Jack Monroe #162 She slightly undercooked her pasta and lost her slot

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
If she makes this all about herself in the way it sounds like she’s about to, I think she’ll deeply regret it.

Looking at her quote retweets already as kachoochoo said is a taste of the reactions she’s going to get and I can see her “hot take” going viral in a way she really doesn’t want and I don’t think she is equipped to cope with if she thinks what we say on here is abuse and harassment.

• Heart
Reactions: 43
Don't want to tit on her parade but why doesn't she get a teas made then She can set an alarm for every hour and hot tea will be made fresh to order. I have one and it's a god send. Sometimes I set it throughout the day of Im super busy and have tea ready to pour with minimal effort.

Also please someone talk her our if talking about that poor girl, you don't know what she went through mainly because no one really knows yet.

Do some cleaning and watch some reruns of this morning to prepare for you're big fruit tit show.
Prepare for your big fruit tit show = #thread title nomination (is that ok? we're almost at 500 posts)

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 28
I actually feel quite sick. I haven't read about this case, but I get the gist - and I'm just going to say that Jack, and every other Twitterhead who wants to use this to performatively score points, should back the duck down.

Sarah Everard's family and friends have lost someone from their lives. That's terrible - and it's so much worse when she becomes a trending topic, and all the things she was in her life are reduced to nothing and replaced by the manner of her death.

Jack et al - out of respect for those who knew her, please shut the duck up.

• Heart
Reactions: 68
When I saw her ‘Thanks’ to blue ticker Jay Rayner, it made me feel angry. I was unsure if it was just because Jack irritates me and I was being unfair to be annoyed by her ‘thanks‘.
You have both articulated exactly why this was infuriating, this place really does often articulate my thoughts in a clear and succinct manner!
I thought Jay Rayners tweet was genuine and tbh I really liked it. It hit the right tone at the time anyway. He was acknowledging that he understands how it can be given he is a big bloke etc. if he is walking behind a female. There’s only so much people can do // say as this isn’t on forefront of any of our minds every minute of every day and we are all shocked and saddened beyond belief about this case. This week actually I’ve nearly deleted all my socials as the H&M thing and now this has just made my head implode. Also the 1% pay rise thing for NHS staff has made me a bit confused because actually as an NHS worker I just feel so grateful to have a secure job and wish the country could all work together to support everyone in dire need and struggling. SM is so rife with “commentators” but we can all be the same at times and it’s just timing does your head in reading some stuff sometimes. The world is just truly tit. Sorry if this doesn’t make sense 😕

• Heart
Reactions: 44
Marcus is tweeting about FSM again. She will be jumping into that to try to insert herself and will forget all about her new article.

Reactions: 29
I actually feel quite sick.
I’ve felt quite sick too - this awful feeling of foreboding. Is it more shocking because we’re in lockdown? Or that the news is practically playing out in real time? That’s before we even add in the suspect is a cop.

Jacktopic - DON’T

• Sad
Reactions: 32
I am getting so tired of the twitter outrage machine which Jack gleefully feeds (I know she's not the only one).

I feel like we are losing our humanity and ability to think and instead just spinning endlessly through meaningless cycles of rage and outrage.

A woman is dead, presumably killed and that is horrific, and it is understandable that people are using social media to respond to that and process it.

What we don't need is Jack and her ilk mining it for content and putting out some horrendously overblown attention seeking blog post where she once again centres herself. Look at her bragging about how powerful her post is going to be, and getting ready to spend a day or two battling with people on twitter.

It's beyond pathetic and helps no-one but Jack's incessant need for attention. She's sick.

The book must be done and handed in if she's time for all this.

• Heart
Reactions: 56
Can all men just shut up for one second and share women's voices instead? Why couldn't Jay Rayner have retweeted the countless women saying the exact thing. I have seen so many hot takes by men positioning themselves as allies and driving heaps of engagment instead.
Exactly this. I felt similarly when it came to BLM. It smacks of the male saviour/white saviour complex, doesn’t it? And for JM to use black emojis when she’s white...that’s not solidarity. That’s just taking the piss. Fair enough if it’s coming from a good place and wanting to be better informed, but jumping on the bandwagon isn’t something I can deal with. Sorry - not wanting to make this about race/talk about ME at all, just saying that I empathise, from the standpoint of someone who has been discriminated against, albeit for very different reasons.

• Heart
Reactions: 46
I’ve felt quite sick too - this awful feeling of foreboding. Is it more shocking because we’re in lockdown? Or that the news is practically playing out in real time? That’s before we even add in the suspect is a cop.

Jacktopic - DON’T
I read her family are from York. So living in London she likely wouldn't have seen them much at all this past year. I think that's what makes it especially cruel and upsetting because I imagine she was looking forward to seeing her parents. To have someone decide to take a life now of all moments, when we are all struggling to survive....I can't even fathom it.

What do you have to contribute to this situation Jack? Truly?

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 58
I can't with her today. I don't think she's going to make this essay into a gender debate, but I do think she's going to insert herself and her *story* into the heinous murder of a young woman. There's no space for that today. We don't need some half-baked prose from Jack and her like. It's not the time for words in her usual style.

I cant stop thinking about Sarah, her family, and her friends. An absolute tragedy.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 45
I agree. I've come off of Twitter for a bit because last night I got a couple of replies from blokes that were like....'well, statistically....'

Just not getting it at all. Having a break from socials.
Same here, it's just a minefield of sensitive and painful experiences mixed with cynicism and a few people piling on the end of the bandwagon for likes. Just hoping that this time the whole process actually leads to a better situation for women rather than just fading away when the next important issue hits the headlines :(

• Heart
Reactions: 24
I hope reading here will at least make her realise there is propensity for backlash that will damage her ego, even if she thinks that they're wrong to blame her because of the narc. Hopefully that will stop her publishing. Nobody needs any extra takes on stuff like that today.

So many women have been victims of sexual violence, harrasment etc (I think the Guardian put it at 97%) but this isn't her story to piggyback off.

And I swear to God if she's pitching it for cash rather than a blog post... both are awful but one is evil.

• Heart
Reactions: 44
I don't get the incessant need People like her have to insert themselves into something that had absolutely nothing to do with them.

She does not know this girl, she doesn't work for any form of sexual abuse therapy or charity, so why does her 2 pence it drivel matter. She has no input other than to probably man bash men in powerful jobs ( because we all know how resentful she is towards them)

Everyday women are being subjected to some sort of harrassment and violence and that needs to change but it can only be changed by educating men and women that is not ok, that everyone has the right to live, walk ( alone) be in a relationship, be a certain gender or sexual orientation without someone taking violent advantage or abuse them. What the world doesn't need is some wannabe cook with am itchy twitter finger and alot of resentment not to mention an excessive need for attention at any cost.

• Heart
Reactions: 58
We know she reads here.

Jack, please rethink and reassess your intention to insert yourself into this horrible story. You are not capable of being objective or sensitive. You can’t help but make everything about yourself, and I would urge you to reconsider writing the faux-feminist version of the awful ‘Potatoes’.

We know you will trample all over this because of (variously) your calling traumatised foster children feral, cancer baiting, ED triggering, SH triggering, etc over the last few months/years. Stay well away and sort yourself out. Maybe make some fresh tea.

• Heart
Reactions: 64
What can I say??
Glad I don't do Twitter. It seems to be a pernicious echo chamber. Unlike these threads.
All of the posts on here, today are thoughtful nuanced, sympathetic and incisive. Glad I'm here ❤

• Heart
Reactions: 37
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.