Jack Monroe #162 She slightly undercooked her pasta and lost her slot

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I hope she doesn't try to justify her article, if it gets picked up by an outlet, by saying she will make a donation or donate her fee to a charity like Women's Aid.
And I really hope, like everyone else, she reconsiders this 'piece' as she simply will not be able to avoid making it all about herself. And nothing she says can be remotely relevant in this case. How can it be?

And agree the 'put the kettle on' comment is just :sick:. Implies such relish about the whole thing. Grim.

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 59
And agree the 'put the kettle on' comment is just :sick:. Implies such relish about the whole thing. Grim.
She relishes in the opportunity to rattle the tip jar/centre the discussion around her experience/gain respect from people in power who have no idea who she is (pick and choose any or all)

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 33
My dad died suddenly this morning- we were expecting him to gradually recover from his stroke and go home to mum, but he had a heart attack in the care home and they couldn’t revive him. He liked to argue with people online about local politics. He thought anyone who disagreed with him was a troll, like Jack does. He was a massive Tory though.

There’s nothing to do as I can’t travel to the UK because of quarantine etc. I feel a bit weird scrolling through Tattle but what are you supposed to do? The new normal is rubbish.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 213
My dad died suddenly this morning- we were expecting him to gradually recover from his stroke and go home to mum, but he had a heart attack in the care home and they couldn’t revive him. He liked to argue with people online about local politics. He thought anyone who disagreed with him was a troll, like Jack does. He was a massive Tory though.

There’s nothing to do as I can’t travel to the UK because of quarantine etc. I feel a bit weird scrolling through Tattle but what are you supposed to do? The new normal is rubbish.
im very sorry to hear that. It is incredibly rubbish that we can’t do all the things we would normally do during grief - usually see all our loved ones. Do take care. Hopefully we can have a chaos to laugh about soon as all the news is very sad today.

• Heart
Reactions: 38

I'm so sorry to hear this, waffle. My thoughts are with you and your family - sending lots of love xx

• Heart
Reactions: 31
Jack is why people come to hate identity politics. People like her give the right wingers fuel to discredit people who genuinely live with dysphoria. She can identify into women’s oppression when she fancies (ie. to make money), but identify out of it as non-binary when it’s convenient (ie. to make money).

It’s exactly the same as pretending to be poor and working class when Patreon numbers are dropping, or there’s a dinner party anecdote to be embroidered, but also identifying as middle class to mark yourself out from The Other Poors™️.

I genuinely wish we didn’t need to be cynical of how people portray themselves and that we could uncritically adopt the “all identities are valid” model, but people like her are the reason we need to question dark motives, IMO. It’s a tragedy for people who just want to live an authentic life that liars and grifters appropriate all kinds of oppression.
She's completely inauthentic, not aligned with anyone or anything.
All her causes are flash in the pan (scuse the pun).
She changes gender and pronouns like other people change their socks. She's so adolescent. I reckon this iis partly why she doesn't get the big gigs, people maybe distrust her inauthenticity?
Plus of course a loose Canon, but not big name enough or engaging enough to make her a risk worth taking.
Real TV characters might appear to be outspoken and out of control but deep down they know how to play the game properly.
I still can't get over her calling herself a left wing journo at every opportunity and then later on changing to say she's a centrist.
(slight exaggeration, it doesn't keep me awake at night!)

• Heart
Reactions: 29

Oh Waffle, I’m so sorry. Like you said, what are you supposed to do? If you stay off here because it’s not whats ‘right’ but then what do you do, just face complex feelings silently? The new normal is totally rubbish ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 39

So very, very sorry for your loss. I think you just have to do whatever you need at times like these. My thoughts are with you and your family x

• Heart
Reactions: 27

I'm so sorry. Losing a parent is obviously dreadful at any time, but even harder when you feel stuck and can't go to see family. Thinking of you x

• Heart
Reactions: 30

I'm so so sorry. It's difficult when you're far away. Take care of yourself and your family.

• Heart
Reactions: 24

So sorry for your loss xx

• Heart
Reactions: 23

Bless you waffle maker. I am terribly sorry for your loss. Take care of yourself and it doesn't matter how you spend this time as long as it helps you stay sane.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.