Jack Monroe #169 Please don’t argue about turnips

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
You call it a rowie! Shan’t try and cosplay an accent like Jack, but I know toonsers call it a rowie 😂
I’ve still never tried one, and now it’s got to that point where I want to keep the buttery as a mythical enigma because what if I try it and it doesn’t live up to the hype?!
I’m definitely a toonser! They’re not my favourite things tbh, very salty but the crispy ones are pretty fine. We met a couple from New York on our honeymoon and we sent them some when we got home 😂 they definitely didn’t get they hype...

• Haha
Reactions: 17
You call it a rowie! Shan’t try and cosplay an accent like Jack, but I know toonsers call it a rowie 😂
I’ve still never tried one, and now it’s got to that point where I want to keep the buttery as a mythical enigma because what if I try it and it doesn’t live up to the hype?!
A rowie is truly the food of the gods. Especially warm straight from the baker with a big mug of strong tea. I refuse to eat the butteries sold in shops in the central belt, even if they do come from firms north of Dundee as they taste like cardboard in comparison. Luckily I have found a recipe to try.

• Heart
Reactions: 16
I’m surprised she’s not tried a Sticky Rib flavour Pot Noodle before being 90% vegan. I’m not vegan but even I know they’re the best of all the Pot Noodles.

My vote is piled between two slices of softy, softy white bread 🤢 no butter obvs.
I hope she presents it properly like wagmama noodles with all the trimmings.

• Haha
Reactions: 27
Who would describe a pot noodle as immense? Surely, most of us eat some processed crap at some point or another, but surely out of necessity or for convenience, not because we think it's immense? Am I doing food wrong, cabal?

she's borrowing language again. I remember nessa in gavin+stacey calling a duck cooked in honey dish "immense" (can't quite remember what it is called) so it'll have an origin somewhere

Reactions: 28
Who would describe a pot noodle as immense? Sure, most of us eat some processed crap at some point or another, but surely out of necessity or for convenience, not because we think it's immense? Am I doing food wrong, cabal?
Remember this is Jack Monroe, the alternative is one of her own horrible concoctions!

• Haha
Reactions: 29
happy first lockdown anniversary, frauen und herren – I hope everyone is celebrating with some brown slop today. But first let me gaze into my crystal ball…

The year is 2041, we’ve all moved on and people are asking ‘What did you do in the lockdown?’ More than a few of us will just say, ‘oh nothing much, don’t know where the time went..’ but we’ll all smile to ourselves and think back to that corner of the internet which was part M15, part comedy club and part support group. God, that was a year well spent!
👌🏻

In 2041 some of us will wonder just what Jack is up to nowadays, and might click on her Twitter for old times sake. She’ll still be there but what do you think she’ll be doing in 20 years?

I think she’s gonna end up like old man Steptoe with a house full of tut, eating pickled onions sitting in the sink cos she’s *still* so maverick. Poor SB is the son who desperately wants to get away and better himself but is prevented from doing so by old Jack being pass-agg – ‘You can’t move out now son, I’ve just done another chaos…’ or maybe ‘Oh it’s alright SB, you go on holiday and leave me here alone, I’ll be fine.. <sob>’
I always found Steptoe and Son more tragedy than comedy 😞 let's hope S B spreads his wings and flies away like any young glove should 🦅

Reactions: 29
Would that even be physically possible? For a start you have a big baby bump in between you and the place they slice open and I'm sure they don't want the mother breathing near an open wound.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 40

At least it is plant based for our 90% vegan. Until she adds the egg and Anchiode later.

• Haha
Reactions: 17
Found lurking in the archives of Jack's Facebook...lucky Mrs J gets treated to...drum roll please...

Beans cooked in leftover bucks fizz that was sitting out on their bedside table from the night before 🥴

good to see she has always treated chard like a herb too. I had to read the caption about 10 times to understand what the duck is going on here

View attachment 494165
No wonder her relationships never last with food like that 🤢🤢

• Haha
Reactions: 19
It's not food, it's considered a crime in multiple European countries 😂 (don't let the Italians hear of her, please!! they have enough to deal with, what with all of those creamy carbonaras and tinned ravioli concoctions!!)
Needless to say I had the last hooting laugh when I 🔺 that of all dishes her 'Come to bed Parmigiana' was not a Parmigiana,hahaha.
I was so proud of my only original 🔺case I ever brought to the table of investigative and forensic Hausfrauen/herren.
Also, 👋 (Hiya) to the team who triple-tested and proof-read that book.

She has done a lot of food crimes.
Just back from my grunk and I can see the next coming along but I was BUSY recording all of Bach's fugues (it was his birthday, too) with one hand on the organ for all the birthday Frauen.
If you ping me your addresses, I will put a CD in a brown envelope for you.

Also saw that Jack still lies. A lot.
And now get to absolute duck.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 38
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.