Jack Monroe #182 Extraneous brine

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It’s brilliant how the last few people to call her out & make actual change have been proper legit profiles. Vegan squiggle, go Henry mum, ICO squiggle, now sainos truther. All normal people with active profiles showcasing normal lives - friends they @ and chat with, normal politics, long standing profiles (made in 2009!), just all round normal people. They’re all savvy to her but she can’t pull the cheap and easy troll card. Beautiful.
I hard agree that they should respond with why they are not naming her because if she is it's it fair, even the floor sweepers get mentioned in blockbuster films.

• Haha
Reactions: 32
The thing is... he does when compared to Mx Range Rover! He grew up in a single parent family cooking for his siblings when his Mum was at work.
Not wanting to 🔺 myself here, but a few of my ex neighbours lived in the same area as TK and met him out and about a few times. He’s apparently a really nice bloke - the chatty, friendly persona he portrays isn’t just for the cameras.

The squigs (lol. Auto 🥕 corrects that to ‘squits’ every time) are getting all a bit ‘That Man’ again, aren’t they? Urgh.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 54
Idk why cringe bot wants to make his presence here known. I’d be mortified if I was secretly hanging out with a cabal of “middle aged menopausal women” some of whom are willing to shag Ian Hislop or crusty old Steptoe, yet we are in universal agreement that you are not serving us any 🔥sexual energy🔥
I’m not a middle aged hormonal woman, though Mrs. B has suggested (in her inimitable gentle way, of course 😂), that I may well be going through the ‘manopause’

offtopic, I’ve never been part of a group of people who are so honest, kind and inclusive. Thank(space)you x

• Heart
Reactions: 68
I’m not a middle aged hormonal woman, though Mrs. B has suggested (in her inimitable gentle way, of course 😂), that I may well be going through the ‘manopause’

offtopic, I’ve never been part of a group of people who are so honest, kind and inclusive. Thank(space)you x
Tell her it’s the andropause

• Haha
Reactions: 28
Do... do these squiggles think Jack INVENTED cooking cheap and healthy meals? Like if anyone from now until the end of time comes up with a recipe for something that's cheap and nutritious, that's somehow getting into Jack's niche? I guess those women who fed their huge families during rationing were just sitting around scratching their heads until Mx Jack, saviour of the povos came along.

I think this new campaign shows a much better understanding of poverty and what people want to eat. If I were feeding my family on a very low budget, I'd rather serve fish finger sandwiches than bloody chickpea peach slop surprise. Because guess what kids are actually going to eat? Guess what you'll want to eat after a 12-hour minimum wage shift when you've been on your feet all day? Hint, it's not the dish that looks like something off that Dr Pimple Popper show.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 70
Morning Fraus.

Whatever happened to Jack going into politics?
As I've said, I do suspect Jack had / has a genuine desire to get into politics, but either decided or was told that it really wouldn't do their mental health any good.

I do also wonder if there was a realisation that people tend to like to trawl through politicians pasts to find dodginess, and they didn't want calling out for past instances of lying being "economical with the actualité"¹

¹To quote Alan Clark, who was a politician who was very dodgy indeed.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 37
Not wanting to 🔺 myself here, but a few of my ex neighbours lived in the same area as TK and met him out and about a few times. He’s apparently a really nice bloke - the chatty, friendly persona he portrays isn’t just for the cameras.

The squigs (lol. Auto 🥕 corrects that to ‘squits’ every time) are getting all a bit ‘That Man’ again, aren’t they? Urgh.
I think I've mentioned one of my friends worked with him on a job about 6/7 years ago and can confirm this is 100% true.

Genuine, professional, lovely and no diva behaviour.

Funny he doesn't have a reputation of being difficult. Mustn't be difficult 🤷

• Heart
Reactions: 55
I think it’s always worth mentioning, Jack isn’t that well known.
Shes never broken through to mainstream media. She’s had a couple of slots on This Morning and the DKL fiasco. That’s it isn’t it?
Cookery programmes are cheap to make, if they found a new food person with a new angle (say like Nadia) they would be jumping to make a series. Never happening now.

I constantly have to explain to Prince who she is. I think there is a middle class demographic who have picked up on her from the Guardian. But the average ‘man on the street’ not a clue who she is. Changing what she looks like every five minutes doesn’t bloody help.

• Heart
Reactions: 56
Raises so many questions.

Only £5k for six months of 100 hour weeks?
How did her SIM get hijacked?
How long did it take her to notice?
Just how many accounts does she have?
Was the 5k in a business account or just have a rest (dino nap) is her personal account?
If she had been s victim of fraud, why wouldn't she get her money back?
Paranoid about security - since bleeping when?

Did this coincide with LJC asking what Jack was doing with all her money, because their joint savings account certainly wasn't seeing any of it?
They could have finished that headline directly after 'literal nightmare'.

"I just don't shout about everything I do"

That's precisely what you ARE supposed to do, you complete and utter moron. These people are paying you to promote their campaigns to your audience. And you do an unbelievably crap job of it time and time again.
Absolutely lol if she actually was involved and this is the first thing she's not shouted from the rooftops about apart from Del Monte, Linda McCartney, and #thundercunt.

Thinking about it, she actually successfully promoted the GoHenry fiasco more than anything she's been paid to.

• Haha
Reactions: 37
The whole point about advocacy and campaigning on any issue is that it is about building a movement, getting people involved and getting publicity for your cause. You can't be precious even if you did 'invent' something, you just have to put your ego aside and let other people run with it for the greater good.

Can confirm no one knows who Jack is.. a few months back I used her as my 'go' on a very drunken game of Zoom charades. It took a really long time for anyone to get close and then when I was forced to reveal her name there was a sea of blank faces.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 66
I think it’s always worth mentioning, Jack isn’t that well known.
Shes never broken through to mainstream media. She’s had a couple of slots on This Morning and the DKL fiasco. That’s it isn’t it?
Cookery programmes are cheap to make, if they found a new food person with a new angle (say like Nadia) they would be jumping to make a series. Never happening now.

I constantly have to explain to Prince who she is. I think there is a middle class demographic who have picked up on her from the Guardian. But the average ‘man on the street’ not a clue who she is. Changing what she looks like every five minutes doesn’t bloody help.
yeah exactly, if she was more well known it would also become well known that she lies all the time, the reason most people don't know her ridiculous back story is because most people barely know who she is, I know I only knew about her vaguely as I read the guardian until finding this thread

Reactions: 30
I feel like a crappy feminist saying this but what a difference having long hair makes on her! She looked genuinely v pretty in that odd curler vid. She has funny ideas about it though:
-Falling out in clumps..... some strands in the bath after washing it.
-Keeping a long bit for fun...... reverse rats tail
-Bicked it (is this a word?)...... trimmed the undercut.

I’m currently stuck in the ‘I think I look prettier with long hair despite it looking and feeling like actual kindling’ stage of hair. Could genuinely be used as rabbit bedding right now.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
Having a GDPR chaos at work
Ffs I had a ‘Thanks very Matt much’ email chaos yesterday evening, spent all night having anxious terrors about it. Nobody had even noticed when I mentioned it in my most smol pixie way this morning 🤯

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
[QUOTE="Lumpyspaceprincess, post: 4704865, member: 132059

I think there is a middle class demographic who have picked up on her from the Guardian.
[/QUOTE]

I think that these are mainly the people who think Jacks recipes are wonderful for other people

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 64
[QUOTE="Lumpyspaceprincess, post: 4704865, member: 132059

I think there is a middle class demographic who have picked up on her from the Guardian.
I think that these are mainly the people who think Jacks recipes are wonderful for other people
[/QUOTE]
I always wonder if those people who hand out Jack Monroe recipes from food banks have ever tried them.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 49
I’ve ran many projects. Before you start you look about and have chats with people. Doesn’t mean they are involved with your project.

day 8

Matt obviously won the arm wrestle and got to wear denim today (and it suits him well). Jack is EXTREMELY pleased with herself in this episode.
Matt has a lot of fun banter with the 2 male guests. Dr Raj is nice isn’t he.
Dusty Aunt Helen gets mentioned - hilarious.... jack makes a brown curry which she has forensically remembered and recreated from what her dad used to make. RATHER THAN JUST bleeping ASKING HIM.
Brown curry and rice can be served with anything apparently rice, chickpeas, dirt.
someone asks if they can make the brown curry with fish and Jack ( a literal food expert) tells her that it would now be a brown fish curry. No wonder the government consult her on food issues, we’d be fucked without her.

I need someone else to watch and look at her face when she tries Matts food and see what they think.

So obviously they have clips of people who can cook to help the cooking programme - Nadia and Nigella (only need one name famous). Jacks face when Matt mentions Mummy (shiver). Don’t give her your address mummy!

I’m hormonal so have no tolerance for twatness today.
She was so buoyant in these episodes, I really believe she thought she was in her rightful niche and it would be plain sailing from there.

• Haha
Reactions: 33
She was so buoyant in these episodes, I really believe she thought she was in her rightful niche and it would be plain sailing from there.
She definitely believe that. Unfortunately for her, she was still tit at it.

• Haha
Reactions: 33
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.