Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Veronicaaa

VIP Member
Her follower numbers have been rapidly increasing for the last 12 hours or so, something weird's going on.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 62

Saint_clemmie

VIP Member
In all seriousness, I don't know how she had the balls to do DKL after the THAT MAN chaos, how shameful to face all those chefs and people in the industry, knowing they know. I don't even know how she can be a public person after the David Cameron comments that I won't repeat, I would die of shame. And there are so many examples of this behaviour. To blatantly lie and say that her hat was in the ring for Carry on cooking, the show that was CREATED by Jamie Oliver, it would haunt me for life.

• Heart

LennyBriscoe

VIP Member
It's after Bill Wilson, the founder of AA. It's meant to be a code for people in AA - like, 'oh, hello, are you a friend of Bill?"
We went on a cruise for our honeymoon with an American company and they had onboard meetings under the title “Friends of Bill” and for NA it was “Friends of Jimmy”. If you knew you knew if you didn’t it was inconspicuous

• Heart
Sounds as if the 52 weeks of content from MR x TK has been planned out pretty solidly doesn’t it. How sad that “literally my life’s work” is only of interest to about 330 Patreons and cruel food bank tories buying copies to patronise people struggling with suggested slop.

• Heart
  • Sad

Professor Slop

From the No1 living kombucha can website 🧐
Screenshot 2021-04-23 230729.png

I mean I know it says they are categorised as non-alcoholic, but surely an alchoholic who can't trust themselves around alcohol (as in asking for drinks to be removed) should be avoiding this? Or am I going to extremes about it?

ETA: I'm assuming this is why she's turned the cans around, to stop questions about alcohol and kombucha.

• Haha
  • Wow
Why though 🤷🏻‍♀️ I thought his star had waned somewhat. Aside from what Jack hinted about him, he’s always given me the creeps. I’m wary of his motives.
There’s a weird mix of celebs in this. It sounds as if it’s meant to be targeted at kids / gen z to get them into cooking - do children know or care who Ferne Cotton is? Russell Brand?

By no means criticising it but those names struck me as a bit odd tbh. Maybe there will be some more targeted at the parents, but even then having FC telling you to be happy and smile whilst she’s married to the son of a rolling stone so eternally minted is a bit of a toughie isn’t it 😬

• Haha

Flumps

VIP Member
Aww, I'm sorry, I'm an old softy and I can't bring myself to pick on 20 year old Jack's emosh writing. When I was 20 I had ALL THE FEELINGS too and wrote a lot of lyrics that I am incredibly relieved are not held in perpetuity anywhere.

• Heart
  • Haha

PoorPatrol

VIP Member
I’ve just realised. That’s not a minibar fridge. It’s the inside door of a full size Smeg fridge freezer. She’s making the whole fucking thing up. Groundbreaking.

• Haha
  • Wow

Tabitha D

VIP Member
IMHO I think it was two things with DKL that made her tricky, based on what I know of her.

1. I think Jack LOVED the idea of people bringing her things and being 'the talent'. I worked with a presenter in the early part of last year before lockdown and before we were due to film heard she was quite demanding. She may have been but I didn't see that. When I got on set she was totally professional, very charming with me, read her autocue with ease (even though she had never done TV before) and took direction well. The difference, this woman was GOOD at her job. So even though she may have been sucking up to me, the series producer and others and acting like an entitled cow to the other production staff, she was largely thought well of.

I imagine Jack acted pretty entitled and was also not that great at taking direction or reading an autocue, so the pain of working with her wasn't even 'worth it' for the team.

Personally I cannot stand people who act as though the production team are there to serve them and try and butter up 'the creatives'. I came up in TV through production and it really grates my mushrooms.

2. I don't do live TV so can't comment on the sniping between Jack and Matt (plus I haven't watched DKL and don't really want to) but I've had rushes through before where I've thought 'eeeesh that was a bit sharp/they did not like answering that question' and sometimes you have to cut around it because it's sorta obvious. But those instances are few are far between because normally production will have thought about chemistry etc or worked with the person prior. I get the sense that Jack was a wild card that did not pay off for a casting producer. They would have gotten it in the neck. I would have!
I would LOVE to know what went on behind the scenes at DKL.
I imagine she must have made everyone’s lives really difficult on that show, whether due to her lack of professionalism, her personality, or a mix of both. She will have created a lot of extra work for everyone and will have been a bit of an energy vampire. It also seems highly likely that Jack’s reputation for being “difficult” (in her own words) originated with this.
Also, it’s clear there were high hopes that DKL would be re-commissioned if things went well. That obviously didn’t happen, and Jack probably played a significant role in that. So Cactus TV may blame her for them losing work. (That would certainly be serious enough to explain the apparent blacklisting). Whereas Saturday Kitchen is light and breezy, DKL had a tense, negative atmosphere and was quite difficult to watch.
The fact that there is no trace of this show on Cactus TV’s website speaks volumes.

• Heart

Switchstreetz

VIP Member
Will she rename her sock twitter to "peeky manc" 👀

Will she make slop in the "hotel"

Is it real? Is it fake? Could the Smeg be a lie? (Could the Smeg be ALIVE?)

I don't know but I'm living for all the fridge truthing and sleuthing

• Haha
Reactions: 61

LennyBriscoe

VIP Member
There have been some truly egregious examples of her copying things from Tattle. What was that Russian word someone here used last year, that Jack chirped up with days later? That has to be top of the list.
I commented that the pubs in Scotland were open all day (at that time) but there hadn’t been a face to face AA meeting in months and she said it almost verbatim shortly after

• Wow
  • Heart

Orphan_Black

VIP Member
Isn't "vibe" one of my words? I seem to remember using it fairly frequently here over the past week or so. @Orphan_Black I really do get why you were spooked yesterday, but don't be, she hasn't an original thought in her head. She is like a plant absorbing nutrients by osmosis, she absorbs her words, expressions, her persona from here (and other places I am sure).
Awh thank you. If it were anyone else I'd feel bad for them, but Jack is a twat, so I don't! (Hope you're feeling good today too)
Hope you are feeling better today.❤
I woke up this morning thinking about you, and the impact Jack's behaviour has on people.
Which ultimately is why we all found here. Not because we are bullying ninnies but because something felt a bit off, nothing added up and how may of us thought "it must be me" , indeed how many still think that sometimes, or question whether or not we are being unfair etc.

It isn't and we are not.

Anything said on here pales into insignificance with the spite and bile that is her everyday existence.
I am thank you! I fell down a little rabbit hole for a hot five minutes, I think the most distressing part was a 'voice' in my head was telling me I was actually Jack Monroe and I was telling them I don't wanna be Jack Monroe hahahaha. Honestly, having others saying they get it too was the key to pulling me back out.

Enough me-railing, lets get on with weekend chaos!!! Happy Friday, yo!♥

I commented that the pubs in Scotland were open all day (at that time) but there hadn’t been a face to face AA meeting in months and she said it almost verbatim shortly after
Someone mentioned 12 people in Bill's friend group yesterday, today Jack mentions a dozen people....

• Heart
  • Wow

MancBee

VIP Member
The MR and TK stuff is going to be every month, and I suspect it will be mentioned in the media each and ever month. This will be a recurring issue for her.

• Haha

colouredlines

VIP Member
TBH I feel like that book should have been a mix of:

* recipes that involve very little effort but are more nutritious than, say, cheese on toast

* batch cooking freezer ideas with a blurb about how you can make on your good days and keep them for when things go south

* very simple desserts that will hit the spot when you need comfort food (microwave puddings and the like)

I can probably think of a dozen recipes for each category off the top of my head. None involve making soup from soup, or turning perfectly good ice cream into a manky attempt at cake.

• Heart