Jack Monroe #169 Please don’t argue about turnips

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Roasting tin book is Rukmini Iyer
It's a great book. Beautiful pictures and easy to create your own versions of the recipes using the charts at the front. Jack could research and include an alternatives chart in her next book...

• Heart
Reactions: 18
Oh Jack, you failed to list the myriad skills and disciplines you use. And you usually do such a ridiculous list!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
1 YouTuber, she has put one or two videos on YouTube
2 Blogger, she did that back in the poverty years
3 Singer, dueted with the greats dontcha know
4 TV Presenter, enough said
5 Writer, see above

So fair enough, half of them, done half heartedly.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 64
1 YouTuber, she has put one or two videos on YouTube
2 Blogger, she did that back in the poverty years
5 Writer, see above

Athlete- she is a bodybuilding pescatarian dontcha know?

• Haha
Reactions: 40
It will soon be the 1 year anniversary of DKL. I wonder if BBC have a special anniversary show planned?

• Haha
Reactions: 51
Me thinks Dame Slop should spend some of her £££ on a few of St Delia's books ,actually teaching people how to cook ,no flowery language and yes the recipes will be a bit dated but the structure of putting a recipe together ,along with actual basic stuff like getting someone else to make the recipe to see if it works ....or get SB or Caroline ( who has hands ) to proofread so it makes sense ..

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 29
1 YouTuber, she has put one or two videos on YouTube- camera operator, lighting technician, scriptwriter, recipe tester, presser of “record” button with tongue,, talker, plant arranger, floor manager, editor, uploaded of content
2 Blogger, she did that back in the poverty years, emotional load bearer, recipe created, source ingredients, kick shins of offending men on trains, dress wearer at community awards ceremonies, filling in job application and benefits forms, organising a Facebook yard sale event and co-ordinating media coverage of said event by local paper,
I AM BORING MYSELF NOW
5 Writer, see above

Fixed it for ya Jack / MancBee

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
Top show of discipline getting the latest book out on time. Don't forget veganism, gender reassignment and so on. Ad infinitum with the force of 1,000 suns.

• Haha
Reactions: 28
Aww, this is reminding me that we never saw the meatball video she laboured over for a day (Step 1: Smile and wave.)

I have the eye wets now.

• Haha
Reactions: 45
Thanks for the kids recommendations - miss v wants to help but is still a bit young for knives
I’d definitely go with Nadiya for starters. It’s a lovely book, there are little quirky short stories to accompany each recipe. Her gingerbread biccies are stonking!!

• Heart
Reactions: 19
Please tell me she’s counting the tremulous Oasis cover as her time as a singer

• Haha
Reactions: 40
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.