Jack Monroe #168 Darling, bit gauche

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Wasn’t that “bite” out of the first pic too?- edit ignored the minging custard bit (sorry)

so just a crumb has fallen off the crust then?

Not got enough dopamine yet Jack, need some more?

Change your lifestyle- get outside, do different things.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 35
I made a pilgrimage to Buckfast Abbey once. They keep so quiet about the drink you'd never know they made it. The gift shop is full of handmade lavender soaps and printed tea towels. The only clue is the café serves a "tonic wine trifle" that is more luridly pink than Jack's sunlight.
Does anyone else know the age old saying that my old school mates used to say

" Buckfast makes you duck fast"

Another antidote for you to share from your homeland petal.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 50
Our discussion re: tonic wine must be very triggering for our dear Jack. Apologies.

• Haha
Reactions: 25
i was thinking that. I’m not a forensic cat scientist (Omg cats in lab coats!) but none of mine just take a front tooth chomp like that
I think it's the Jackquivalent of a Kardashian-Jenner putting a mountain of salt over the food left on her plate that she doesn't intend to eat.

• Sad
  • Wow
Reactions: 33
Does anyone else know the age old saying that my old school mates used to say

" Buckfast makes you duck fast"

Another antidote for you to share from your homeland petal.
I remember this 😂 bit gauche for my schoolmates though.

• Haha
Reactions: 28
I remember this 😂 bit gauche for my schoolmates though.
I went to quite a rough school and I didn't fit in. They were all very into underage sex and park drinking. I wasn't into that life.

• Heart
Reactions: 26
She lies about the weirdest stuff. Rather than just saying “oh I didn’t know that plant is toxic to cats, thanks I’ll get rid” she has to create a web of lies involving forbidden rooms, adult-height locks whatever those are and some kind of police approved advanced anti-burglar anti cat plant protection system. Just say cool cheers and get rid of the bleeping plant you plank 🙄

I have cats AND plants but before I buy the plant I just use this thing called Google and type in “is X plant toxic to cats”. So weird but it TELLS you what is safe and what isn’t, and if the plant isn’t safe then you DON’T BUY IT. Jeeeebus it’s exhausting.
HOOTING at this. Grunking and loving this elaborate bullcrap story of crapness with the mythical crap thrown in for good measure

• Haha
Reactions: 26
Visiting Japan in Cherry Blossom season is one of my life goals. 🥰🌸

And to keep things on topic, Tokyo is also 5919.93 miles from Southend-on-Sea, so that’s a plus.
Alnwick gardens has a massive great white cherry orchard - it’s supposed to be wonderful but I’ve never been there at the right time. I need to wait a few years for Miss V to be a better age but I will get back to Japan.

• Heart
Reactions: 34
Mancbee dear heart, you mentioned your dissertation yesterday about condensation. Sorry to go off topic as I have no way to message you but I live in a flat and wee sometimes have condensation issues. Would u recommend a dry master at all?
Off topic
Dehumidifiers are an excellent quick and cost efficient way of combatting condensation. They are especially good in flats where other solutions are not easy to install. Don't believe the people that say they are expensive to run, they are no more expensive than a fridge.

I would recommend a compressor model, rather than a desiccant (so long as you are not using it in an unheated room). They are more expensive to buy, but are much cheaper to run.

Back to Jack, I missed the live, but it doesn't sound like I missed much.

• Heart
Reactions: 56
It’s a lovely place! They make beautiful honey and soaps. The wine isn’t their selling point for the English market, I believe most of their sales are Scotland and NI! I live about 20miles away 🔺 and pass it on the a38 often. I think I’m overdue a visit (I do love a handmade soap!)
Scotland, NI and ROI. I heard there was an offy somewhere in Ireland that used to take the names of youngsters buying it, in case there was trouble in town later!

The story of the Buckfast bees is fascinating - Brother Adam saved English bees by cross-breeding them with continental breeds after the natives fell foul of some awful disease. Italian bees don't do too well on these islands, apparently, because they refuse to go out if it is rainy!

Last edited:
  • Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 31
Off topic
Dehumidifiers are an excellent quick and cost efficient way of combatting condensation. They are especially good in flats where other solutions are not easy to install. Don't believe the people that say they are expensive to run, they are no more expensive than a fridge.

I would recommend a compressor model, rather than a desiccant (so long as you are not using it in an unheated room). They are more expensive to buy, but are much cheaper to run.

Back to Jack, I missed the live, but it doesn't sound like I missed much.
Thanks for the response xx

Reactions: 18
Scotland, NI and ROI. I heard there was an offy somewhere in Ireland that used to take the names of youngsters buying it, in case there was trouble in town later!

The story of the Buckfast bees is fascinating - Brother Anselm saved English bees by cross-breeding them with continental breeds after the natives fell foul of some awful disease. Italian bees don't do too well on these islands, apparently, because they refuse to go out if it is rainy!
I know nothing about the buckfast bees! Fascinated now. When I was a teenager I remember thinking the monks in an abbey was made up bollocks. It was only when lockdown happened and they posted about ceasing production and I looked at their website and realised that was all real which was an eye opener!!

• Haha
Reactions: 28
A squiggle is going on about their cat stealing HCB and mince pies.

My cat (and now my dog) wasn’t allowed anywhere near grapes or raisins so if the squiggles are this clueless about pet care then Jack is free to let poor Cooper play among whatever plants he chooses without comment.

😞

• Sad
Reactions: 33
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.