Jack Monroe #162 She slightly undercooked her pasta and lost her slot

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Trivialising the transgender process is an interesting way to ignite a chaos. Buckle up!

• Heart
  • Haha
Reactions: 41
How much food is she sharing as a ‘cook’ these days then...

my MIL used to have tea on the stove all day. It was rank. There’s a reason for the expression ‘freshly brewed’.

Reactions: 36
Don't know if I can take her today. Yesterday's oncologist tweet, at the end of a long day like that, and with the just news coming in about the remains found in Kent, was disgusting. She's disgusting.

View attachment 477163

And honestly, the last thing I think *anyone* needs, today or any other day, is one of Jack's inane, florid essays about all the times men have made her feel unsafe with no doubt some SHOCKING REVELATIONS about incidents on trains and whatever. Show some bleeping respect and stop making literally EVERYTHING about you, Jack.
Honestly same, babe, and thank you for putting it so clearly and the meme, you’re right. I found that subject super triggering and quite upsetting that she’s looking to monetise that very personal and scary trauma.

Sorry to be rude and this is not a slight on the trans community but duck me a gender debate is the last thing on earth I want to read

• Heart
Reactions: 63
I’m honestly not here for Jack revelling in this horrible tragedy for clicks. Really don’t think I could manage to read this particular “who put 50p in her” output as it is SO profoundly upsetting. Sarah Everard was any of us.

ETA: @Veronicaaa @heretoreaditall2019 babe: same. Sending so much love to all the frauen right now. 2021. It’s staggering how unsafe women everywhere still are.

• Heart
Reactions: 64
That poor girl Sarah. This has been in the news over here last two days.
JM is pretty good at lowering the bar, eh.
We've had nothing up here (Darwin) but that's not surprising, since we mostly get Queensland's news anyway. Our newspaper heading is featuring an enormous cane toad.

It is such an awful case though, and whilst I can't believe Jack is trying to make this somehow about her, sadly I'm not surprised 😡

• Heart
Reactions: 36
You know, sometime I am torn. It must be very tough having yourself held to account over every little twattish thing you do by 500+ intelligent and witty people and I get this tiny pang of sympathy when she talks about being bullied and the lack of confidence it has resulted in. Even when I remember the COVID spreading, grifting the poor and unwaged whilst taking mega money off BBC & corporates, bandwaggoning on every little cause, be it immigration or Brexit or Meghan etc....so many other distasteful things. Then, she does a wretched thing like attention seeking over cancer and now, creaming off some attention from an event for which there are no adequate words - and I feel ok about being here again.

Someone had to hold her to account - it’s clear her financial sponsors and family can’t/aren’t/won’t. And, as usual, my heart goes out to her boy. Another 10 years of this (or, at least 8 if he gets out to a uni!).

• Heart
Reactions: 61
God, the horse piss comment was so lame as to be tragic but then throwing out crumbs of cancer info for attention before deciding to swing off the coattails of a tragedy for clickbait and a shiny new opportunity to talk about herself, she really is just a disgusting excuse of a human being - can't be arsed with her today, she's horrible.

• Heart
Reactions: 58
Morning, sunshines. My liquids are up 500mls (water and coffee).

I fell into a Twitter hole yesterday about Sarah Everard. It's all too awful for words. Jack's slowcooked takes on it interest me not one bit. It's all been said a hundred times.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 57
Followed by "kettle's on". Ugh.

There's a lot of talk about some reclaim the night events this weekend. Of course she can't retweet other people talking about collective action because we know she's the antithesis of collective action.
Thought she did tea in her slow cooker ? 😉

• Haha
Reactions: 29
Don’t feel one iota of pity for her tbh. This article will be both a pitch to press and an attempt to go viral to get talking head slots. She’s trying to get paid for discussing a woman’s murder.

Last night she was trying to get Patreons by dropping hints about someone else’s cancer.

Honestly don’t know if I can do today with her, this is the worst she’s ever been.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 86
You could cook along and then give it to them for tea
That's if Jack finishes the dish. I remember watching one of the lives she had with someone where she obviously got bored, sat on the sofa and ignored/forgot about the food.
We never got to see it again.

• Haha
Reactions: 30
god, everything's just so grim even without her sticking her oar in. wake me up when she does a slop tbh

• Heart
Reactions: 44
I can't today on social media with so many people falling over themselves to give their views on the Sara Everard case and misogyny/sexism or the gneral unsafety of women in society. Even the good takes and reasonable points and respectful ones :(. Last thing I'd want to read is Jack's pish prose about it.

Last edited:
  • Heart
Reactions: 53
Trivialising the transgender process is an interesting way to ignite a chaos. Buckle up!
I thought that. Would she for instance think the same were true - or rather untrue - in reverse?

Wonder if anyone will pick her up on it!

Reactions: 16
So she’s making a dish she hasn’t actually tasted but her 10 year old has. Great stuff. Total professional cooking there.

We get Jack, America gets Amy Schumer...

So she’s making a dish she hasn’t actually tasted but her 10 year old has. Great stuff. Total professional cooking there.

We get Jack, America gets Amy Schumer...
BTW Amys cooking show is brilliant.

Attachments

Reactions: 17
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.