Jack Monroe #162 She slightly undercooked her pasta and lost her slot

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She's got nothing on right now. Desperate for somebody to hire her or to grab work off the back of a young woman's murder - any cash will do.

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 41
@waffle maker So sorry to read this.
I found it tough enough being 200 miles away from the family when my mum died so can only start to think how tough it is.
Do whatever you need to, evaluate that daily, and don't be too hard on yourself.

Now I've offered unsolicited advice, feel free to tell me to sod right off x

• Heart
Reactions: 33
Going back a little bit now, can I just saw what a huge missed opportunity it was to say gammonoes instead of gammonimoes? Still stupid but a bit funnier

• Haha
Reactions: 28
My dad died suddenly this morning- we were expecting him to gradually recover from his stroke and go home to mum, but he had a heart attack in the care home and they couldn’t revive him. He liked to argue with people online about local politics. He thought anyone who disagreed with him was a troll, like Jack does. He was a massive Tory though.

There’s nothing to do as I can’t travel to the UK because of quarantine etc. I feel a bit weird scrolling through Tattle but what are you supposed to do? The new normal is rubbish.
Modern life is rubbish. There are no right and wrong things to do, and whatever helps and works. We have as a family made up our own stuff over the years and made a kind of shrine for my Dad with candles and pictures which seemed to help my kids accept what is to them a very abstract concept. Although, when told we would get something to remember Grandad by my youngest (then5) asked for his head

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 41
And I’m sorry to hear your sad news @waffle maker, I’m sure anything you do at the moment will feel strange and not quite right so don’t feel bad about getting through it any way you can xx

• Heart
Reactions: 26
My dad died suddenly this morning- we were expecting him to gradually recover from his stroke and go home to mum, but he had a heart attack in the care home and they couldn’t revive him. He liked to argue with people online about local politics. He thought anyone who disagreed with him was a troll, like Jack does. He was a massive Tory though.

There’s nothing to do as I can’t travel to the UK because of quarantine etc. I feel a bit weird scrolling through Tattle but what are you supposed to do? The new normal is rubbish.
I am very sorry for your loss, dear wafflemaker. That is a double difficult situation to be in.

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Don't know if this has been mentioned before, an interview for Radio 5.

I can't stand her voice so haven't really listened to much of her tit, I dipped in and out, as did her wobbly vocal intonation ...

It seems to be the same old same old, including one bit where she claims she was £3000 in debt thanks to bank charges. She then goes on to have a Last Laugh moment at the same bank when they invite her to take out a mortgage after her first book deal.

And it opens with something about mashed slop in baby food jars
🤨 🙄

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 38
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.