Jack Monroe #169 Please don’t argue about turnips

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I went to do an image search because I couldn't really remember, and came across this post:
https://web.archive.org/web/2020031...m/2019/11/08/no-tomato-sausage-casserole-47p/

duck me she really is an internet munchie, isn't she? The glamorous hospital selfies, the allergy bracelet which I've literally never seen her wear since, the ridiculous language. I'm too mad to comment on the tattoos now.
Did she ever say what it was she was allergic to? If she was having anaphylactic reactions it must have been something, but it has never been mentioned again. Did we ever get the blow by blow account of her allergy clinic appointments and the conclusions they came to?

Reactions: 29
Just musing like you, anyone remember when Alan partridge had all those copies of his autobiography and he was trying to give them away? Jack really is him made flesh isn't she?

I can just picture the crappy bungalow with piles of those books everywhere, she better be careful as with being so smol if a stack should topple it could bury her

• Haha
Reactions: 34
Did she ever say what it was she was allergic to? If she was having anaphylactic reactions it must have been something, but it has never been mentioned again. Did we ever get the blow by blow account of her allergy clinic appointments and the conclusions they came to?
I think she claimed they ruled out tomatoes, did she end up saying oysters or something?

I definitely remember seeing people openly question the referral to the clinic and epipen being given only happening on the fifth anaphylactic reaction.

Reactions: 28
03A1E355-7DC1-448C-A93F-68C31F1592CA.jpeg
Someone is watching. She is coming off with the usual grand statements but there Will be no actual graft as usual. Given how quickly she stopped the thunder clap I’m sure she will forget it soon.
I’ve squiggled the others in case some of them are actual real NHS workers. There’s another tweet of her saying something like the UK is in food poverty, yet she can blissfully post her second dinner pot noodles.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 43
I really wish someone would write a realistic cookbook though:

"I look back wistfully on the days of my youth when I would camp down on the library floor, cook books scattered round me, while I leafed through the varied pictures of inspiration from across the globe. I had someone to impress, a romantic night planned, and a Saturday morning perusing the local butchers and greengrocers for ingredients. My imagination could run wild and, at the end of it, I would likely get laid.

Ah, sweet memories as I peel myself away from my emails to ponder what I can rustle up tonight...

Here's my recipe for when you've worked late, the kids are being shits, and you just cannot be bleeping arsed:

1 - bottle of wine
1 - second bottle of wine (never two bottles, always one and one
)
1 - Chinese menu
1 - £10 note
A handful of loose change

Generously glug the wine into the largest possible glass.

Adopting a stern tone, briskly shake the menu towards the children and announce "PIE" and give them a glance that ensures no dissent.

Leaf through the remaining menu before settling on your usual choices.

Call, to be met with "is this XX Bland Street Name? Usual?"

Gently shake loose change while watching the clock.

Serve indelicately tipped onto your biggest plate and enjoy with a fork and tit tv."
This is my kinda logic. Bravo.

• Haha
Reactions: 18
I think she claimed they ruled out tomatoes, did she end up saying oysters or something?

I definitely remember seeing people openly question the referral to the clinic and epipen being given only happening on the fifth anaphylactic reaction.
We never saw anything. I would imagine she would’ve taken great joy in posting pictures of the test they do. I don’t doubt she was given an epipen, it’s prescribed and dispensed. I wonder if she never followed up. Also considering how well she looks in the photo, and her 3 lead ECG, I would query what the reason for the hospital visit was... we don’t usually put continual monitoring on unless it’s a cardiac issue 🤷🏼‍♀️ Usually an ECG suffices. Also where’s her swelling?! 👀

• Heart
Reactions: 29
View attachment 496303Someone is watching. She is coming off with the usual grand statements but there Will be no actual graft as usual. Given how quickly she stopped the thunder clap I’m sure she will forget it soon.
I’ve squiggled the others in case some of them are actual real NHS workers. There’s another tweet of her saying something like the UK is in food poverty, yet she can blissfully post her second dinner pot noodles.
Is this the only shirt she owns?

• Haha
Reactions: 34

Fifth reaction in a couple of months and it was oysters! Who has oysters 5 times in a couple of months?

• Haha
Reactions: 56
Sorry for the double posting I just can’t believe I’m not on a Grunka anymore! What now?! Fingers crossed she does a chaos or I’ll have to have a real life conversation with someone I live with

• Haha
Reactions: 40
View attachment 496303Someone is watching. She is coming off with the usual grand statements but there Will be no actual graft as usual. Given how quickly she stopped the thunder clap I’m sure she will forget it soon.
DENIM SHIRT

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 22
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.