Jack Monroe #162 She slightly undercooked her pasta and lost her slot

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
My dad died suddenly this morning- we were expecting him to gradually recover from his stroke and go home to mum, but he had a heart attack in the care home and they couldn’t revive him. He liked to argue with people online about local politics. He thought anyone who disagreed with him was a troll, like Jack does. He was a massive Tory though.

There’s nothing to do as I can’t travel to the UK because of quarantine etc. I feel a bit weird scrolling through Tattle but what are you supposed to do? The new normal is rubbish.
Oh Waffle, nothing is right or wrong at this moment. Everything is tit. Sending lots of love ❤❤

• Heart
Reactions: 34
My dad died suddenly this morning- we were expecting him to gradually recover from his stroke and go home to mum, but he had a heart attack in the care home and they couldn’t revive him. He liked to argue with people online about local politics. He thought anyone who disagreed with him was a troll, like Jack does. He was a massive Tory though.

There’s nothing to do as I can’t travel to the UK because of quarantine etc. I feel a bit weird scrolling through Tattle but what are you supposed to do? The new normal is rubbish.
Sending you & your family all the love possible right now. I’m so sorry that there are so many obstructions preventing you from grieving in the usual way at the moment. I hope today (and in the coming days) you can hug your partner and daughters close & remember or celebrate your father in which ever way you need to.

• Heart
Reactions: 36

I am so sorry to hear this Waffle. Sending lots of love your way.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
I hope she doesn't try to justify her article, if it gets picked up by an outlet, by saying she will make a donation or donate her fee to a charity like Women's Aid.
And I really hope, like everyone else, she reconsiders this 'piece' as she simply will not be able to avoid making it all about herself. And nothing she says can be remotely relevant in this case. How can it be?

And agree the 'put the kettle on' comment is just :sick:. Implies such relish about the whole thing. Grim.
I have likened her to liz Jones previously. It's a long time ago but if she does try and do her own story based on this horrific incident she is definitely in the liz Jones arena. I really hope she reads here and realises what a bad idea it is.

• Wow
  • Sad
Reactions: 27
Waffle I am so so sorry. Like others have said do what you can at the moment.

tit doesn’t even come close to expressing what this time is for people who are experiencing loss.

❤

• Heart
Reactions: 25

So sorry to hear this Waffle ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 22
Sending lots of socially distanced hugs to you and your family @waffle maker . So sorry to hear of your loss, your Dad sounds like a great character,

• Heart
Reactions: 21
[everything to do with Sarah Everard is very very sad . What I find just as upsetting is that another poor lady and daughter went missing and murdered over the weekend but for various reasons this has not been reported widely. All murders and sex driven crimes committed against anyone are despicable, but to insert yourself into this is a really low move]

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 49
She's genuinely making a murder about her, how low can you stoop
She has to insert herself into every awful, tragic incident out there. She doesn’t do empathy. She’s a ghoul. It’s like she scours the news looking for something to put herself into the middle of. The cancer tweet yesterday was truly unpleasant, let’s not forget the triggering photo a while a ago.

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 34

Sorry for your loss Waffle. Scrolling Tattle is just fine if it's a helpful distraction for you ❤.

• Heart
Reactions: 30

So sorry for your loss. I can’t imagine how awful it must be for you not to able to comfort and receive comfort from your mum and family.

• Heart
So sorry @waffle maker 💕

• Heart
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.