Jack Monroe #169 Please don’t argue about turnips

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm still impressed though!
For the life of me I can't remember which one it was though. It was early days, so I suppose I could spend a day or two watching PSB videos just to find the bit so that I can see myself, but I can't be arsed.

I bet Jack would know which song/video it was, and would know the exact moment she appeared, how long the camera lingered on her, and would remember the most insignificant irrelevant anecdotes about the filming.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 50
My brother-in-law has a Duke of Edinburgh award, so that makes me a minor royal.

• Haha
Reactions: 72
I bet Jack would know which song/video it was, and would know the exact moment she appeared, how long the camera lingered on her, and would remember the most insignificant irrelevant anecdotes about the filming.
'Neil likes cheese and ham sandwiches from the Tesco Metro, while Chris prefers a BLT. #fascinating ANYHOO here's a pic of me with them! Big fans of my work, they tell me.' SEND TWEET

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 41
Obviously doctur (lol) and nurse belong together but why are athlete and teacher in the same category 😐

Since posting here I have become:
-a Youtuber (I uploaded some videos to YouTube)
-a film maker (I made the videos I put on YouTube)
-a musician (I made the music that I made the videos for that I put on YouTube)
-a writer (of scathing essays)
-a programmer
-a website builder
-a brand manager
-a photo editor
-a campaigner (for Jack to remove the wheelchair emoji)

So in conclusion, Tattle is great for personal growth, unless you're Jack, in which case your brain is the size of a sesame seed and you're unable to self-reflect and develop in any positive or meaningful way.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 77
Please tell me she’s counting the tremulous Oasis cover as her time as a singer
She absolutely is.

I'd like to inform everyone I wore a decommissioned nurse practitioner uniform for a few hours at work the other week due to an incident with a gallon of emulsion, and as a result will be offering Zoom appointments immediately.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 55
I was once in the background of a BBC Look East news report when they were filming at a stately home-type attraction. So I'm basically a journalist.
There was a blink and you'll miss it shot of me at Norwich Pride in 2019 that was briefly featured on BBC Look East.
It was so great working together, you were an absolute darling.

ETA. 2019 was obviously quite the year as I was also in the v.posh seats on Centre Court at Wimbledon so technically I'm also the reigning champion and a Grand Slam winner.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 56
Me thinks Dame Slop should spend some of her £££ on a few of St Delia's books ,actually teaching people how to cook ,no flowery language and yes the recipes will be a bit dated but the structure of putting a recipe together ,along with actual basic stuff like getting someone else to make the recipe to see if it works ....or get SB or Caroline ( who has hands ) to proofread so it makes sense ..
I use Delia’s Christmas Day timetable every year. Cos it works and takes all the stress out of trying to remember what time you put the turkey on.

• Heart
Reactions: 24
Given that she lists Washing Machine Operator as one of her daunting everyday roles, I think it's fair to assume that the time she worked that splinter free makes her both a "doctur" AND a nurse.

• Haha
Reactions: 46
Mr SM once shared a urinal with Brian Ferry at the Marquee, does that make him a member of Roxy Music. Same as everyone else apparently.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 39
Given that she lists Washing Machine Operator as one of her daunting everyday roles, I think it's fair to assume that the time she worked that splinter free makes her both a "doctur" AND a nurse.
Well, I mean, she *is* the queen of self-diagnosis. PLUS, you know, she's an actual Doctor! (times 2).

• Haha
Reactions: 32
Obviously doctur (lol) and nurse belong together but why are athlete and teacher in the same category 😐

-a programmer
-a website builder
-a brand manager
-a photo editor

So in conclusion, Tattle is great for personal growth, unless you're Jack, in which case your brain is the size of a sesame seed and you're unable to self-reflect and develop in any positive or meaningful way.
#thread title brain is the size of a sesame seed

• Haha
Reactions: 22

-a programmer
-a website builder
-a brand manager
-a photo editor

And unlike Jacks body of work, yours is greatly appreciated!!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 24
She’s yet to tweet any promotion for tonight, qu’elle surprise.

She’s probably realised from the practise run how out of her depth she is and has spent the day bricking it, her careers tweet was likely an attempt to convince herself

• Haha
Reactions: 30
I am dying at these Fraus 😂

Why does Jack include the most fleeting experience of something as a job she's had though?

I can only really claim one with a bit of writing as part of it and that's been my career for 13 years.

Our definition of 'moderate success' must be different though. Considering she's had/has half of those jobs, she can't seem to pay her rent on time no matter how many 20 hour days she claims to 'work'.

It's almost as though....this.....is.....all.......bullshit.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 36
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.