Jack Monroe #184 Jack Monroe's Big Book of Boak

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:

Oops. Mom's done a chaos! Will our slop slinging heroine leap to her defence?!
Oh Nigella, no...no no no. It doesn't matter how good it might taste to you, that's 100 years of Anzac history you're messing with. Lots of proud families of Diggers will be disappointed to say the least.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 38
The increase in followers will just be because the fridge pic got loads of likes (over 40k and counting).

Come on Fraus, we are better than this.

• Haha
Reactions: 31
Just googled 'buy twitter followers' - holy duck, what a mad world we live in..
As much as I dislike people using the word 'ecosystem' outside of Biology of Earth sciences, these systems seem to function a bit like natural ecosystems. In the sense that there will always be species (or parties) that show up to feed off the detritus. There's bacteria living in the Mariana Trench and there will always be a person who'll make money off the most absurd thing on social media.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 42
Apart’hotel definitely.

Jack - your US followers would call that an ‘efficiency’. You can have that one from me.

• Haha
Reactions: 31
Does her aparthotel have a chopping board? Wild garlic on the work surface may be a cute photo opp, but it's a bit gross no?

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 39
As much as I dislike people using the word 'ecosystem' outside of Biology of Earth sciences, these systems seem to function a bit like natural ecosystems. In the sense that there will always be species (or parties) that show up to feed off the detritus. There's bacteria living in the Mariana Trench and there will always be a person who'll make money off the most absurd thing on social media.
Fair point well made - I suppose it should be considered a creative way to make money in a modern world, but bleeping hell talk about money for old rope for those gullible and desperate enough to consider it of value. Bonkers.

Reactions: 24
'Aparthotel' is quickly going 'tort' for me.

It looks and sounds like Apartheid to me, makes me a wee bit uncomfortable as that was a huge and divisive topic when I was a teen and first taking a real interest in world politics.

Reactions: 22
Does her aparthotel have a chopping board? Wild garlic on the work surface may be a cute photo opp, but it's a bit gross no?
I’ve seen videos of her cooking/chopping directly onto work surfaces before. In RENTED properties. It makes me shudder. She’s probably doing it there, she has no respect for other people's property.

• Sad
  • Sick
Reactions: 38
She’s definitely in an Aparthotel but I had to choose Don’t Care because...well I don’t 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 53
Glad to see the unpleasantness from angry squiggle last night is over and we're on to deranged salad frying.

• Haha
Reactions: 48
"Hello Reception how can I help you?"

"Good morning, for our records, do your fridges have caraffes in them? Are you cupbaords blue? What brand of Smeg fridge do you have? Do you sterilise your yakult? Would you provide Kimchi in an imaginary mini bar for someone in recovery?"

"I'm calling the police."
First belly laugh of the day. Thank space you

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 29
I do think she's the weirdest food writer on social media, regardless of the pish food and cosplaying. So much posting of cooking and food without recipes, and status updates in the style of when you were just about able to put a status on Facebook (ca 2007/2008, I do remember it felt novel and people posted any fart they let out). There is nothing professional about it.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 51
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.