Jack Monroe #16 Queen of the freezer, bathtime teaser & blue tick pleaser

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
Also "fluffernutter" is the peanut butter and marshmallow sandwich. But "fluffernut", according to Urban Dictionary, is "the tangled ball of cat hair that clings to clothing, couches, fabrics etc". YUM!

• Haha
  • Sick
Reactions: 15
Fluffernut sounds like a behind the scenes role in adult entertainment

• Haha
Reactions: 33
I’m surprised she hasn’t added fluffer to her list of previous job. God knows she has done everything else. She doesn’t paint herself in the best light as a parent. Sometimes she sounds downright neglectful.

• Haha
Reactions: 16
Morning fraus! Just chugged my happy pills down my depress pipes. Will not be following with curd fried rice.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 17
Me too, totally unnecessary adjectives. Trying to be dramatic and sounding like a Mills & Boon! You can tell she really rates herself as a writer 😳
I really hate it as well. It is like one of those creative writing exercises you do when you are about eleven, and you cram in as many adjectives, similes and metaphors that will fit on the page. Because you are eleven, and don't have a clue about good writing.

I bet she writes tit poetry as well.

Btw how is she going to post out all her books now that her post office isn't taking them? She could barely cope with trudging up the hill with her Kickstarter books when it was taking parcels.

• Haha
Reactions: 15
Where have you been?

You have missed;
Lugging paint to the shed.
Decorating said shed and tweeting about her new show.
Shaving her hair.
Dying a rats tail strand of hair that she left.
Taking messiah style photos of new hair.
Taking photos in the bath.
Taking photos in her bra.
Fridge breaking.
Begging for Smeg fridge.
Lightly Releasing new book.
Making a ton of mashed potatoes and comparing it to proper chef.
A bit more sobbing, ranting, enlightening and deleting.

Think that’s it? Am sure I have missed something.

Edited to add, we still haven’t seen new shed nor is lockdown larder happening now JO is off the screen!
She also was talking about creating a music festival atmosphere in her ( huge) garden of the crappy bungalow with a tent and, iirc, fairy lights ?

• Haha
Reactions: 10
The lemon curd talk reminds me of the moment I first really started questioning Jack:

In this article, she lives on £1 a day for five days (this was during her 'rags to riches, so happy I'm not poor anymore' phase, which came before her 'once and forever skint' phase). With such a tight budget, our esteemed food writer buys...lemon curd and chicken paste. Why?

It was also around that time that I noticed her frenzied mob of Guardian fans who would attack anyone who came within an appropriate social distancing 2m radius of criticising Jack. It would always go something like this:

Jack claims to make risotto, using long-grain rice. Someone points out that risotto needs short-grain rice. What she's made is still a dish, just...not risotto. Cue pile-on about food snobbery and how Saint Jack has introduced risotto to the unwashed masses who previously ate only at Chicken Shack.

Jack comments that being poor means she can "only" eat 1,850 calories a day. Someone points out that for a short, sedentary woman that's more than enough, although yes, she's not getting a good nutritional balance. Cue pile-on about how Jack is not sedentary, she's burning Michael Phelps levels of calories by fighting poverty!

I've been really, really poor. I used Fiona Beckett's student cookbook series, Beyond Baked Beans. Simple, cheap and well-explained...and not a drop of chicken paste in sight.

• Angry
  • Haha
Reactions: 21
I bet she writes tit poetry as well.
I don't know if she still does but she did! She went through a phase of posting really, really bad poems and if anyone *dared* pipe up with the tiniest bit of constructive criticism (e.g. just a suggestion, maybe x word might work better in that line), she would fly off the handle and bellow about how she'd been a songwriter for 99 years. I'm sure she included 'poet' in her Twitter bio around that time.

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 18
I don't know if she still does but she did! She went through a phase of posting really, really bad poems and if anyone *dared* pipe up with the tiniest bit of constructive criticism (e.g. just a suggestion, maybe x word might work better in that line), she would fly off the handle and bellow about how she'd been a songwriter for 99 years. I'm sure she included 'poet' in her Twitter bio around that time.
Oh, I just remembered she did busking too. With Billy Bragg. And of course she was poorlysick, so had made a lemon, honey, ginger and turmeric drink. Which is actually quite nice if you are feeling a bit under the weather, but obviously she was more sick than any of us will ever be.

• Haha
Reactions: 11
She values, honesty.

1589881666400.png

Also "fluffernutter" is the peanut butter and marshmallow sandwich. But "fluffernut", according to Urban Dictionary, is "the tangled ball of cat hair that clings to clothing, couches, fabrics etc". YUM!
Urban dictionary rocks.

• Sick
  • Wow
Reactions: 10
It’s such a shame we’re in lockdown so we can’t hear some completely fabricated tale about how everyone’s favourite cockney urchin went to a Smeg stockist & was shot down by the sales assistant who heard her “common as muck” accent (her words not ours) and instantly suggested a toaster may be more in budget. She’d proceed to buy 3 toasters & 3 fridges just to show her that actually, daddy’s a landlord darling and this is going through company books anyway x

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 39
Another thing to add to the list of jobs 🤣

• Haha
Reactions: 6
As I said I saved 2 yrs for my SMEG, when I got it I bought from their outlet store (small scratch on side !)I have no other designer things.... clothes or house accessories, so kind of blowing some theories out the water 🤣 You also get newer different versions, so mine has a 3 drawer freezer and normal size fridge. I do think they are style over substance but I love mine 🤷🏻‍♀️

Still cannot believe she has (so far) done nothing on Mental Health Week. As I said previously it seems weird when that’s what her book is centred around? Woke up to this email today 🙄 (when will we get an eyeroll reaction emoji?!)
I have a Smeg oven (double one - fancy 😏). It's my pride and joy, after I left (escaped) my eldest son's dad it was my present to myself for my new home. It cost more than my car at the time did and I scrimped money each month to pay for it. Worth every penny to me and will always be a symbol of my independence and freedom from that relationship ❤
Can't say looking at something, knowing I got it because I was just a massive bleeping beg-a-smeg (thank you so much for that phrase 😂) would have the same feeling.
Up yours Jack.

• Heart
Reactions: 34
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.