Jack Monroe #178 I am a human being and I make mistakes

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
There are some things you don’t mess with because of the huge aggro it causes and paella is one of them. Just call it a rice dish. Personally I don’t mind if people have their own go and ‘mess with’ recipes because food should be about experimentation but the Spanish get really worked up so don’t poke the bear with the chorizo publishing food writers!

• Heart
Reactions: 35
It's something all kids do. HTH.

View attachment 525330
I knew someone who was 'actually autistic' and she told me that she practiced smiling front of a mirror, so she could do it in what she had learnt were socially appropriate situations.

ETA I see that 'actually autistic' has disappeared from her bio. I hated being told to smile as a child. I cannot raise a smile its not genuine today.

Last edited:
Reactions: 37
Moving from the not-paella to the privacy thing again... Someone said she has no privacy notice on her website? Now at the very least, she collects people's email addresses on there, so is it not mandatory by law that she has one? In addition, she should by law be registered with the ICO and have paid a data protection fee as she handles and stores an awful lot of personal data. Even if we ignore the stories people send her, she has an employee with hands and data, all the names and addresses of her patrons, and we can only speculate as to how this data is stored... It looks to me like she's breaching data protection law in a number of ways 🤔.

Happy for more knowledgeable fraus to provide further education on the subject, but it doesn't look right to me at all?

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 76
Moving from the not-paella to the privacy thing again... Someone said she has no privacy notice on her website? Now at the very least, she collects people's email addresses on there, so is it not mandatory by law that she has one? In addition, she should by law be registered with the ICO and have paid a data protection fee as she handles and stores an awful lot of personal data. Even if we ignore the stories people send her, she has an employee with hands and data, all the names and addresses of her patrons, and we can only speculate as to how this data is stored... It looks to me like she's breaching data protection law in a number of ways 🤔.

Happy for more knowledgeable fraus to provide further education on the subject, but it doesn't look right to me at all?
Pretty sure you’re right.
I run a business, have a privacy policy on my website and pay an annual fee to the ICO.

I couldn’t comment over the weekend, I was on a mega grunk and her chaos left me speechless. Also, the amazing cabal said everything that needed saying. I could have liked, loved, and laughed at every post.

Anyway, I hope her exhausting and intrusive dose of antibiotics have kicked in today and she’s feeling better.

• Heart
Reactions: 61
Pretty sure you’re right.
I run a business, have a privacy policy on my website and pay an annual fee to the ICO.
To add to the GDPR conversation, it's my understanding that people, organisations or business entities aren't allowed (by law) to collect data unless there's a reason to, and that reason has to be made clear to the person giving their data. So if, as she says, she's not going to use the email addresses for anything, then she isn't supposed to collect them.

• Heart
Reactions: 52
Does anyone remember when that American woman was trolling the UK about how to make British tea when she made a bowl of syrup in the microwave and all the tea bag companies made jokes. I didn’t personally get offended that she did it so wrong because I didn’t have to drink that mess. I do understand that some followers might now think we all drink microsludge all day in Britain but again, that’s their problem.
She lives in the UK - that’s a twist I don’t remember

On current topic - I don’t think the ICO will accept ADHD as an excuse for not following GDPR

• Haha
Reactions: 44

This happened a little while ago:

20210214_083028.jpg

As it happened, "John Smith" was happy. But this shows that she has NO IDEA about data protection.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 87
Gosh - imagine if Lovehoney personally thanked all their customers on Facebook or Twitter publicly. Or M&S congratulated you on your purchase of pants in whatever size. Not a bleeping clue.

• Haha
Reactions: 77
Yum, snakehead baked rice. The fact she limits comments on these posts is hilarious. Deep down she knows how dreadful her cooking is too.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 43
Gosh - imagine if Lovehoney personally thanked all their customers on Facebook or Twitter publicly. Or M&S congratulated you on your purchase of pants in whatever size. Not a bleeping clue.
Imagine if her bank messaged her and said thanks for depositing all that money today pet. She would be fewmin..

Imagine if her bank messaged her and said thanks for depositing all that money today pet. She would be fewmin..

• Haha
Reactions: 51
To add to the GDPR conversation, it's my understanding that people, organisations or business entities aren't allowed (by law) to collect data unless there's a reason to, and that reason has to be made clear to the person giving their data. So if, as she says, she's not going to use the email addresses for anything, then she isn't supposed to collect them.
Yes, so she has a place on there where you can enter your email address and subscribe to her mailing list. She should be explaining how your email address will be used by her. Also if her site is harvesting any other data when you visit, or storing any cookies etc on on your device, this also needs to be declared so you can consent to it?

Remember when she launched the Thrifty Shades of Beige site, there was an issue pointed out then with her privacy policy. Screenshots from @kachoochoo.

Attachments

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 44
There are some things you don’t mess with because of the huge aggro it causes and paella is one of them. Just call it a rice dish. Personally I don’t mind if people have their own go and ‘mess with’ recipes because food should be about experimentation but the Spanish get really worked up so don’t poke the bear with the chorizo publishing food writers!
Yeah, but that just makes me want to make JEHOVAH paella! (sorry @colouredlines and thank you for the rules and tips), and I think you might have annoyed them by calling them Spanish when they are Catalan anyway? I'm fairly sure the "outrage" is just a lot of eyerolls and curses with a few nutters on local radio or something, and the press loves to stir it up (like a paella risotto) because like Game of Thrones fans and suchlike, they're so cute when they're angry!

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.