Jack Monroe #178 I am a human being and I make mistakes

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Why can’t she just call it stir fry?
Jack's original paella bears a striking resemblance to Miguel's egg fried rice. Because rice is rice is rice ya know.

Jack's 'paella' -

Sort-of Paella, 64p [A Girl Called Jack] – Jack Monroe

Miguel's egg fried rice -

Screen Shot 2021-04-11 at 23.21.11.png

(Obvs Miguel's looks nicer, and also, more pertinently, doesn't advertise itself as PAELLA!)

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 44
I was trying to recall earlier whether she'd ever done any kind of stir-fry and was drawing a blank. She seems to think that the longer you cook something and the more ingredients you add, the better it gets. Same thing with writing. More words is more better! Who says you can't mix mussels and pears? Probably the same people who say a toothache can't go marauding. Philistines!

• Haha
Reactions: 55
Jack's original paella bears a striking resemblance to Miguel's egg fried rice. Because rice is rice is rice ya know.

Jack's 'paella' -

View attachment 525289

View attachment 525262

(Obvs Miguel's looks nicer, and also, more pertinently, doesn't advertise itself as PAELLA!)
Jacks version here doesn’t look terrible. It’s much better than tonight’s version for sure. However it kind of just looks like a cheap ready meal? It’s definitely food, which is an improvement (decline? She’s got worse, not better)

From that small section of photo, I want to know Miguel’s recipe. THAT is what food photos should do Jack, not make you grimace.

I was trying to recall earlier whether she'd ever done any kind of stir-fry and was drawing a blank. She seems to think that the longer you cook something and the more ingredients you add, the better it gets. Same thing with writing. More words is more better! Who says you can't mix mussels and pears? Probably the same people who say a toothache can't go marauding. Philistines!
And stirfrys can be super quick and cost effective too. It’s like she really has no clue, isn’t it!

Reactions: 32

Jack's 'paella' -

View attachment 525289

View attachment 525262

Jack’s is clearly a couple of sachets of golden rice with some prawns and chorizo isn’t it?

scratch that- just read the recipe, no chorizo

• Haha
Reactions: 34
Jacks version here doesn’t look terrible. It’s much better than tonight’s version for sure.
It doesn't look terrible but it also looks nothing like a paella!

It was included in her rant about That Man. Because he appropriated jollof rice. One Rant to Start It All. (It’s all in the Lime Goss article if you haven’t read it)

View attachment 525133
Do you know what's depressing about this? It's Jack at her worst (ie her most Jack), but it also got her a really high paid gig. Modern life is rubbish.

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 51
I have never properly unclenched from cringing when Jack tweeted Matt's wife thanking her for lending Matt to her.
Mrs Tebbutt had the good sense to neither reply nor like it.
From one of the rabbit holes I went down on Twitter one afternoon, it’s the only time she’s displayed that trait.

• Haha
Reactions: 31
I know we have some great tech brains here, as well as media and social media people too, so may I ask....Are 2000odd likes on twitter plus a thousand odd on Insta good rates of interaction? As they are both way below 1%, I would have thought not, especially for peak Sunday evening sharing. But I don’t know enough about the subject and would love to know more knowledgable Fraus thoughts.

Reactions: 18
This should probably go in food and drink but I don’t want to but (butt?) in there when paellas are here. When I was young I went to Spain and had a paella in a proper Spanish restaurant but instead of rice it was like chopped up noodles. Is that a thing? I’m never sure if I misremember the past, if I just went to weird places or if it is real!
That's fideua. Bloody lovely unlike Jack's paella.

• Heart
Reactions: 23
On a grunk, so don’t know where this will land... but I will say that the open-mouthed following of yesterday’s DfE-baiting, school head pile-on instigating, meaningless apologymumbling was almost as edge-of-seat entertaining as tonight’s Line of Duty van attack. I’m literally emotionally drained and exhausted from both. Mother of God, Ted Hastings wouldn’t stand for any mass deletes, though....

Anyway, was just wondering if it’s actually true that she has moved— any sign of @GothPrincess to confirm the absolute state of the vacated property? Or has she, or any other Southend-based Frau, been ceased and desisted like poor @essexgirl101?

• Heart
Reactions: 43
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.