Jack Monroe #183 Someone's fewmmin'

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
There's a few tweets today from organisations who are attempting to give away loads of copies of Good Food for Bad Days 😂. It includes this one ...View attachment 542690

.... which takes you to a facebook video of a lady doing two of the recipes from it. The first one is a tomato soup one, and the ingredients are tinned tomatoes, sundried tomatoes, and .... a tin of tomato soup. So she's written a recipe for tomato soup whose main ingredient is tinned tomato soup. The second recipe os for ice cream cake. You mix melted ice cream with flour and baking power and then stick it in the oven. I'd be almost tempted to try this (just to see how bad it is) except for the fact that it seems like a huge waste of a tub of ice cream.
Is this the 'book' that bombed at 3k sales? Because I'm thinking this is the last, desperate step before an Alan Partridge style pulping party.

• Haha
Reactions: 49
Exactly. This initiative might not pay, but if Jack had been involved then her name would have been all over the news next to Tom and Marcus. Ultimately, this is good for her brand, and next time some wanky marketing executive is looking for a face that fits their budget/healthy campaign, they'd be like "how about that smol pixie who did the thing with Marcus Rashford?"

And then she could recreate the Money scene from Cabaret in the living room of her crappy bungalow.
Do you not think Sainsbury’s would have vetoed her after last time?

• Heart
Reactions: 37
Why is the idea of tomato soup as an ingredient for tomato soup making me feel incredibly queasy!?
It's just so bizarre. Feeling blue? Can't be bothered cooking? Why not buy a can of tomato soup and blend it up with some tinned tomatoes?! 🤡

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 70
These are obviously Tattlers. So although I’d like to believe that people out in the wider world are getting wise to Jack’s bullshit, I’m not sure that’s actually true.
There are some squiggles quoted (one or two) who are not tattlers but do read here. It’s a public forum, nothing to stop someone reading along.

Reactions: 42
There's a few tweets today from organisations who are attempting to give away loads of copies of Good Food for Bad Days 😂. It includes this one ...View attachment 542690

.... which takes you to a facebook video of a lady doing two of the recipes from it. The first one is a tomato soup one, and the ingredients are tinned tomatoes, sundried tomatoes, and .... a tin of tomato soup. So she's written a recipe for tomato soup whose main ingredient is tinned tomato soup. The second recipe os for ice cream cake. You mix melted ice cream with flour and baking power and then stick it in the oven. I'd be almost tempted to try this (just to see how bad it is) except for the fact that it seems like a huge waste of a tub of ice cream.
Again this goes back to ‘just open a tin of tomato soup FFS’. I love tomato soup on those sort of days...

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 49
Jack mate, wear whatever you like to the awards ceremony. You are under no obligation to look 'pretty' or 'nice', especially not to the cabal.

If you do go ahead with the Clown combo, people will laugh, and not in a good way, but if it makes you happy, go ahead, it is not like you are up to an award or anything,

• Heart
Reactions: 43
God, this tweet still makes me so angry. It is one of the most patronising things I've ever seen.

Re: squiggles - one's been around for ages and I'm sure reads here (maybe used to post here, though no evidence for that and I don't know who they were), and often pops up with replies on negative JM tweets. The other in this case is BLM squiggle who raised an absolutely appropriate grievance with JM around the BLM issues. No idea if they were already onto her or if the BLM stuff tipped them over the edge. They're a bit of a hero, they didn't back down and they were absolutely the grown up in the conversation. No idea if they read here, but if they do then I hope they know they're pretty cool.

I do love a new arrival, especially with a good back story, but I do like that there are brave squiggles out there fighting the good fight. I've never interacted with JM on social media, only here when she came to our yard (TM @heretoreaditall2019), and it's sometimes super-frustrating to sit on my hands, particularly lately.

@Orphan_Black - speaking of thread #31. I said something to JM there about her ASD (compared her behaviour to my daughter who also has ASD) and she took what I'd said and used it a few times as the explanation for a couple of her behaviours. I thought I was going a bit nuts (sorry, but I am nuts, so please can I be allowed the colloquialism?) when she did it (I've had someone do that to me before - take something about me and tell it as if it were their story) and it's *incredibly* disorientating. I mentioned it here and I think a couple of people said they'd noticed it too, and then I felt a bit less unstable. Hope you're feeling better now. (Sorry for ALL THE BRACKETS).
Agree completely, can believe BLM squiggle came here and read for a bit as she references the horrific food JM was serving at that point in time, dusty mushrooms are ancient history to us now we’ve moved through the botulism era and we’re into charcoal paired with acidic slave labour fruits now. Usually a full on convert announces themselves, like we’ve got at least one vegan squiggle amongst us.

Sadly the reason I recognised her was because Jack had pretty much no interaction with any BAME accounts or seemingly any fans that don’t look like Giles and Nutty off gogglebox tbh. BLM squiggle rightly called her out for her bizarre behaviour around BLM, unsurprisingly Jack refused to engage or develop a view point beyond the defensive. Something I learnt with the Florence given / the slum flower row was publishers usually hire people to check for blind spots or potentially offensive content. It’s been said better by others on the thread but Jack has SO many blind spots - living in temp accommodation, a HMO, overcrowded housing, not having a £30 slow cooker, etc etc. Amazing none of these have ever been considered by her publisher, but they must be trash too so no surprises there 🤷🏻‍♀️

Also will never recover from just what a rude little gremlin she was that day, wild that we’re meant to be the scum of the earth yet she really brought the tone of the place down. Sadly none of us had discovered “awfully gauche darling” yet! xx

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 68

.... which takes you to a facebook video of a lady doing two of the recipes from it. The first one is a tomato soup one, and the ingredients are tinned tomatoes, sundried tomatoes, and .... a tin of tomato soup. So she's written a recipe for tomato soup whose main ingredient is tinned tomato soup. The second recipe is for ice cream cake. You mix melted ice cream with flour and baking power and then stick it in the oven. I'd be almost tempted to try this (just to see how bad it is) except for the fact that it seems like a huge waste of a tub of ice cream.
Apparently you can do this with a McDonald’s McFlurry and self raising flour!

Eta Soup with soup in it? Whatever next

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 46
Again this goes back to ‘just open a tin of tomato soup FFS’. I love tomato soup on those sort of days...
I thought perhaps it was to double the portion of the tinned soup. But THEN I thought, surely it's cheaper to just buy two cans of tinned soup than it is to buy one tin of soup, one tin of chopped tomatoes, sundried tomatoes, oil and balsamic (plus you need to put it through a blender). In conclusion, I'm obviously putting way too much thought into it.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 63

.... which takes you to a facebook video of a lady doing two of the recipes from it. The first one is a tomato soup one, and the ingredients are tinned tomatoes, sundried tomatoes, and .... a tin of tomato soup. So she's written a recipe for tomato soup whose main ingredient is tinned tomato soup. The second recipe is for ice cream cake. You mix melted ice cream with flour and baking power and then stick it in the oven. I'd be almost tempted to try this (just to see how bad it is) except for the fact that it seems like a huge waste of a tub of ice cream.
If you have ice cream, why not just eat the ice cream? Why am I typing this? Have I learned nothing?

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 93
Jack might get a recipe mentioned by Marcus and Tom.

One of the team might have contacted her “behind the scenes” to discuss this.

Still doesn’t make up for not posting a quick, congratulatory retweet.

Seems like a massive sulk to me.

• Haha
Reactions: 56

But you wouldn’t would you? You’d just enjoy the McFlurry.

• Heart
Reactions: 40

I tried the ice cream cake mix! I had some ice cream I’d got fed up of and was going to chuck away. Needless to say, it didn’t work properly and the end result tasted like the ice cream and didn’t taste of cake.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 39
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.