Jack Monroe #183 Someone's fewmmin'

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
This! I was wondering who was crossing over? It reads like what is said here. Naughty, naughty!

By acting all snarky, she’s encouraging her flying monkeys to question why she isn’t involved. She’s neither confirming nor denying and she knows people will get all up in their high horses on her behalf, so she’s sitting back to see if she’ll get the call she wants. When people question her, she hasn’t really said anything either way so it’s their fault for deducing however they have.
It wasn't me, your honour. I was too busy rewatching old episodes of HIGNFY.

Just popping in to say that last night this thread was particularly hilarious. The 'working behind the scenes' meme/gif/? made me do a scream.

The GQ article is something else. So much shade. Love it.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 66
This! I was wondering who was crossing over? It reads like what is said here. Naughty, naughty!

By acting all snarky, she’s encouraging her flying monkeys to question why she isn’t involved. She’s neither confirming nor denying and she knows people will get all up in their high horses on her behalf, so she’s sitting back to see if she’ll get the call she wants. When people question her, she hasn’t really said anything either way so it’s their fault for deducing however they have.
Could be people reading but not a maven?

• Heart
Reactions: 37
Wasn’t me Hastings, although I’m slightly proud there’s another ragin’ Bajan Scot out there. I’ve been busy wondering why when my dentist gave me an appointment at 2.30 it took me FAR too long to get the joke...am I losing my sense of humour!?
Off to floss...

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 58
So many posts to respond to this morning but I'm already behind schedule 🤣
Just wanted to say what we all already know, but this past year (and beyond) she could have utilised her constant social media presence and done her own daily lives, on ig for example or even patron, but thinking fb or ig, no announcements, just crack on and appear, she could have had a whole year of practicing presenting in front of a camera, people may or not have tuned in but shhe could have really honed / learned her skills, raised her profile for upcoming publication and stayed present, much in the same way Russel brand does with his regular podcasts.
She could have even pre recorded and put them on her stories. She has missed so many tricks and has absolutely no right now to be snarky, bitter or to feel overlooked.
If you want something you go out and get it. She's not the darling pov queen of the chattering classes anymore, they won't be seeking her out.
When would she find time to do these daily lives on Instagram or Facebook? She works 100 hours a week already, don't you know 🙃

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 43
Wasn't me, since I'm no longer an unemployed frau, and was working (or sleeping, depending on my upside downess) A large part (it's a linens shop) is folding towels, which makes me laugh a bit as that's also on Jack's job list. The number of folding techniques alone make me think that's why she didn't stay in that job very long 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 49
She just has no joy in her does she? When this campaign rockets she’ll still be sour about it , when if she truly believes in getting help for people who need to eat well and cook well for themselves and their families she would at least bloody retweet or congratulate?
I could almost feel sorry for her (almost). It must be soul destroying working on a project year in, year out, and someone coming along taking all the glory.

However, I don't feel sorry for her, because she has been working on this project year in, year out, and she is rubbish at it. She has managed to wring as much money and personal exposure out of this as it was possible for a talentless wannabe. After almost 10 years we are in a worse position than ever, her years of "campaigning" and "teaching people recipes" have been totally unsuccessful.

Jack, take a hint, if you are no good at something, go do something else.

• Heart
Reactions: 66
She totally fucked up imo not giving the Full Time Meals thing a 👍whether her squiggle defenders or (🧦🧦🧦)take your pick your honour ,think she invented cheap cooking ,a lot of brands etc will jump on this train Sainos,Asda,Waitrose and Ocado are already behind it and more will undoubtedly follow along with those famous faces who will lend a hand .
It seems more brands, chains and names are associating themselves as clearly the right thing to do (regardless of how as a society we've gotten to this point) is to facilitate and educate without judgement. The basis of the project is to just get kids fed, without ego or fanfare.

The FullTime Meals initiative has the potential to become the 'Captain Tom' of 2021 as unless you really are a massive bastard surely everyone is anti-child poverty? Last year supporting an old man doing his bit to help an underfunded NHS in a global pandemic brought the country together and it had a knock-on effect that inspired others to do similar.

Imagine publicly stating your pronouns are 'getting people fed' then not saying a bleeping word in support of an initiative that has the potential to make this a reality?
This much protected 'Body Of Work' really is just a notebook with "ME. JACK MONROE. BY JACK MONROE" scrawled on the front and filled with blank pages.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 86
Not so much body of work as piece of work.

Anyway Twitterers are not me, I have no Twitter account for professionaly purposes (I know, Jack! Some professions prefer you don’t fart every thought in your brain out on SM because PROFESSIONAL!)

• Haha
Reactions: 40
Was it kompromat? We've had a few, to be fair, might start keeping a log.
Yes! I knew it started with kom, but it's been driving me crazy trying to remember the word. Thank(space)you!

Could be people reading but not a maven?
I reckon so. We have a LOT of lurkers, and particularly people who've had a run-in with Jack - during BLM, McCartneygate, or whatever else - will google and end up reading here!

(Newcomers, please join us if you want. Don't worry, there are no slop-based initiation rituals)

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 64
We don’t want her here either 😭 Ship her off to the moon or something!
Noooo! I like the moon, can't have her marauding around on it! How about the North pole?

I'm surprised she still hasn't shared a thing re fulltime meals, even though it'd be with gritted teeth and she wouldn't be happy about doing it. She's really showing herself up. If you genuinely cared about poverty issues, you'd spread the word about any initiatives that looked to make positive change. She's selfish to the core and this has demonstrated that fact very well indeed.

Good morning you faceless bastards ☺

• Heart
Reactions: 51
Oi oi!
im
A Seasider (Southend Football support and dweller)
Can’t they be corralled somewhere else... like, I dunno... the island Hannibal Lecture was gunna have a holiday on if he helped the senators daughter??
22AE467A-CE0D-4665-93CC-78C6D90A6378.jpeg

“toughens your ‘granola’ doesn’t it.”

• Haha
Reactions: 29
Noooo! I like the moon, can't have her marauding around on it! How about the North pole?

I'm surprised she still hasn't shared a thing re fulltime meals, even though it'd be with gritted teeth and she wouldn't be happy about doing it. She's really showing herself up. If you genuinely cared about poverty issues, you'd spread the word about any initiatives that looked to make positive change. She's selfish to the core and this has demonstrated that fact very well indeed.

The polar bears are having enough issues without putting Jack near them! Maybe just pop her in a spaceship and let her fly around not bothering anyone 😂

I’m surprised too. She’ll probably share some long winded tweet/article about it later 🙄

• Haha
Reactions: 33
The polar bears are having enough issues without putting Jack near them! Maybe just pop her in a spaceship and let her fly around not bothering anyone 😂

I’m surprised too. She’ll probably share some long winded tweet/article about it later 🙄
I was just about to say, think of the poor polar bears :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
I could almost feel sorry for her (almost). It must be soul destroying working on a project year in, year out, and someone coming along taking all the glory.

However, I don't feel sorry for her, because she has been working on this project year in, year out, and she is rubbish at it. She has managed to wring as much money and personal exposure out of this as it was possible for a talentless wannabe. After almost 10 years we are in a worse position than ever, her years of "campaigning" and "teaching people recipes" have been totally unsuccessful.

Jack, take a hint, if you are no good at something, go do something else.
I would agree if she’d actually “worked”.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 30

If she genuinely was part of this initiative she would be shouting it from the rooftops. It will be a successful campaign, and one that will run and run. She could have had been a part of something big, something truly inspirational, if she had a better attitude and work ethic.

She doesn't understand the bigger picture, does she? Sometimes by doing something that is altruistic it leads to other things. Despite her protestations, and stating how much she does for free, she only does something that benefits her directly.

• Heart
Reactions: 59
Long time lurker popping up to say hello 👋 Been reading since last year; I knew of jack Monroe and actually came to tattle to read about another influencer and saw her threads and wanted a read. It was about the time of her kicking off about THAT MAN and starting DKL and I couldn’t believe how she was acting and started reading her threads. You bunch of ninnies have kept me hooting and fizzing all year! I’m going to go for a piss and a sandwich now, but will be reading and commenting on these threads as they continue!

ETA: 🥕

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 107
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.