Jack Monroe #169 Please don’t argue about turnips

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Jack's tattoos on her forearms look kinda dirty to me - I know very little about tattoos, but don't people take into account their skin tone and the size and intensity (block of colour vs line drawing - I don't know the terminology forensically!) of the design, and its proportion to the body part, before getting it done?
I went to do an image search because I couldn't really remember, and came across this post:
https://web.archive.org/web/2020031...m/2019/11/08/no-tomato-sausage-casserole-47p/

duck me she really is an internet munchie, isn't she? The glamorous hospital selfies, the allergy bracelet which I've literally never seen her wear since, the ridiculous language. I'm too mad to comment on the tattoos now.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 41
I went to do an image search because I couldn't really remember, and came across this post:
https://web.archive.org/web/2020031...m/2019/11/08/no-tomato-sausage-casserole-47p/

duck me she really is an internet munchie, isn't she? The glamorous hospital selfies, the allergy bracelet which I've literally never seen her wear since, the ridiculous language. I'm too mad to comment on the tattoos now.
I’m actually surprised she’s not had her allergy tattooed on her. I have a friend with a (real) peanut allergy who had it tattooed on his forearm because “it’s cheaper than bracelets I lose.”

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 35
I haven’t told you how many teeth I’ve got, how many chairs I own OR what star sign I am but..I was dancing in a club in a Ken Loach film (no NOT the one based on Jack - Raining Stones) so basically I’m an actor AND a dancer
💅

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 46
2 hours!!! duck a duck.
That's alot of talking absolute bollocks even for the queen of it.

Honestly do people actually not have lives. I know 1 year in lockdown but jeez, I think I will paint a wall and watch it dry.

• Haha
Reactions: 32
I’m actually surprised she’s not had her allergy tattooed on her. I have a friend with a (real) peanut allergy who had it tattooed on his forearm because “it’s cheaper than bracelets I lose.”
MrEm has a severe peanut allergy and carries epipens. He has a very blasé approach to the whole thing. When out for dinner I’ve often asked “have you got the pens?” Usually they are in his work bag. At home. FAT LOT OF USE THERE, SWEETHEART.

ETA I’m a medical Frau and he an 🚑 Herren. He’s also a buck eejit.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 51
Hospital selfies are classic munchie/narc behaviour. I took one of my legs in those compression stockings they give you because they had a peep-toe and I knew my mates would laugh at it.

• Haha
Reactions: 33
It is my turn to make diner for the people in the four flats on our side of the building today. I am making Moussaka main, with a chocolate orange trifle for pudding (sod off Jack with your manky packet crap). I am so pleased it was my turn on this day of reflection. I plate up the food and leave it on each doorstep, they then all come to the doors to collect it.

Has Jack done anything community spirited like that? No, thought not. (I am not sure the neighbours would want her food to be honest)

As I am cooking for other people, can I call myself a chef?
Actually @MancBee when you took a break last week you will miss Jack kindly giving her neighbours some radioactive rice and salmonella with Mel Donte tinned pineapple. Beat that!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 33
Jack's tattoos on her forearms look kinda dirty to me - I know very little about tattoos, but don't people take into account their skin tone and the size and intensity (block of colour vs line drawing - I don't know the terminology forensically!) of the design, and its proportion to the body part, before getting it done?
You would think - and I've thought along those lines too.

She once said something about how people question the amount she spent on her tattoos but that they cost less combined than her Mulberry handbag.

A Mulberry Bayswater (I don't know which one Jack has but let's use this as an example) currently costs £995. Jack has a LOT of tattoos, making the cost per tattoo very little (relative to tattoos). Quality, well done tattoos are expensive. A full sleeve can easily cost £1k+ at a reputable tattooist and Jack has both her arms covered.
If she's telling the truth (which she may not be because hey, it's Jack), it says a lot about the artist, quality and design process of the work she's had done.

Reactions: 29
I haven’t told you how many teeth I’ve got, how many chairs I own OR what star sign I am but..I was dancing in a club in a Ken Loach film (no NOT the one based on Jack - Raining Stones) so basically I’m an actor AND a dancer
💅
Bet you turned down Strictly, too 💃

• Haha
Reactions: 26
You would think - and I've thought along those lines too.

She once said something about how people question the amount she spent on her tattoos but that they cost less combined than her Mulberry handbag.

A Mulberry Bayswater (I don't know which one Jack has but let's use this as an example) currently costs £995. Jack has a LOT of tattoos, making the cost per tattoo very little (relative to tattoos). Quality, well done tattoos are expensive. A full sleeve can easily cost £1k+ at a reputable tattooist and Jack has both her arms covered.
If she's telling the truth (which she may not be because hey, it's Jack), it says a lot about the artist, quality and design process of the work she's had done.
Her artist friend done them mates rates when he was starting out apparently

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 27
The first bit was a (very good, though perhaps a little overly dramatically delivered for my taste) talk by a Syrian nutritionist. We're now being led through mindfulness exercises by someone else for some unknown reason. No sign of Jack yet.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 40
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.