Jack Monroe #168 Darling, bit gauche

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
How on earth are you going to explain the pear chicken dish?! He’s going to think you made that ... out of choice! 😂
I haven’t got that far yet. We are having a few drinks this afternoon and he has got some buckfast in so I don’t think I’m the one who will need to do any explaining later!

thats a fab idea. BUT what will you do with the leftover chippy chips once they’ve been frozen?
What kind of monster are you. Who has leftover chippy chips?

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 43
You don’t need to nibble, you can smell it from huge distance
Aye. If you're not sure if it's wild garlic, it isn't wild garlic (inspired by my bird guide that says: if you're not sure if you're watching a buzzard or an eagle, it definitely is a buzzard).

• Haha
Reactions: 28
I haven’t got that far yet. We are having a few drinks this afternoon and he has got some buckfast in so I don’t think I’m the one who will need to do any explaining later!

What kind of monster are you. Who has leftover chippy chips?
The Abbey is quite near me, blew my tiny mind 😂🔺 I find it hilarious it’s so popular back home. It’s really not here. The Eg even had a Bucky bar at one point!

• Haha
Reactions: 14
Look it might be the fact I have had a couple of drinks but I am convinced my pear upside down chicken isn’t going to taste that bad. I think even before I substituted the pineapple for pears it was a bit of a random mush mash of flavours but compared to the stuffing soup that one of our other dear hearts had to try I think I have got off lightly!

The Abbey is quite near me, blew my tiny mind 😂🔺 I find it hilarious it’s so popular back home. It’s really not here. The Eg even had a Bucky bar at one point!
Do you remember when laverys used to have the buckfast menu in the old back bar (well before the expansion) when it was tiny. They used to have a blender and make buckshakes!

• Haha
  • Wow
Look it might be the fact I have had a couple of drinks but I am convinced my pear upside down chicken isn’t going to taste that bad. I think even before I substituted the pineapple for pears it was a bit of a random mush mash of flavours but compared to the stuffing soup that one of our other dear hearts had to try I think I have got off lightly!
Pear is great in a beef short rib stew with Korean spices.

Reactions: 12
Thoughts canal.

Tuesday’s TEDxNHS thing seems to require a donation which is is worrying regarding 🔺.

Can any of us bear 3 lives in a week? Probably not.

Each chaos/live/pre-live chaos seems to detrimentally affect a lot of us, how much more can we take?

maybe we should all find some floofy green stuff near us and stroke it like a pet.

• Haha
Reactions: 29
Will I ever be able to watch it, or has it slipped into the ether?
I suspect there’s a discussion going on at the bbc regarding whether they make it available, and for once I don’t think it will be Jacks abysmal performance that’s the reason.

• Sad
  • Haha
Reactions: 33
Grifters gotta grift.

I genuinely watched 5 mins of this and am annoyed my over priced licence fee is paying for this crap. Give me Ina Garten or THAT MAN or Gordon Ramsey even any day.

I love Monica off professional master chef too
Love Monica - only watch the amazing hotels thing because she’s on it.

Reactions: 23
Love Monica - only watch the amazing hotels thing because she’s on it.
I love the look she gives when some cocky male chef fucks something up. Because it is a very male dominated industry you bet she has had to work hard to get that respect.
What’s the amazing hotels thing? Which channel?

• Heart
Reactions: 22

Do you remember when laverys used to have the buckfast menu in the old back bar (well before the expansion) when it was tiny. They used to have a blender and make buckshakes!
Ahhh yes! In my drunken states coming across Bucky I’d tell everyone in earshot it is made by ACTUAL MONKS. Like REAL MONKS. Tres niche. When did Lavs expand? I haven’t been there in about 9 years. Here’s another one for your Norn Iron dictionary Jack- yeooooooo!

• Haha
Reactions: 21
I missed it! Was at the garden centre, nearly bought some wild garlic.

Love all the resting witch faces screen shots.

If it’s made available, is it worth watching? Or should I thank my lucky stars.

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Ahhh yes! In my drunken states coming across Bucky I’d tell everyone in earshot it is made by ACTUAL MONKS. Like REAL MONKS. Tres niche. When did Lavs expand? I haven’t been there in about 9 years. Here’s another one for your Norn Iron dictionary Jack- yeooooooo!
Not wanting to 🔼 too much but they did a refurb when the smoking ban happened around 2003-2005 can’t remember exactly and that was when they built the first small beer garden. Now the whole place is massive and they have a whol area on the roof of the pool room and out the back entry and everywhere. They have about 4 beer garden bars now.

obviously they have been closed for a year so not sure when they will be open again.

• Heart
Reactions: 15
I love the look she gives when some cocky male chef fucks something up. Because it is a very male dominated industry you bet she has had to work hard to get that respect.
What’s the amazing hotels thing? Which channel?
It’s on bbc iPlayer. Monica and Giles Coren go to some absolutely fabulous hotels. They walk around and stay in great rooms but they also then go behind the scenes and work. Monica goes to the kitchen, Giles does lots of other jobs. Is an awful waiter, surprisingly inspired flower arranger. He isn’t too unbearable in it, probably because Monica wouldn’t put up with him. Sorry OT

• Heart
Reactions: 23
I’m really rubbish at ss, but she has posted a story on Insta and an identical pic on twitter but with a different caption.

She is eating custard tarts that I want to smush in her smug face.

• Haha
  • Wow
Not wanting to 🔼 too much but they did a refurb when the smoking ban happened around 2003-2005 can’t remember exactly and that was when they built the first small beer garden. Now the whole place is massive and they have a whol area on the roof of the pool room and out the back entry and everywhere. They have about 4 beer garden bars now.

obviously they have been closed for a year so not sure when they will be open again.
I remember the small beer garden but the place was still pokey.
Ahhh I’m having serious FOMO for going to beer gardens and drinking cider in the sun with friends right now. This lockdown got me like 🤯

• Heart
Reactions: 17
why did that turn into a competition for who can go the longest without eating. I’m not easily offended tbh but I found that pretty disgusting
Urgh can we please stop giving time and money to this gross stuff please?? There's already enough pressure on people, especially women, to stress about their diets without all of this competitive bs.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 39
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.