Jack Monroe #162 She slightly undercooked her pasta and lost her slot

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I'm waiting to see where this rates on her scale of awful. Is it potatoes awful, or Corbyn's comrade awful?

Either way we all know it's going to be another 6th-former depth article centered around herself, adopting another group's/person's issues as her own with performative lies and overly flowery, ill-used language designed to make herself look clever but which has the opposite effect to anyone with half a brain.

Anyway I'm in meetings til 12 so I look forward to the hot take (from all of you lovelies, not from Jack).

• Heart
Reactions: 38
Love to you @Auntyanchïoade and everyone else who is struggling with this today. The hot take brigade and the oppression Olympians really are the worst on days like this.

Re: Jack writing, I think she does the same as the Government do. Throw out an idea, see how it goes down with the twitterati and then writes it based on the comments.

• Heart
Reactions: 44
Had a nose into Twitter, came swiftly back out of there 😑. Making me far too cross. Not sure my blood pressure can cope with whatever self indulgent shite she's gearing up to write. Can we go back to cats please? 😑

• Heart
Reactions: 39
I don’t mind men saying things - more of them should stick up for women and girls rather than thinking it’s none of their business.

But they shouldn’t expect fawning thanks for doing the bare minimum.

• Heart
Reactions: 54
Jack is why people come to hate identity politics. People like her give the right wingers fuel to discredit people who genuinely live with dysphoria. She can identify into women’s oppression when she fancies (ie. to make money), but identify out of it as non-binary when it’s convenient (ie. to make money).

It’s exactly the same as pretending to be poor and working class when Patreon numbers are dropping, or there’s a dinner party anecdote to be embroidered, but also identifying as middle class to mark yourself out from The Other Poors™️.

I genuinely wish we didn’t need to be cynical of how people portray themselves and that we could uncritically adopt the “all identities are valid” model, but people like her are the reason we need to question dark motives, IMO. It’s a tragedy for people who just want to live an authentic life that liars and grifters appropriate all kinds of oppression.

• Heart
  • Angry
Reactions: 81
Can all men just shut up for one second and share women's voices instead? Why couldn't Jay Rayner have retweeted the countless women saying the exact thing. I have seen so many hot takes by men positioning themselves as allies and driving heaps of engagment instead.
Quite, perhaps the over-opinionated Jay could reference Julie Bindel or listen to Jess Phillips today?
Jack having any opinion at all and yet again centering herself in the discussion is irrelevant and enraging.

• Heart
Reactions: 43
Great-grandma apparently used to leave the tea in the pot on the range all day. Was manky and horrible and stewed.
Slow-cooker tea

• Haha
Reactions: 26
Jack, please don’t write whatever shittery you’re about to spew out in the hope for sympathy, attention and those all important clicks.

Poor Sarah’s family and friends are REELING.

Jack, this isn’t about gender, it’s sex based violence. It’s about control and power and sadly opportunity. Please don’t. Just go drink slow cooker tea, sprinkle some salt on your rug and have a quiet Thursday.

• Heart
Reactions: 91
my jaw actually did just drop at some of those qts. actual terfs claiming her as one of their own. my god, how can she be ok with this?
With respect even Jack did not use the term "terf" .
Love to you @Auntyanchïoade and everyone else who is struggling with this today. The hot take brigade and the oppression Olympians really are the worst on days like this.

Re: Jack writing, I think she does the same as the Government do. Throw out an idea, see how it goes down with the twitterati and then writes it based on the comments.
Just thinking the same (babe x).

Reactions: 16
I think it's going to be potatoes level bad :(

I thought Kirsty Strickland's tweet was good yesterday

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 75
This is the epitome of the life of Riley for me. Unless she was getting up at the arsecrack of dawn...who is this aimed towards? Ithis her ideal demographic? I’m a stay at home Mum and microwave porridge is a godsend! I wish I had the luxury of time and sanity to make it from scratch.

Urgh, sorry for mini rant. Think my funk is easing but might need to watch a sweary episode of Thick of It when small child goes to sleep.

Edited 🥕

View attachment 476341
What the duck am i looking at? Performative nonsense that probably tastes crap

Reactions: 16
I don't think there's anything wrong with people posting their emotional reaction to the Everard case on Twitter. I did the same yesterday. As a woman having worked/lived in London, and who still regularly walks home alone now in the evenings, it hit me really hard. I don't think my twitter posts were a 'hot take', for example, rather just needing to express sadness somewhere.

But re Jack, she is laying out the red carpet and putting on a little drum roll for whatever her little talk is going to be. That's not small and personal, that's not actually about the loss of Sarah, that's capitalising on a horrible situation and reframing it. There's a difference and I don't like it. Ew, Jack. Ew.

• Heart
Reactions: 43
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.