Jack Monroe #164 I say, has anybody seen my girlfriend's scarf?

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Of all the things to boil my piss, that student cooking Guardian article has me tampin fumin ragin.

Superior little snot. Have a Supernoodle pitta and STFU.
WTF, i invented supernoodle pittas as a student in 1998:mad:

I shall calm myself in the knowledge that even other students are probably too refined to add salad cream to theirs.

• Haha
Reactions: 30
Maybe this is a silly q, but is there actually a vigil at 6pm today? And was it only organised at 4pm this afternoon which was why Jack didn't cancel until then?

The sheer brass neck on her.

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 52
Ffs. Did you hear the one about the chicken and the upside down pineapple? Nah, me neither. ;D

soooooooo disappointed.

• Haha
Reactions: 32
Maybe this is a silly q, but is there actually a vigil tonight at 6pm today? And was it only organised at 4pm this afternoon which was why Jack didn't cancel until then?

Whereā€™s the piece of paper?

Reactions: 9
Maybe this is a silly q, but is there actually a vigil tonight at 6pm today? And was it only organised at 4pm this afternoon which was why Jack didn't cancel until then?

I donā€™t think itā€™s actually a vigil, it seems to me to be a protest against the policing bill because itā€™s being debated on (maybe voted on I canā€™t quite tell) tonight. So sheā€™s half right, as normal.

It seems to have only gained traction on Twitter about 4 hours ago so my assumption is she was bricking it, saw that and jumped on an out. If my theory about DM being mostly Europe is right, theyā€™d likely take her word for it rather than risk going ahead and causing offence (especially with her likely having put them in a position to have to decide there and then because of the short timescale rather than research.)

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 34
What am I going to do with my upside down vegan chicken and tin of Del Monte pineapple now? I've been practicing my handstands all week. How RUDE.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 55
I donā€™t think itā€™s actually a vigil, it seems to me to be a protest against the policing bill because itā€™s being debated on (maybe voted on I canā€™t quite tell) tonight. So sheā€™s half right, as normal.

It seems to have only gained traction on Twitter about 4 hours ago so my assumption is she was bricking it, saw that and jumped on an out. If my theory about DM being mostly Europe is right, theyā€™d likely take her word for it rather than risk going ahead and causing offence.
Wow. Just wow.

Reactions: 25
Also just for good record keeping and future readers: the event at 6pm at Parliament Square tonight is being organised by Sisters Uncut. They are describing it as a ā€œdemoā€ not a vigil. This is predominantly against the proposed policing bill that is likely to affect protest rights. Of course this has been triggered by the awful death of Sarah Everard, but tonights event is not in her name. It is not a memorial or vigil.

Official Tweet from Sisters Uncut is bordering on contempt of court in my opinion (discussing previous criminal history of the defendant) so I wonā€™t be attaching it to the post.

• Wow
  • Angry
Reactions: 51
Well I'm going to look quite the ninny tomorrow with my spoiled, brown and floppy flacid fruit hat.

duck you Jack, duck you.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 106
What? I checked the page in anticipation...I was looking forward to my first live date with the cabal, I unplugged the phone, I showered šŸ”ŗ, and now this??

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 46
Such a disappointment but entirely predictable- even Mr v commented ā€˜are you surprised about thisā€™ when I passed on the sad news of the rescheduled event. šŸ„ŗ

• Haha
Reactions: 38
Official Tweet from Sisters Uncut is bordering on contempt of court in my opinion (discussing previous criminal history of the defendant) so I wonā€™t be attaching it to the post.
I'm so worried about the trial collapsing due to this and other speculation on social media, it would be a disaster if it did (you can bet any legal defence team is trawling Twitter for information that would help their cause).

Quelle bleeping Surprise about Jack not doing her video tonight, what bizarre reasoning.

• Heart
Reactions: 43
Absolutely fuming here. Going to have to return to my rewatch of LoD series 5 and the worst accent to ever appear on any TV programme.

• Haha
Reactions: 24
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.