Jack Monroe #169 Please don’t argue about turnips

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
It's finished! Jack managed to move herself to tears through the power of her own words! It was very dramatic! There was a long, uncomfortable pause as she took her glasses off and rubbed her eyes after saying something along the lines of 120,000 disabled people have died directly due to cuts (missed the timeframe in which this was meant to have happened, though I wouldn't be surprised it she'd said it was in the past year. No sources cited).

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 64
Oh ALSO, she says the 'bootstrap' thing which she chose to market herself with is ironic, something to do with Iain Duncan Smith saying people in poverty should pull themselves up by their bootstraps so she taught everyone a lesson with her .... irony.

• Wow
  • Sick
Reactions: 53
Here we go @TheDragonWithAFlagon 1 of 1 epipens for Ms Jack Monroe! View attachment 496352
Do the NHS (or even private) routinely give out an Epi pen before they know what you are allergic to? My understanding is the tests are to gradually introduce various foods and check for reactions and do various tests first? (Obviously I’m not a lady Dr so maybe someone with a bit more medical knowledge could explain)

Reactions: 21
Do the NHS (or even private) routinely give out an Epi pen before they know what you are allergic to? My understanding is the tests are to gradually introduce various foods and check for reactions and do various tests first? (Obviously I’m not a lady Dr so maybe someone with a bit more medical knowledge could explain)
I’m not a lady doctor either but the crux of the skepticism I saw at the time (it was one of the first times I saw actual dissent, a couple seem to still exist in the Facebook comments of her post of the blog post) was that the NHS would have given her an epipen (or pair) and her referral to the clinic earlier than her fifth (claimed) episode of anaphylaxis.

ETA: of course there is the gulf between whether she said anaphylaxis and actually just meant a rash or something, whether it was the fifth time or whether the entire lot is bollocks. She was definitely implying it was the fifth anaphylactic reaction requiring hospitalisation though.

Reactions: 23
No... it’s all rather odd. They tend to give them out in pairs too, because of how they are used. Use one, then use another 10 minutes later while waiting for emergency services to arrive.

An overcautious medic in the ED might prescribe one and send you home just in case unwitnessed bouts have actually occurred. But you don’t really get unwitnessed bouts of anaphylaxis. Tends to be pretty serious. I’m surprised we didn’t get a cannula pic for all the fluids and medications she would’ve needed to counteract the reaction.

ETA not saying Jackie would do this, your honour, but it has been known that medics may err on the side of caution with these kind of things because some patients like to bandy around words related to professional registration and lawsuits and what if it actually happened again etc etc.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
Scottish Baking 😁. Note that the front cover quote is from Mom. Sue Lawrence is from Dundee so talks about butteries but has had some tuition in the art of rowies.

View attachment 496067
Her tablet recipe is the best 🥰 pre phone/internet I copied this down without buying buying the book in Waterstones because I was a poor school pupil!!!
my new jack book is an education - so many random ingredients, no pictures, too much text etc etc

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 16
Ok I’m grunkaing, she does know you’re not meant to just leave video calls/meetings?

also 🔺 you can buy epipens privately, they assess your allergies regularly if you’re prescribed them to check you still require them (ie if you grow out of an allergy or it’s no longer a suitable/safe med for you); as they are actually not very bleeping good for you

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Was she liking tweets while doing this thing?

We saved LoD for tonight and now it is all about the trainspotting soundtrack.

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
Ok I’m grunkaing, she does know you’re not meant to just leave video calls/meetings?

also 🔺 you can buy epipens privately, they assess your allergies regularly if you’re prescribed them to check you still require them (ie if you grow out of an allergy or it’s no longer a suitable/safe med did you); as they are actually not very bleeping good for you
Can confirm this from MrEms experience. Always reviewed before represcribing. Especially in recent years because there have been actual shortages of adrenaline and not enough pens around.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 22
I also played 'We are the Pigs' out of my bedroom window when next door was being raided but I was Young and knew no better.
Ok we need to go back in time so I can be your friend.
It’s a two way street, in the future we go to a gig and see Neil Tennant sitting with David Walliams and the Cameron’s next to them
Edit 🥕

• Haha
Reactions: 10
Ok we needed to go back in time so I can be your friend. It’s a two way street, in the future we go to a gig and see Neil Tennant sitting with David Walliams and the Cameron’s next to them
Worst shag marry kill ever but absolutely.
Now duck off x

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
Pretty sure my three wouldn't like it. They like hair ties and straws. I bought them a battery powered twirly toy and they hated it.

That fish thing had some poor reviews, mostly saying the cat was scared or indifferent.
My cat was starting to enjoy the flappy fish I bought but then the dog took a liking to it. I did put it out of reach but she climbed up and stole it when I was out and predictably broke it. I took the mechanism out and it's a dog toy now. :rolleyes:

• Haha
Reactions: 19
[/QUOTE]

If she actually worked a real job she could know that the standard is to leave the meeting completely, message someone in the meeting and say ‘blue screen of death’ and rejoin when you are ready with an apology. But she can just waltz about whatever way she wants of course!

• Haha
Reactions: 27
If she actually worked a real job she could know that the standard is to leave the meeting completely, message someone in the meeting and say ‘blue screen of death’ and rejoin when you are ready with an apology. But she can just waltz about whatever way she wants of course!
I loved that one of the few screen pics on twitter was “Jack Monroe is away” 🤣 so on brand for her.

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.