
Strewth mate, thanks, I look forward to this

That Christmas dinner was in direct contravention of so many laws that the Onion Police had to pony up for several weeks of overtime just to fill all the paperwork out, never mind filing with the CPS (Chicken Protective Services) and the cost of prosecution in Onion Court. They're still working on the case now.

@Shawads if you missed her Christmas menu, here is a link to it on her blog. It was part of the Del Monte campaign. She then announced she'd made the entirety of her own Christmas dinner in her multiple slow cookers, without roasties because apparently everybody was fine without them. If you look at the photos of them on her blog I think you would be fine without them too.
Wtaf?! Cheers for the link, totes looking forward to this too, Jack is a Christmas gift 14/7

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Haha

Fruitjack

VIP Member
I can’t see the recipe on the website she mentions. I did find out that the partnership ends in June though.
8C832C01-11E4-4589-9E5D-610249453A05.png

• Haha
  • Wow

Lanie

VIP Member
The sight of her eggs always disgusts me. One of the strongest pieces of evidence we have that she cannot cook – the eggs always look like they been out of the shell for no longer than two minutes!
Yum, eggs with a side of semonella isn't that the only way to serve eggs.

I am surprised she doesnt constantly sing how do you like you're eggs in the morning?

Slopped or dried, are you satisfied ...

• Haha

Orphan_Black

VIP Member
I do love fruity curries though, and my man as well (I think he likes it even more than me.). We often have a thai mango curry or a pineapple curry, but the 'famous' JM one just never seemed worth a try.
May I ask if the prawn cocktail with grapefruit is a fruity flavouring that you'd think works? Just reading the recipe now, and it sounds horrible!

• Sick
  • Haha

Orphan_Black

VIP Member
Jamie Oliver is constantly putting out recipes (for free!!) and still manages to sell loads of cook books.

I think buddy will probably feature heavily in the new show ‘Together’ and then probably get a spin of show of his own on channel 4 in a couple of years
I can imagine Buddy doing something similar to what Gorden's daughter did on CBBC.

Shawads

VIP Member
I couldn't see my family for Christmas and you gorgeous ninnies made it such fun what with the running commentary on the Aunt Bessies, and who could forget her grandad's trifle recipe ...which turned out to be an abomination of a Birds trifle (he's DEAD). And where her sneering at others Trifles (and very beautiful they were too) annoyed the now legendary Trifle Defender.
I had a happy Xmas thanks to you, dear Fraus xx 💜
Where did the Christmas happen? Is it a video? Did they really not get roasties?
Christmas Dinner is my favourite meal of all time. I'd be devo mate if there was no roast pots 😳

• Sad

HotesTilaire

VIP Member
@Shawads I might re-grunka them myself. Kind of like a great film where you spot a little thing each time you look at it. I was never alone during England Lockdown 2 or was it 3?

• Haha
Reactions: 25