Jack Monroe #169 Please don’t argue about turnips

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Congratulations to @Sideboard Bob for the thread title! 🎉 I think this might be my favourite one 😂 Your prize: a framed print of Turnipbot (who wants to ask him nicely?)

Recap of last thread

1. Her Twitter was reactivated after a night’s break.
  2. The burning issue of what a turnip is brought her back.
  3. Behold her beautiful (rented) garden.
  4. The BBC Big Book Weekend live happened. Bit meh, really. She didn’t know how to pronounce ‘culinary’ until recently. Apparently.
  5. There’s a jungle on her desk. Also ... ‘housemate’.
  6. Cooper likes tarts.
  7. She mentioned her ‘boisterous puppydog ADHD’ and ‘yelled‘ at a photo of a Hyacinth in a bucket.
  8. She deactivated her Twitter. But then reactivated it.
  9. [*]
    Please use the words ‘thread title’ (two separate words) when making a bid for one as it makes it easier to search. Also, try to hold off to the latter part of the thread if possible (after post #500). And remember - no swears are allowed.

New to Jack? Have a look at the wiki.
    [*]

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 110
Excellent recap as ever.

Managed to slice the tip of my finger on a tin of sodding pineapple! (Woolworths own brand, for the record)

• Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 46
Excellent recap as ever.

Managed to slice the tip of my finger on a tin of sodding pineapple! (Woolworths own brand, for the record)
Oh dear, will it require a visit to a&e, you will need to have shiny eye makeup ready
(Hope you are ok)

• Haha
Reactions: 40
sorry, this is completely off topic but it made me think of Jack's boring AF Hyacinth Bucket chat last night. "Go watch some keeping up appearances or something".

Screen Shot 2021-03-22 at 09.34.23.png

Last edited:
  • Wow
  • Heart
Reactions: 43
I hope SB has a lovely birthday today.

She is the oddest of the odd that one.

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 44
If Jack is now deactivating Twitter overnight, what will happen to any political prisoners who need help at 1am? 😭

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 80
A wonderful recap to start the day. Thanks @Pocahontas !

Happiest of birthdays @Vroo

Off to run some errands but will see you all in about 12 minutes 😂

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
I hope SB has a lovely birthday today.

She is the oddest of the odd that one.
I hope SB gets a nice caterpillar cake too, not some slop baked by his mother!

Happy Monday, dear Fraus ♥ and a very happy birthday Aries Club @Vroo

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 42
Just wanted to show off my new avatar.
Were we going to do a star sign poll?
I really enjoy the mini chaos of clueless club, it was a fun way to end a thread lol, plus it really made me feel like part of a proper group, which I rarely get vibes of. I'm mostly making a point of Aries club because there does seem to be a lot of us (coz we rock innit) but also, knowing Jack reads here, just a little winding up, because she's a Pisces. No fish allowed in our club :ROFLMAO: (petty, silly, twattish yes,but, it's tickling me)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 32
@orphanblack my husband is a Pisces along with my brother and his wife. I feel a bit left out sometimes.

ETA I'm a Cancer so I'm a bit sensitive anyway:)

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 21
this might be one of my favourite ever thread titles! thanks fedora-bot

(gemini here - according to my astrology friend i am the most gemini of geminis)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 27
Happy birthday to birthday fraus today and belated birthday wishes to those who celebrated over the weekend!

It's mine tomorrow, so I'm Aries and so is Mr CWH (which apparently should be disastrous but we seem to cancel each other out)

The real question is, do I enhance my 2nd lockdown birthday with the nhsxted talk?! It surely can't top going into the first national lockdown on my 30th (not the type of memorable day I was hoping for)

• Heart
Reactions: 31
@orphanblack my husband is a Pisces along with my brother and his wife. I feel a bit left out sometimes.

ETA I'm a Cancer so I'm a bit sensitive anyway:)
Awh, I've got nothing against Pisces. I just don't like Jack! hahahahaha! Come little crab, you can ride on the back of the rams, use your little pincers to hold on tight!

(I'll stop now! :ROFLMAO: Don't want to derail the thread with nonsense, as I am in a curious mood today...)

• Haha
Reactions: 26
Happy birthday to birthday fraus today and belated birthday wishes to those who celebrated over the weekend!

It's mine tomorrow, so I'm Aries and so is Mr CWH (which apparently should be disastrous but we seem to cancel each other out)

The real question is, do I enhance my 2nd lockdown birthday with the nhsxted talk?! It surely can't top going into the first national lockdown on my 30th (not the type of memorable day I was hoping for)
Happy birthday for tomorrow!

Don’t we have to donate for the NHS thing (which I am all for but could increase risk of 🔺)?

Any ideas?

Reactions: 16
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.