Jack Monroe #169 Please don’t argue about turnips

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
i had heard lots of people say they had not been able to follow their birth plan and that made them disappointed from the off so I said in all my appointments my only plan was to have a baby (fingers crossed and everything because that’s not a guarantee) and nothing went as I had anticipated so not having a carefully curated plan meant I didn’t miss it when it all went haywire. I cannot stand competitive mumming - I’m not very sociable in baby circles generally for that reason, also I am selective about the kids I want to hang out with
Haha yes I found some very competitive mums when I had my first, I was horrified, I had no idea how scary they can be, especially with various health issues I felt really exposed and vulnerable , it felt like being thrown to the lions at times!

• Sad
Reactions: 17
Tw@t. She just had to slip in a bit about online mockery. That's going to come up in every interview now.
Food writer, activist, lefty journo returned to tory, silent birther, defender of niches, tattooed ballet dancer, online trolls victim.
The 2021 re-recording of We Didn’t Start the Fire lacks the depth of the original 😆

• Haha
Reactions: 34
Hugs to you, Shawads. I had a bad pregnancy and a very traumatic birth too, (won't go into the gory details), and it has honestly scarred me physically and mentally for life. It is why I only have one child so I can totally empathise with you.

I hope you're doing better now xxxx
Thank you for your kind words and for sharing your story, I'm sorry to hear you had a traumatic pregnancy and birth too, its sad when it isn't the little bubble of contentment everyone expects it to be.
I had fertility treatment for my first baby and, like you, it was such a horrible experience (not the baby, the baby was and still is amazing).
I also swore off having anymore children because I couldn't put myself or my then husband through it again.
I was also in what you might call a sexless marriage, so you could have knocked me down with a bloody feather when I became pregnant naturally not soon after the first baby.
Fortunately my second pregnancy was a better journey due to the lessons learned all round from the first experience but the aftermath health wise was an absolute tit show!
I wouldn’t change any of it now though as my kids might not be the beautiful people they are now had I done anything differently! Xx

• Heart
Reactions: 24
watching THAT MAN do things to aubergine and cherry tomatoes and spaghetti

mr kcc: ooh, that looks lovely, you'd like that if you gave it a go

me: no, it looks gross. too many vegetables 🥴 *does kerry katona gif face*

mr kcc: well he likes it, he's doing his sausage gif face!

just a typical Monday night for a gemini and aquarius couple. although, of course, we air signs are far too lofty to believe in such nonsense 🙃
I’m an Aquarian, my ex a Gemini and I too would have said gross, too many veg, spooky 🦇

• Heart
Reactions: 13
I HATE it when people say “well at least the baby is OK”. Like women are collateral damage, and it doesn’t matter what happens to them, because only the baby matters.

I’m sorry you had such a traumatic experience. I did too. The “aftercare” was so, so much worse than the care I received in labour, which was great. But that’s fairly typical I think.

I’m glad I tore badly enough to need to be taken to theatre - at least I got an epidural instead of local anaesthetic
Crikey, that sounds horrendous, I hope you're OK now and recovered? I feel for hospital staff and I understand why treatment can be so lacking at times but it's sad when your experience is marred by poor care and support, it can be quite isolating if your experience wasn't plain sailing when everyone around you seems to have gambolled like spring lambs through the meadow of their pregnancies 🤣

Reactions: 13
What about the people who have natural labours. They don't have any drugs and I don't think any of them damage property.

* I know I didn't*
I nearly drowned (had a water birth) 😂 Two puffs of gas and air and I was totally away with the fairies, smol pixies and brambly mice. Head kept slipping into the pool and husband had to keep pulling me up 😂

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 26
I’m surprised she’s not tried a Sticky Rib flavour Pot Noodle before being 90% vegan. I’m not vegan but even I know they’re the best of all the Pot Noodles.

Anyone else excited to see what horrors she “flings” in that Pot Noodle tonight?

It’ll be an egg 😷
My vote is piled between two slices of softy, softy white bread 🤢 no butter obvs.

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 31
Crikey, that sounds horrendous, I hope you're OK now and recovered? I feel for hospital staff and I understand why treatment can be so lacking at times but it's sad when your experience is marred by poor care and support, it can be quite isolating if your experience wasn't plain sailing when everyone around you seems to have gambolled like spring lambs through the meadow of their pregnancies 🤣
Said child is 10 this year, so the awful memories have faded, but it definitely contributed to my postnatal depression. Do still have some physical issues which are unlikely to get better fingers crossed it doesn't turn into incontinence as I get older...

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 21
I had a pot noodle for lunch. Sweet n sour. Lovely. Didn't add anything to it. Can't mess with perfection... 😁

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 26
Wow @Vroo isn’t that just what you wanted to see on your birthday! Hope you’re having a great day, and even though I could source a rowie night or day, it made me a bit patriotic seeing on this here hellsite (jokes!)
You call it a rowie! Shan’t try and cosplay an accent like Jack, but I know toonsers call it a rowie 😂
I’ve still never tried one, and now it’s got to that point where I want to keep the buttery as a mythical enigma because what if I try it and it doesn’t live up to the hype?!

• Heart
Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.