Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

bowiethesdmn

VIP Member
I really think it's gonna be diminishing returns for Jack from now on, everyone's seen her attempts at PR, she's a liability to any brand that values its relationship with its customers, and I can't see people wanting to submit their experiences to her much longer given how she reacts depending on her mood/phase of the moon/blue tick status of person involved.

• Heart
Reactions: 59

Nottonightbabe

VIP Member
The official channels exist on the official site hun. Anyone with a brain would know not to put a vulnerable woman in touch with unverified strangers off Twitter but the longer these threads continue the more we realise Jack is possibly the thickest person in the universe.
Thickest person in the universe or - she's lying. I hope it's the latter to be honest. One minute she's complaining that Twitter is a hellscape full of evil people, the next it's full of community spirit and kind, genuine people. So which is it? 🤷 Either way, conducting some sort of Twitter match making for someone in need of a support network seems very ill advised. 🙁

• Sad
  • Wow

colouredlines

VIP Member
Also a lot of the hotel minibars have been emptied during covid times. When I stayed in a decent hotel in st Andrews 🔺(on holiday!) During that brief lull last summer our mini fridges were empty. Usually I stay at premier inns though so doesn't often come up.
I stayed in a hotel last year and they had sealed the minibar fridge up with bright red WARNING tape. It was quite off-putting, made it seem like the fridge was full of covid or Jack Monroe food or some other biohazard.

• Haha
  • Heart

MancBee

VIP Member
Noooo! I like the moon, can't have her marauding around on it! How about the North pole?

I'm surprised she still hasn't shared a thing re fulltime meals, even though it'd be with gritted teeth and she wouldn't be happy about doing it. She's really showing herself up. If you genuinely cared about poverty issues, you'd spread the word about any initiatives that looked to make positive change. She's selfish to the core and this has demonstrated that fact very well indeed.

Good morning you faceless bastards ☺
If she genuinely was part of this initiative she would be shouting it from the rooftops. It will be a successful campaign, and one that will run and run. She could have had been a part of something big, something truly inspirational, if she had a better attitude and work ethic.

She doesn't understand the bigger picture, does she? Sometimes by doing something that is altruistic it leads to other things. Despite her protestations, and stating how much she does for free, she only does something that benefits her directly.

• Heart

PoorPatrol

VIP Member
I mean if they are complimentary, am I the only one who'd be on my 6th Kombucha of the night after mainlining 5 Yakults?
Honestly. You don’t even wanna know how much of everything I guzzled like a goblin, the last time we stayed at a place with ‘afternoon snacks’ included in the room rate. Think of eating anchoiade in bed, then hoofing a loaf of white bread.... but with teeny tiny sandwiches and random things like marshmallows and dried apricots, in a fancy lounge full of businessmen who probably didn’t pay, so don’t care.

Me: “I should probably eat a handful of Brazil nuts, followed by some tasteless crackers, get our money’s worth!”. My husband pretty much carried on like he didn’t know me 🤦‍♀️

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 58

FlashBoof

VIP Member
I am a little more sceptical about the idea she is heading up to Manchester. Mainly because she will crap herself at being any further that London away from Southend.

It’s far more likely, in my opinion, that she has made a fast friend in her recent therapy sessions and that person has not had opportunity to appreciate Jack in all her glory. The bunch of tweets are cringeworthy, incredibly inappropriate, but also serve to detract and distract from today’s complete blanking of her mate Marcus and his defection.

SarcasticEllis

VIP Member
Guessing if it wasn’t Rufus Hound but just a random, they’d be going through them with a properly shitty reply.
That aside, the replies from that person on Twitter are just horrible. And sadly play into the ‘bullies’ narrative. Wish they’d just stay off Twitter - this attention seeking behaviour is not going to help.

B4FDB62E-FA5B-4A83-8654-5FD1EC0CC7AF.jpeg

• Wow
  • Sad

MancBee

VIP Member
Not even one solitary, single like in four hours out of her 339.2 k followers 🤭View attachment 541823
So, she asked is there an ideal deadline to comment, or can she finish her treatment she started at 9am?

Well, I assume she had finished treatment for the day, and she has tweeted other shite, so I would say the ideal deadline has passed.

Hey Jack, where's the shout out for Marcus and Tom?

• Haha
  • Heart

Ladderedtights

Wasn’t me Hastings, although I’m slightly proud there’s another ragin’ Bajan Scot out there. I’ve been busy wondering why when my dentist gave me an appointment at 2.30 it took me FAR too long to get the joke...am I losing my sense of humour!?
Off to floss...

• Haha
  • Heart

Orphan_Black

VIP Member
I found some Jack poetry from 2009. OH. MY. DAYS.

I wish I had an answer for this sickness
That’s growing in my soul
Or at the very least a name 'coz it frustrates me that I can't tell you what it is
No I'm lost for words for once
You used to fill so much of me right up you see me now there's just a hole
And I cant walk straight for all the brandy, yeah don't lecture me, it's just gone 10am
And my heads stuck in my Blackberry

They're all creepy obsessed ex shit, fucking hell fraus, I am hooting at these!!!

• Haha
  • Wow

Kittypops

VIP Member
A north of Southend friend of Bill here 🔺

If it's AA, she'll be no stranger to The Serenity Prayer, you say it after each meeting and (depending on the individual), you carry it about on a special coin you are given.

A cornerstone of the prayer is "to accept the things I cannot change" - criticism/constructive feedback from strangers on the internet would fall comfortably into that category. M'lud.

Attachments

• Heart

FlashBoof

VIP Member
I know HotelGate has been a fun distraction but I am still astonished she hasn’t mentioned Marcus and Tom. Giving their first shopping list and video a welcome boost to hundreds of thousands of potential people is not to be forgotten. Especially if she IS somehow involved (although after reading that stinging GQ article, I have even more doubt about that).

I add my voice to the idiot troll tweets being firmly banished forthwith - I have also reported them. Jack - you are an absolute melt with your cringeworthy and dishonest behaviour. Your poverty and illness cosplaying is reprehensible. I am still half convinced the alcoholism is exaggerated for sympathy and clicks. It certainly doesn’t mean I would ever try to actively distress you or add to your clear problems.

• Heart

Oxford_Girl

Chatty Member
I'm not sure about her not being unpleasant to work with, her behaviour on twitter with things like the whole THAT MAN issue don't exactly make her seem reasonable/nice imo. And this is beside the fact that she is totally incompetant, remember on DKL it was left to every other person to basically carry the show because of her lack of ability
Also on DKL she was snarky at times to Matt although he was no angel mentioning Jamie Oliver when she was shaking up a salad dressing in a jam jar. Prior to DKL I’d not watched SKL looking back k at DKL now I think Matt really disliked working with her hence maybe the breakdown she had afterwards and would explain why she has never been invited back on

I suspect at the time she thought she’d be the next big TV cook but then reality hit or maybe it was solely LJC leaving

• Sad

DinosaurSenior

VIP Member
I wonder if she fancied herself as famous singer songwriter? Like Lisa Loeb.

Frauen, tell me what this means:.
I have just opened up a large parcel of art materials that I ordered.

Inside the parcel tho...there was a large pair of men's French Connection pants. Wtf. I have not checked to see if they are...worn.

• Wow
  • Haha

Malkiavelli

Chatty Member
It’s hard not to relate it to ones own career - so I’ve been doing the same job for nearly 25 years, and still feel as though I have a shit loads to learn. Will never, really, attain anything close to complete and comprehensive knowledge. Anyway, if we had an apprentice in on a two week placement and after them two weeks this apprentice was posting on SM that “it was quite the ride, they have learned a lot etc etc” and then considered themselves some sort of expert in the field, I’d think them a fool. This is what Monroe does, she proclaims herself an expert on so many subjects yet in none of them has she actually put in any actual hard graft, it’s all just hot air and background noise whilst the real professionals are busy running restaurants, creating exceptional recipes just for the joy of it, effecting genuine change in society or just presenting for the sake of presenting and with a goal to learn and be skilful at the craft week in week out, for years on end and without fan fair...

• Heart

MancBee

VIP Member
So you DON'T want to sidle up to them in the fruit and veg aisle and softly, gently tell them you are a huge fan of their work? Shocked I am, SHOCKED.
No, I really don't.

Off to bed, to paraphrase crimewatch "Hope I don't have nightmares"

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 57

Captainmouse

VIP Member
There's a few tweets today from organisations who are attempting to give away loads of copies of Good Food for Bad Days 😂. It includes this one ...View attachment 542690

.... which takes you to a facebook video of a lady doing two of the recipes from it. The first one is a tomato soup one, and the ingredients are tinned tomatoes, sundried tomatoes, and .... a tin of tomato soup. So she's written a recipe for tomato soup whose main ingredient is tinned tomato soup. The second recipe is for ice cream cake. You mix melted ice cream with flour and baking power and then stick it in the oven. I'd be almost tempted to try this (just to see how bad it is) except for the fact that it seems like a huge waste of a tub of ice cream.
How can a tin of soup be a recipe for soup 🤪 she’s a total fraud, her publisher should be ashamed.🤬

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 57