Jack Monroe #162 She slightly undercooked her pasta and lost her slot

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm really sorry Waffle, it must be tit to be so far away at a time like this.

As a lighthearted aside (I'm not even going to address the coming gender shitstorm) I was scrolling through the sidebar of shame yesterday (yeah, I know), and when I saw this photo, I thought our smol pixie had got herself into some mischief!

plane.jpg

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 40
Yes to sex based violence - what I don’t understand how Jack can justify is, if she’s using the horrific and tragic death of a young cis woman to do a piece on trans women.... surely this is bad what abouttery? I don’t know and I’m open to being educated, I promise this is not coming from a bigoted place and I do not want to offend. Trans women (and all trans ppl) are murdered at disproportionate rates, why not speak about one of those horrific crimes when they happen? She’s not once in the year we’ve #forensically analysed her? It’s evident why not because they (sadly) do not receive this level of coverage. The only way Jack can get booked and paid is by pinning herself onto a horrific national news story.
Dear, you are trying to find logic in JMs doings where there is none! (cynical mode, not genuinely lecturing you)...She digs in her big basket of labels, victimhood, identity politics to construct any kind of story that suits her narrative which gets her maximum attention. And she is shameless. There really must be something missing.

• Sad
Reactions: 31
Dear, you are trying to find logic in JMs doings where there is none! (cynical mode, not genuinely lecturing you)...She digs in her big basket of labels, victimhood, identity politics to construct any kind of story that suits her narrative which gets her maximum attention. And she is shameless. There really must be something missing.

The saddest thing is, in imo, is there are so many JM types out there. Jack is just semi famous, but, I know many people who are just as bad at labelling themselves to the hottest bandwagon, self diagnosing themselves with a multitude of non existent maladies, screaming oppression and wanting to be a perpetual victim. I can't bleeping stand any of them.

Honestly makes my piss boil, although, I'm not drinking a slow cooker worth of tea every day, so not much piss to boil! :ROFLMAO:

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 37
My dad died suddenly this morning- we were expecting him to gradually recover from his stroke and go home to mum, but he had a heart attack in the care home and they couldn’t revive him. He liked to argue with people online about local politics. He thought anyone who disagreed with him was a troll, like Jack does. He was a massive Tory though.

There’s nothing to do as I can’t travel to the UK because of quarantine etc. I feel a bit weird scrolling through Tattle but what are you supposed to do? The new normal is rubbish.
Oh, I am so sorry to hear that 😢. Sending love ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 24
I could probably write Jack's 'scathing essay' for her (anyone here could). It will begin with her howling and clawing at the floor then launch into 'I am the same age as Sarah' and a rehash of all the abuse she has suffered + the destitution. Possibly she will include some trans stuff and how she fought the oppressive patriarchy.

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 56
I could probably write Jack's 'scathing essay' for her (anyone here could). It will begin with her howling and clawing at the floor then launch into 'I am the same age as Sarah' and a rehash of all the abuse she has suffered + the destitution. Possibly she will include some trans stuff and how she fought the oppressive patriarchy.
I hope she gets metaphorically crucified is she does. It's sick. Sarah's life and death is nothing to Jack. Just another soap box to add to her Jenga tower of narcissistic bullshit.

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 48
My dad died suddenly this morning- we were expecting him to gradually recover from his stroke and go home to mum, but he had a heart attack in the care home and they couldn’t revive him. He liked to argue with people online about local politics. He thought anyone who disagreed with him was a troll, like Jack does. He was a massive Tory though.

There’s nothing to do as I can’t travel to the UK because of quarantine etc. I feel a bit weird scrolling through Tattle but what are you supposed to do? The new normal is rubbish.
So very sorry for your loss @waffle maker ....my dad died very suddenly years ago, with no one around, when I was only 20 and still miss him so very much- I so wished I could have been there to tell him I loved him
be kind to yourself and hope you have loads of support around you xx

• Heart
Reactions: 36
When is The Great Cookalong, Cabal? I want to make sure I buy every pineapple in the supermarket to prevent epic fails on a mass scale...

• Haha
Reactions: 31
@SoulRebel Don’t forget the working in a nightclub pouring shots stuff which will be 50% “gosh wasn’t I hot, look here’s a photo I found in the attic” and 50% “traumatised by drunk, leering men seeing me only as an object of desire”.

• Sick
  • Sad
Reactions: 45
@SoulRebel Don’t forget the working in a nightclub pouring shots stuff which will be 50% “gosh wasn’t I hot, look here’s a photo I found in the attic” and 50% “traumatised by drunk, leering men seeing me only as an object of desire”.
The same woman who talked about stalking blokes to pull, whilst posting social media shots of herself with clown bleep make up and bras for tops. She's a bleeping hypocrite in every way possible.

• Sad
  • Sick
Reactions: 24
NB I believe women should wear exactly what they want to and still feel safe from male attenation, and from being branded as a ‘slut’ or ‘bleep’.

• Heart
Reactions: 36
When did they remove their pronouns from their bio? Up until recently is was she/they wasn’t it?

Reactions: 29
Do we think she may have changed her mind? Its a good 6 or 7 hours since she told us to put the kettle on - my brew has gone cold. Maybe I shouldv'e got the slow cooker out.

• Haha
Reactions: 43
Maybe no paper wants to pay for it? I’m sure they’ve all been inundated with hot takes from better writers.

• Heart
Reactions: 29
NB I believe women should wear exactly what they want to and still feel safe from male attenation, and from being branded as a ‘slut’ or ‘bleep’.
There's wearing what you want, looking how you want, and doing what you want, that's great.

Jack, however publicly sought out the leering men, and again, nothing wrong with that, it's the hypocrisy that annoys me. She wants her bread buttered on both sides!

ETA: just want to apologise in case my initial comment came across as slut shaming, wasn't my intention, you just have to be authentic and own your actions, which Jack does not. ♥

• Heart
Reactions: 32
If she makes this all about herself in the way it sounds like she’s about to, I think she’ll deeply regret it.

Looking at her quote retweets already as kachoochoo said is a taste of the reactions she’s going to get and I can see her “hot take” going viral in a way she really doesn’t want and I don’t think she is equipped to cope with if she thinks what we say on here is abuse and harassment.
I actually hope this does backfire onto Jack Monroe, it's the least she deserves.

Reactions: 28
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.