Jack Monroe #169 Please don’t argue about turnips

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Had a similar experience at our NCT class, worst way I’ve ever spent £200 unfortunately. Hopefully we just got unlucky with our course leader. She basically said that any form of pain relief for the mother was selfish and would have detrimental effects on the child. I softly, gently, tried to rebut these untruths at the time but was luridly silenced.

One of the fathers was absolutely adamant that his wife would go through labour without any medical intervention; the poor woman ended up with an emergency section in the end and I’m sure he didn’t let it go for quite some time. Horrible. My birth plan basically read “give me all of the drugs” but unfortunately that didn’t happen, and I still haven’t felt up to walking through it in one of those reflection sessions. I’m really keen to have another child but my body and brain is still screaming nooooooo. Hopefully things will change soon!
Sorry if OT but I had a bad experience with first birth and it took some time but I did eventually feel ready to have another child. Definitely worth listening to your brain and body and ignoring anyone who asks if you are going to have more children.

• Heart
Reactions: 19
I have no direct experience of anyone with Autism, but the way Jack makes out, all Autistic people are the same. You, and others on this forum are so informative and I have learned so much. Autistic people are not one homogenous group, it is evident from you Fraus that have disclosed your diagnoses. Jack does exactly as you say, hides behind a label. Actually she hides behind many, many labels.
It's the fact that every autism stereotype is how Jack says she experiences the world. Stereotypes do have a basis is reality but this picture she creates of herself is just not believable. Stacking things in order is a behaviour that some autistic people exhibit but when you add it to the rest of the stereotypes it just doesn't add up.

I've worked in some customer-facing roles too and agree the scripted interactions are really helpful, make me do small talk and I am quaking in my boots though!

• Heart
Reactions: 36
Every time we get a new incarnation of Jack I take comfort in thinking 'this is the one, she can't get more tedious than this!' and yet somehow she continues to get even more insufferable. She's making me want to hack down forests and burn meadows out of sheer spite.

ETA: what the duck was she on about yesterday with 'first time plant mom' SHE'S GOT THIRTY MILLION PLANTS THAT SHE'S HAD FOR YEARS duck'S SAAAAAAAAAKE

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 70
How many more jolly times is jolly hockey sticks jack going to say jolly?

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 71
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.