Jack Monroe #18 From giving THAT MAN hell to a Hellman's collab, “Baby Nigella’s” food is still making us gag.

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Harrybosch said:
Hmmm sorry feel like I’m spamming but I agree with @PennyLoafer it did seem there was something else being partaken. Just my opinion!
The grandiosity, delusions, paranoia, and extreme highs & lows can be put down to narcissism. But the insomnia, mouth sores, constant colds and endless sniffing? I wouldn't have thought to mention it if she didn't keep banging on about the Groucho like she wants to share something but can't?
What interest could the Groucho possibly hold for salt-of-the-earth, saviour-of-the-poor Jack? She is definitely entranced by the idea of being a celeb and running with fancy Lunnun types but... beyond that?

Anyway, enough said on that score. Puppies, kittens, la la la.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Tbh her seating area looked nice I was half expecting one of those grotty backdrops she loves to photograph - still recovering from those boots next to the utensils.

• Haha
Reactions: 7
Goodnight my hausefraus and buddy buds. Wishing you all happy sleeps those who can, and for those who have trouble sleeping, happy warm thoughts. My husband is taking me for a bike ride and imagine I will be in the basket. Good solid hugs for everyone, far and wide. You are loved by many, especially me. xx

1590348975800.png

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 33
Re: The Groucho Club I have been (I know, so fancy) and it was like all those members places, sounds more fun from the outside when it's a mystery. Inside just a bar with more folk preening and wanting to be noticed than a normal bar open to the public.

Reactions: 14
"People in Southend gawped at her!" B.S! There are more odd characters than you can shake a stick in southend! We've the creepy religious clown dude and there used to be a man who walked around the high street with a selection of owls/birds of prey on a little wooden cart - a girl with a buzz cut wouldn't get a 2nd look in Southend!!

• Haha
Reactions: 33
The labia comment!
reminds me of this little gem from the guardian.

Also she has a duck load of hair for someone who has shaved their head due to loosing it in clumps! 🙄

We really do need to start an incident record for all of these outbursts by the general public!

Attachments

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 27
"People in Southend gawped at her!" B.S! There are more odd characters than you can shake a stick in southend! We've the creepy religious clown dude and there used to be a man who walked around the high street with a selection of owls/birds of prey on a little wooden cart - a girl with a buzz cut wouldn't get a 2nd look in Southend!!
Have you seen the man with a swastika tattoo on his forehead? Three people (who don’t know each other) have mentioned him to me, seems to hang around the train station?

But yeah Jack’s appearance is nothing noteworthy, somewhat unconventional but not so weird you’d be taken aback

• Wow
Reactions: 10
Have you seen the man with a swastika tattoo on his forehead? Three people (who don’t know each other) have mentioned him to me, seems to hang around the train station?

But yeah Jack’s appearance is nothing noteworthy, somewhat unconventional but not so weird you’d be taken aback
I've seen him a few times in Aldi! Southend (like most places) has its local characters. (Mine were the group of south American men who played 80s easy listening on the pan pipes!)
NO ONE would bat an eyelid at a girl with shaved head!

• Haha
Reactions: 9
Re: The Groucho Club I have been (I know, so fancy) and it was like all those members places, sounds more fun from the outside when it's a mystery. Inside just a bar with more folk preening and wanting to be noticed than a normal bar open to the public.
It’s like a tit private school for adults, the fees for the popular ones we all hear about are comparatively low (hear me out...) so don’t make them the super exclusive environment she’s clearly super proud to be allowed into? Find the fixation on it weird though.

I don’t mean to sound like a knob in saying that at all but a few grand a year is a manageable/justifiable expense for a lot of well paid professionals, especially as a lot of them put it through their expenses anyway (I know people whose parents pay theirs 😂). You’re basically paying an annual fee to ensure you don’t end up in an overcrowded bar full of tourists...edit and you’re more likely to be sat next to a marketing manager than Jude law 😂

• Haha
Reactions: 19
her friend seems like a dick, a couple of comments were quite dismissive and patronising.
you can judge a person by the company they keep.

It sounds dire, I am glad I didn't watch it. Does anyone know what the final viewing figures was? About 2k voted in her 'what should I wear a poll' how many of them bothered to watch?

• Haha
Reactions: 4

It sounds dire, I am glad I didn't watch it. Does anyone know what the final viewing figures was? About 2k voted in her 'what should I wear a poll' how many of them bothered to watch?
The highest viewer count I ever saw was 260ish.

I was expecting a lot lot more tbh.

Reactions: 4
It’s like a tit private school for adults, the fees for the popular ones we all hear about are comparatively low (hear me out...) so don’t make them the super exclusive environment she’s clearly super proud to be allowed into? Find the fixation on it weird though.

I don’t mean to sound like a knob in saying that at all but a few grand a year is a manageable/justifiable expense for a lot of well paid professionals, especially as a lot of them put it through their expenses anyway (I know people whose parents pay theirs 😂). You’re basically paying an annual fee to ensure you don’t end up in an overcrowded bar full of tourists...edit and you’re more likely to be sat next to a marketing manager than Jude law 😂
You may not get to see Jude Law But at least you don't have to sit next to poor people,( unless you bump into one of the cleaners).

• Haha
Reactions: 9

You're totally right.

My friend works in media, husband a banker. He made her get a Soho house membership so she could sign him and his banker bros in for those very reasons.

• Haha
Reactions: 6

About 204 when I did this screenshot, and one of them is me!
F953360F-AA50-43F1-8DD0-EB38E7332794.jpeg

• Haha
Reactions: 8
  • Wow
Reactions: 11
You're totally right.

My friend works in media, husband a banker. He made her get a Soho house membership so she could sign him and his banker bros in for those very reasons.
Sorry to be a snob but Soho house is like a sixth form common room riddled with the clap, I’d be embarrassed to be a grown man in taking anyone there 😳

Although men in banking have a perverse intrigue with us paupers in creative industries. I spent my early 20s being set up with over eager GS nerds who adored going to the naffest of places. Shudders x

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 14
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.