Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Emmapism

VIP Member
In my experience it only spills from a backstage dislike to a public dislike where the talent is both A Right Massive PITA arsehole and Not That Big A Name. @Emmapism might have a view, if that’s still the case? ETA my experience is years out of date
IMHO I think it was two things with DKL that made her tricky, based on what I know of her.

1. I think Jack LOVED the idea of people bringing her things and being 'the talent'. I worked with a presenter in the early part of last year before lockdown and before we were due to film heard she was quite demanding. She may have been but I didn't see that. When I got on set she was totally professional, very charming with me, read her autocue with ease (even though she had never done TV before) and took direction well. The difference, this woman was GOOD at her job. So even though she may have been sucking up to me, the series producer and others and acting like an entitled cow to the other production staff, she was largely thought well of.

I imagine Jack acted pretty entitled and was also not that great at taking direction or reading an autocue, so the pain of working with her wasn't even 'worth it' for the team.

Personally I cannot stand people who act as though the production team are there to serve them and try and butter up 'the creatives'. I came up in TV through production and it really grates my mushrooms.

2. I don't do live TV so can't comment on the sniping between Jack and Matt (plus I haven't watched DKL and don't really want to) but I've had rushes through before where I've thought 'eeeesh that was a bit sharp/they did not like answering that question' and sometimes you have to cut around it because it's sorta obvious. But those instances are few are far between because normally production will have thought about chemistry etc or worked with the person prior. I get the sense that Jack was a wild card that did not pay off for a casting producer. They would have gotten it in the neck. I would have!

• Heart
Reactions: 67

Nottonightbabe

VIP Member
I think she'll try and do something to flip the attention back onto her. Whether that's through a chaos, breadcrumbing about being unwell, or a paid 'my treatment' piece in the Guardian...

Ps: for @Harrybosch

6bf31aebc831e36655b1408dda8527f4.jpg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 67

Harrybosch

VIP Member
This! I was wondering who was crossing over? It reads like what is said here. Naughty, naughty!

By acting all snarky, she’s encouraging her flying monkeys to question why she isn’t involved. She’s neither confirming nor denying and she knows people will get all up in their high horses on her behalf, so she’s sitting back to see if she’ll get the call she wants. When people question her, she hasn’t really said anything either way so it’s their fault for deducing however they have.
It wasn't me, your honour. I was too busy rewatching old episodes of HIGNFY.

Just popping in to say that last night this thread was particularly hilarious. The 'working behind the scenes' meme/gif/? made me do a scream.

The GQ article is something else. So much shade. Love it.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 66

MancBee

VIP Member
She just has no joy in her does she? When this campaign rockets she’ll still be sour about it , when if she truly believes in getting help for people who need to eat well and cook well for themselves and their families she would at least bloody retweet or congratulate?
I could almost feel sorry for her (almost). It must be soul destroying working on a project year in, year out, and someone coming along taking all the glory.

However, I don't feel sorry for her, because she has been working on this project year in, year out, and she is rubbish at it. She has managed to wring as much money and personal exposure out of this as it was possible for a talentless wannabe. After almost 10 years we are in a worse position than ever, her years of "campaigning" and "teaching people recipes" have been totally unsuccessful.

Jack, take a hint, if you are no good at something, go do something else.

• Heart

Jelly Bean

VIP Member
nope. Not a (LM) sausage.
What can she say that will make any sense at all now? She would've been better to ages ago retweet it and simply say 'Congratulations to Marcus and Tom on this amazing initiative. Please give it your full support'.
That was all it required. But no - her ego wouldn't allow it.
Instead we have this rather odd and inappropriate diversion.

• Sad

moosesauna

Chatty Member
She's hidden the branded kombucha cans because they're in direct competition with her own kombucha products. One day she'll unclasp the recipe for whiskey-bucha from her bosom and release it into the wild. In her absence the sixteen SCOBYs in the fridge have probably evolved a method of locomotion by now and have formed a symbiotic relationship with the sentient mirror.
It's probably to make them blend with the booze, to make it seem even more shocking!

Also.... remembered that NotJack wrote about staying at a Marriott hotel 3 weeks ago, and found out that one in Manchester has a fridge in some rooms?? Am I going nuts or is this crumb dropping - I genuinely can't tell at this point :O

• Wow
  • Haha

MancBee

VIP Member
hotel mini bar!

#frugalmama #jackshacks #nospendyear #foreverhydrangea
I have NEVER had anything out of an hotel minibar. Not even when I could afford it, they are a rip off.

If this is complimentary, she is not in some budget hotel.

• Heart
Has she forgotten the long suffering single mum part of her #brand? Who doesn’t get a second off of caring for her preteen child, not a spare minute for loading the washing machine and flinging out maize snacks? Bizarre behaviour.

(& not misogynistic I know most often dads are the non resident parents so cautious of “criticising” her for this but when she uses it to garner sympathy and patreons it’s all a bit sick isn’t it)

• Heart
Reactions: 65

Hollaaa

VIP Member
Will she rename her sock twitter to "peeky manc" 👀

Will she make slop in the "hotel"

Is it real? Is it fake? Could the Smeg be a lie? (Could the Smeg be ALIVE?)

I don't know but I'm living for all the fridge truthing and sleuthing
I know I've already done one but Jack Monroe: Peeky Manc makes for an excellent thread title nomination.

• Haha
  • Heart

DinosaurSenior

VIP Member
Pics or it didn’t happen (am trying to distract MancBee from the unfolding horror in his postcode)
IMG_20210423_210211_7.jpg

Sorry mancbee.... I don't imagine these undergarments will make you feel any better
Eta.....offending interloping pants are now spoilered. I need a bath in cillit bang

Last edited:
  • Sick
  • Haha
  • Wow

DisgruntledGoat

VIP Member
I absolutely loathe her and think she’s a ridiculous incompetent who brings 90% of her problems upon herself but... if I was her and read that shade in GQ directed at my recipes, and the obvious relief that Marcus felt at the whole incident being in the past when I’d taken time to fawn over how handsome and lovely he was on Twitter, even posting a sad little photo of my work planner with “call Marcus 📞”... I’d crawl under the duvet and just never surface again. Farewell cruel world.

Maybe she was late with her submission, or it needed loads of editing work. Maybe she was a cock to the dinner ladies, or the kids, or one of the admin staff at Conde Nast who sorted her travel. It was probably deserved, knowing what a massive entitled tory she is. But still, ouch.

• Sad
  • Wow

MancBee

VIP Member
What gets me about the ‘friends of Bill’ tweets from last night is that, if Jack is asking all this for a friend (presumably someone they’ve met within their treatment) and the friend has agreed, Jack is going into this space still with that ‘I’m famous, let me sort it for you’ mentality.
I thought it was about checking those labels and trappings at the door. Thinking if Jack wants to make a go of this treatment, they need to step away from social media.
She is just throwing out hints. She has never confirmed that she is in rehab, or has cancer, it is all so vague. It will be so she can weaponise our comments in the future. She will accuse us of making up stories that she had relapsed and that we have ruined her career.

She may even be trying to build a case of deformation against us. I won't give her any ammunition. She has never been shy at throwing out details before, why not now?

It is for this reason that I think she is playing us like a banjo.

Switchstreetz

VIP Member
Sorry @MancBee and the rest of the Manchester community, I didn't mean to give you nightmares. 😢 Xx
I'm just picturing our mancbee on a relaxing stroll when he spots a moving van turn up on his street.

Upon the driver opening the back of the van a heap of cutlery spills out, and the unmistakable silhouette of 13 Cotswolds sideboards is visible at the back behind the piles of hoarded A4 binders.

"Hello!" says a nasally voice behind him
"I'm Jack Monroe! Activist, cook, and your new neighbour! You have got room out front for the communal skip, yeah?"

• Haha
  • Wow

Veronicaaa

VIP Member
If I was Marcus Rashford I would have muted her after this old tweet from the FSM thing (I’m amazed it’s still there!). He probably doesn’t even know she is harping on.

View attachment 542643
This is it, imagine her partnering with Rashford (or anyone for the matter) and undoing loads of hard work with one of her ill-considered, borderline libellous 'fugue state' style tweets. The only thing she's good for is as a cautionary tale of how *not* to conduct yourself on twitter.

• Heart
Reactions: 64