Jack Monroe #162 She slightly undercooked her pasta and lost her slot

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Soz for going slightly off the current Mel Donte fervour. Could someone more experienced direct me to the Helmans threads? Thank (space) you x

Reactions: 17
Jack's hero along with Thatcher and the Queen. I know he is seen as a hero of WW2 but he was a racist war mongerer and Jack would probably write him a thank you letter for being PM.
And he was also greatly to blame for the Bengal famine which took the lives of so many.

• Sad
Reactions: 28
Sad to report cheesecake was not all that. It’s probably my fault because the oven door didn’t shut properly when I checked it halfway through so then it wasn’t hot enough so I did it for a bit longer but I probably overdid it. It tasted a bit grainy - kind of like a giant sweet omelette (but not disgusting ?!?). Sorry I did a minor chaos. 😞 The pecan praline was the best bit.

Photo lovingly taken with my tongue while plate placed on the floor in front of the door, obviously:
A6813B9F-040C-4705-A7BC-A4C3BE0F066E.jpeg

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 52
I'm sure it will be drastically different from this, because Jack's a creative genius brimming with originality AS WE KNOW!

View attachment 476487

View attachment 476489
Upside down pineapple chicken thighs? I’m sure you can get an ointment for that.

• Haha
Reactions: 38
Added a reminder for the 16th March. I wonder how many tech issues there will be this time!

• Haha
Reactions: 32
I'll be honest, Nadiya makes a lot of recipes that look pretty gross to me (she too is an occasional bean rinser!) - but she seems like such a warm and genuinely lovely person that I give her a pass. She has a great TV presence. A real star.

Jack is much better in her earliest TV and video appearances. Crucially they were all either in a studio, or not live. I really do believe it when @essexgirl101 said that laziness was Jack's defining character trait. She'll never rehearse, rerecord, or edit. Everything she shits out into the media or online ought to be captioned "will this do?"

ETA: to add to Nadiya, I would say that Islamophobia is so incredibly rampant, and she NEVER presents herself as a victim. I have enormous respect for her, even if I don't care much for her food!
Babes. Same.

I'm that not keen on her recipes, bit I love her, and she is a very good presenter, warm and approachable.

Reactions: 24
I'm sure it will be drastically different from this, because Jack's a creative genius brimming with originality AS WE KNOW!

View attachment 476487

View attachment 476489
Del Monte choosing bathtime for a live-a-thon is really inconsiderate of you

• Haha
Reactions: 28
Is it the colour on my screen or is that a brown hand!?
Yep, suddenly used as she’s/everyone is discussing BAME presenters for one of the biggest slots on TV. Same way “ex fire service” went in the bio when cladding was being spoken about a few weeks ago. Same way “pay me - it’s literally my life’s work” was wheeled out over FSM.

She’s vile, just like her greedy goblin landlord family sorry 🤷🏻‍♀️

• Angry
  • Heart
Reactions: 72

View attachment 476487

View attachment 476489
I love how they say she’ll be “responding to your questions“, like they can’t promise she’ll actually answer any questions.

• Haha
Reactions: 41
Oh my god. The smoothie bowl phase was awful. Weird, really weird and awful. Remember how she would caption them with oddly passive aggressive messages about how she wasn't eating but was getting up at all hours to bleeping make these for Louisa. Genuinely uncomfortable period of posting. Just looking at them altogether like that makes me feel uneasy
I remember it too and thinking:"Why do we need to hear about all these recipe-less porridge bowls?" (This was in my phase when I was still thinking following JM would result in useful tips for low budget cooking. I know, I know...).

6pm. She is making pineapple chicken. Not sure if you can use a viewer?
Will it be 90% vegan (standard joke that needs to be made)

• Haha
Reactions: 30
Either she hasn't tried it or she was just too ADHD for pescatarianism...again.

TBH both options seem likely.

20210310_202908.jpg

• Haha
  • Sad
Reactions: 37
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.