Jack Monroe #162 She slightly undercooked her pasta and lost her slot

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
In her defense, she's not the only one. Everyone on Twitter is at it right now. It's sickening.
This made me remember an article I read a while ago of someone argueing we are now (spiritually) like the Peep Show episode where everybody in the show is making Gerrard’s death about themselves. The occasion was the Notre Dam fires, but it happends with some many thing, like now with Everard's case.

(Just reread it and it's not as great an article as I remember perhaps. But I remember with the Notre Dam the urge for everyone and their dog to project their own things -agendas, beliefs, anxieties on that. Same happening now)

Reactions: 24
Jack co-opting this tragedy to write something about herself is the equivalent of that political aide who said 9/11 was a 'good day to bury bad news,' utterly vile, what a ghoul. If you have a burning hole in your chest, take some Gaviscon, have a famous nap and finish your bleeping book.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 39
My dad died suddenly this morning- we were expecting him to gradually recover from his stroke and go home to mum, but he had a heart attack in the care home and they couldn’t revive him. He liked to argue with people online about local politics. He thought anyone who disagreed with him was a troll, like Jack does. He was a massive Tory though.

There’s nothing to do as I can’t travel to the UK because of quarantine etc. I feel a bit weird scrolling through Tattle but what are you supposed to do? The new normal is rubbish.
Hi Waffle, this made me laugh and cry, it resonated so hard.
Sending so much love to you.❤

• Heart
Reactions: 23
Hahaha wrong newspaper. I know we all make mistakes in the heat of the moment but this is just making me laugh so hard. Pure Jack.
One day, dear mainecoonmama I shall be able to converse with you directly.
I try
till I die
No cry

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 23
On a grunk so not sure where this will land. She’s a triggering tit, if someone is suffering then let it be their story not yours Jack. My dad died very speedily from cancer just 3 years ago now and I can quite honestly do without her worrying people for clicks about cancer, it’s one of the things you don’t duck about with. I also can’t believe she’s fishing for clicks in regards to poor Sarah Everard, if there was a time when both of these situations are not about you - it’s now. No one wants your cold takes on anything.

• Heart
Reactions: 58
They are still on her instagram, just scroll back a bit.

I will most likely not watch her live. For some reason lives on instagram / facebook creep me out, and I don't cope well with second hand embarrassment.
Oh my god are they actually?!? Not to be overly dramatic or anything but you've literally saved my week right now. Give me a few mins to 🔺️ you and I'll send you some daffodil slop as a thankyou

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
Really sorry to hear that, @waffle maker. These are weird messed up times, there's no right way to react or guidelines to follow so scroll Tattle, or talk to people you care about, cry, don't cry, spend your time counting chairs, whatever helps. Thoughts with you and yours <3

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.