Jack Monroe #162 She slightly undercooked her pasta and lost her slot

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
"The Sara Everard case is sad, but please all listen to what I have to say about it. Then clap and subscribe to my Patreon"

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 68
Dropping hints about a loved one’s cancer diagnosis....not cool.

People with cancer lose control of their own narrative as it is, even if they’re not related to a blue ticker blabbing about them.

I loved how Bowie kept his diagnosis secret. I was so angry when Sarah Harding was forced to go public.

FFS. I feel guilty sometimes for being judgemental and gossipy about Jack. Not now. That’s not how to support someone with cancer.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 80
Dropping hints about a loved one’s cancer diagnosis....not cool.

People with cancer lose control of their own narrative as it is, even if they’re not related to a blue ticker blabbing about them.

I loved how Bowie kept his diagnosis secret. I was so angry when Sarah Harding was forced to go public.

FFS. I feel guilty sometimes for being judgemental and gossipy about Jack. Not now. That’s not how to support someone with cancer.
I keep thinking about David Bowie when I see her put all her ailments and suffering (if it's all true anyway) online. Good for him to keep control of his story that way.

• Heart
Reactions: 41
I thought that. Would she for instance think the same were true - or rather untrue - in reverse?

Wonder if anyone will pick her up on it!
Tons of people already have, if you check out the quote tweets. Doubtless she'll ignore the fact that her tweet is manna from heaven for the people who want to make it about *that*. She's an absolute liability.

• Heart
Reactions: 31
I don't think there's a right or wrong way to deal with how you cope with and talk about your own illness or disability, social media is a minefield and it potentially puts all of us in the public eye. I'd hate for a fellow frau to read this and think they were doing it wrong somehow.
Talking or hinting or wailing and clawing over someone else's private information (health or crime-related) is another thing entirely.

• Heart
Reactions: 45
OT - If anyone here loves Bowie, and they haven’t yet listened to the BBC R4 programme “David Bowie - verbatim” (I think it’s called that) then please do - it’s wonderful but it will make you miss him terribly. Frankly, you don’t even have to love him - it’s interesting for anyone, really!

• Heart
Reactions: 37
Newzit is a site that scrapes and collates trashy clickbait articles. Good to see Jack gets her news from a reliable and responsible source.

The oncologist tweet, it's possible that we're jumping to conclusions (which is obviously what she intended) and it's not referring to anyone she knows. Remember the "ouchy mouth recipes"? Either way she's still a horrid ghoul, as she threw that out there knowing that it would attract attention, especially on the back of her "not my news..." statement.

Then she goes even lower this morning and is about to use the news of a woman's murder as a springboard to talk about herself again? She really is sickening, vile person.

• Heart
Reactions: 63
Having to step away from Twitter today. Too many people are falling over themselves to have the hottest ‘take’ on the Sarah Everard case and it feels monumentally distasteful.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 65
Tons of people already have, if you check out the quote tweets. Doubtless she'll ignore the fact that her tweet is manna from heaven for the people who want to make it about *that*. She's an absolute liability.

my jaw actually did just drop at some of those qts. actual terfs claiming her as one of their own. my god, how can she be ok with this?

• Wow
Reactions: 30
Oh no one cares what you'll write about Jack, it's bound to be bleeping awful no matter what. They've already got your own-goal tweet to gloat about.

Screen Shot 2021-03-11 at 08.51.25.png

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 75
I've woken up in a godawful mood - I can't cope with her today.
Why does everyone seem to be wading in on this horrific murder as if it is a moment to say "I told you so". Am I missing something?

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 38
She's pushed me waaaaay beyond my normal reactions of irritation and incredulity today. My rather lovely husband is awaiting biopsy results on a nasty lump that's appeared on his neck and my eldest daughter lives right near the Clapham Common area where Sarah Everad went missing. Her dual appropriation of cancer and the tragedy of Sarah are, in my opinion, the zenith of her pitiful narcism and "me, me, make it about me" attitude.
I genuinely loathe her today.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 88
British Wind is trending on Twitter right now and my first thought was 'my god, the masses have been rinsing their beans ala Jackie' again. Sadly no, dear Fraus, it was about green energy. I need a little smile this morning xx 😚

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 31
I don't know how to put into words the feelings I have about her jumping on the Sarah Everard case - it hit very close to home with me - I didn't know her personally but we have mutual friends who are beyond themselves with grief and anger right now, and I used to live just off the road she disappeared from - I would walk that stretch by myself at night all the time, it's well lit and usually pretty busy with traffic so it isn't like she was walking through an area you might expect to be dangerous. It's so important to talk about what we go through as women feeling unsafe but seriously duck OFF Jack trying to jump in on this for your own benefit. And the c-fishing? You really are a despicable human being. I'm glad I blocked her as I don't know if I'd be able to hold back if she came up on my twitter feed.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 100
@Into_the_tunnel thank you lovely, no, being on here, however frustrating Jack's behaviour is, is a joy, and if it wasn't, unlike Jack I would stay away.
I have just seen the screenshot (I always grunka backwards!) she is truly awful, for some reason it's her mention of her "350k+ followers" in it that has jarrred me.

For some reason I can only like posts, I would love them if I could! ❤

I think the Dutch paper Jack has tagged in this tweet may be a tad confused!View attachment 477142
If you press and hold the like button you will get options including 🤢😡 like love wow sad but unfortunately not 🙄 which probably got worn out

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 15
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.