Jack Monroe #162 She slightly undercooked her pasta and lost her slot

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
If you hold your finger on the ‘like’ button for a little longer, it should come up with the other options for you. Sadly, there’s no eye roll emoji (which has been long hoped for 🙄😂)
Thank you, have just *loved* your post!

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 33
The ‘no longer identify as a woman’ bit confused me. I’m no expert here, but I thought preferred pronouns were ‘they/she’? I try really hard to get this sort of thing correct - so how should we be referring to JM? Answers on a tin of pineapple pls 😉
She's she all over her own website. 🤷🏼‍♀️

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 37
To add: regardless of her gender identity, I have to say that it is VERY on-brand for Jack Monroe to share her hot takes on the problems women face 3 days after International Women's Day.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 89
So it assembles all of the click bait titles that bear no resemblance to the articles within? Don't go down that rabbit hole!

• Haha
Reactions: 44
To add: regardless of her gender identity, I have to say that it is VERY on-brand for Jack Monroe to share her hot takes on the problems women face 3 days after International Women's Day.
She sees the reaction to a terrible murder and hopes she can ride the coattails of it. More clicks for her essay. Vile.

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 74
Unfortunately she’s doing it off the back of the news about poor Sarah Everard.

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 63
She clearly got up early this morning to spend more time being infuriating, inappropriate and selfish beyond words. She’s a horror.

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 52
She sees the reaction to a terrible murder and hopes she can ride the coattails of it. More clicks for her essay. Vile.
Ah, I didn't know about that. How horrendous to try to insert herself into this tragedy (and it makes her choice of words - talking about "scar tissue" - all the more sickening).

• Angry
  • Sad
Reactions: 48
That poor girl Sarah. This has been in the news over here last two days.
JM is pretty good at lowering the bar, eh.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 45
Ah, I didn't know about that. How horrendous to try to insert herself into this tragedy (and it makes her choice of words - talking about "scar tissue" - all the more sickening).
Followed by "kettle's on". Ugh.

There's a lot of talk about some reclaim the night events this weekend. Of course she can't retweet other people talking about collective action because we know she's the antithesis of collective action.

• Heart
Reactions: 57
Come on now, that’s unfair - sometimes she screenshots other people’s tweets and tweets them.

Probably ‘for safety’.

(not clout).

• Haha
Reactions: 28
Come on now, that’s unfair - sometimes she screenshots other people’s tweets and tweets them.
Oh yes, I forgot those, and the other times she just sees a good tweet and changes some words around and then posts it as her own. Maybe she'll get round to that when she's had her 12th cuppa of the day in an hour or so. Or maybe she'll just scrape them all for inclusion in her next scathing essay 🙄

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 35
We need to make a bingo board!
How late will she be?
Will there be someone talking in her ear?
Will she drop an AirPod in her mixing bowl?
Will she put something in the oven and then never show the finished results?
How long will the longest on-air silence be? Will there be a guest who will take over to hide how uncomfortable it is?
Will the eye of sauron make an appareance . Will she do it from the waist up?

Why didn't she tag Captain America too. He needs to know the info too?!

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 28
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.