Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

Carmina-Piranha

Chatty Member
I’m only partway through the thread (major grunka-ing) but this all makes me think that Jack Monroe is a persona more than a real name.
Their dodgy poems when they was already a mum looking at the profile pic were under “Mel”
Makes it seem like Jack started off as a pseudonym of sorts for the poverty writing?
Probably wanted to be the next Billy Bragg...just speculation mind. Morning all 🌸🌷🌸

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 23

Shawads

VIP Member
When would she find time to do these daily lives on Instagram or Facebook? She works 100 hours a week already, don't you know 🙃
True dis. Sorry Jack mate, no disrespect meant. We're all fighting for the same cause 😉

• Haha

Vanelope

VIP Member
There’s no way to write this without sounding like a complete and utter bitch, but don’t think it’s anything she does, I think she’s just bad at it.

She has no presence, she gets anxious, she sounds like she’s going to burst into tears and she fairly obviously doesn’t actually enjoy it. I don’t think the difficult to work with was about her personality, the billy big bollocks act is just for Twitter, I think it’s that she’s a liability live and recording you probably have do 20+ takes to get to acceptable never mind decent.

And I genuinely don’t think she can help any of it. It’s not some sort of maverick pixie ASD act, it’s just not her thing and that’s not her fault.

But the fact she continues pursuing it, searching it out, accepting a lot of money for it, that bit is entirely her fault.
Don’t make me feel sorry for her. Please! She could have gone and found something that doesn’t make her anxious as a job. It’s not nice to see anyone struggling but then Captain Snark comes out on Twitter and I’m out.

Ken Wood have a mini food processor/chopper which is very good.
I have that one. It’s a delia recommendation.

• Heart

Lanie

VIP Member
If, and a big if, she is then that means the whole thing was premeditated by Jack for Twitter engagement. Calling the hotel asking for any alcohol to be removed from the minibar is absolutely a great move for her and as a recovering alcoholic something you’d expect from her.
What is odd about it is that if you can request for it to be filled with whatever, then she’s called and asked for it to be filled with Kombucha, a half drank glass bottle and a carafe of water - would you expect from a hotel that MR frequents there would be a carafe in the fridge? I have never seen a hotel that doesn’t supply bottled water as part of its offering.

If she is, she’s premeditated the whole thing and told the hotel to fill it with this stuff, in return for a tweet about it. There is no way in hell a hotel would put a product that contains alcohol in a recovering alcoholics room without prior instruction. But I still don’t believe she’s there or it happened - the fact she won’t say the name of the hotel despite giving away every minute detail of her whereabouts makes me skeptical. Why not tweet the hotel?
I know I am wildly speculating. Imagine her in a hotel with all the Manchester utd lads.

She wouldn't know what to do with herself.

Plus she's probably enjoying all the attention we are giving speculating, it would be shame to disappoint her.

• Haha

Captainmouse

VIP Member
She can't be in treatment for alcoholism, that's what Sponsorbot is for. Also can only drink half of a can of energy drink (40-90mg caffeine for half) but has no trouble drinking a mug of coffee (~90mg) or ~385mg caffeine from 3.5l of tea over the course of a day. K. I also don't care where she is although I do believe she is in a hotel of some description (sorry fridge truthers). I would however like to know what the parsley is for.

@Captainmouse straight edge is a movement originating from the '80s hardcore punk scene - no alcohol, no smoking, no drugs. Sometimes includes abstinence from animal products and promiscuous sex. Reddit is a site for idiots to post about stupid things to win internet points from other idiots who also post on there.
Thank(space)you 😊

• Heart
Reactions: 22

Orphan_Black

VIP Member
Virtual high five to Jilly Luke, you Early Adopter Beatrix Potter Cosy Pov Truther.
She wasn't being snarky in the original article that caused the pile on. Shows the level of sense and logic in Jack and her squiggle army minds. Idiots.

Has the rained on grammar school article deleted off her blog now? It was def there a few weeks ago (with the new anodyne title lol!). If it's been deleted now, it's more proof Jack reads here as we were discussing it a couple of weeks back and I was able to link it (I only remember because I put a trigger warning on it due to the content)

• Wow

HotesTilaire

VIP Member
Sorry to interrupt what could be the beginning of a chaos, (Jack in a hotel is going full Partridge!), but I need to tell you all about my dream.

Remember the never-ending rag rug of nightmares? I dreamed that it was eligible to vote. And then wrote here (as a very serious comment) something like “yeah I bet even the rug voted properly in the Brexit referendum”.
That’s what she should wear with the trousers!!!!

• Haha

Shawads

VIP Member
I know talking about someone's sexuality is a tad frowned upon, yet I have to say I think Jack is bisexual (been thinking this for a while). Nothing wrong with being bi, I consider myself bi for the record. Jack wants to fit into a clique, she wants it so badly, and the whole coming out at pride thing is great, but I think it's only half her story and was done to get Jack into a niche.

She's had relationships with men, conceived a child, lusts over men openly, she was flirting all over the shop on DKL with male guests more than female ones, and I'm calling bi (but ashamed for some reason) Love is love Jack! It's the LGBTQ community. If you like either or, that's ok!!!

Just personal opinion on evidence provided, m'lud.
Hard agree here.

HotesTilaire

VIP Member
I simply HAD to Google david platt as I knew it would bother me. Jack p shepherd. It then got me thinking about Bryan tilsley, was that his dad? Any way, Chris quentin irl. I like to think of Jack out on the town with those faces of Manchester, Jack p nd Chris q, her in her snazzy cords and them in their blinding white shirts, arms linked and all beaming, a bit like morecambe and wise singing bring me sunshine, some tap dancing and all baes for days. Living la vida loca, the high life.
Probably bump into Dean gaffney at some stage in the evening. All kombucha'd right up. Parsley flowing. Tongues loosened, the air thick with showbiz stories, media darlings of The North West.
The Press Club 🤣🤣🤣🤣

• Haha