Notice
Thread ordered by most liked posts - View normal thread.

sineadf

🙋‍♀️
Mind you @People-huv-tae-know, your user name is pretty braw too

What is it with these people biting the hand that feeds them? I know we never know what goes on behind closed doors but if she’s not painting a picture that her folks didn’t care enough about her (even though her mum’s on Twitter and can see everything 😔) then that other bloody national treasure Joe Wicks has been slagging off his mum for not breastfeeding him when he was a baby!!
I know! Not to derail the thread but Joe Wicks' poor mum just seems like she was very young and skint having kids, and was probably a bit overwhelmed, his childhood diet doesn't sound any worse than others of his age. Jack's parents were clearly decent, kind people who were comfortably off financially (not "working class" as she claims) and it's unlikely that she and her son "froze and starved for years" (direct quote). What is wrong with these people slagging off their parents in public, on forums where they can read? I find it quite shocking, especially as they're parents themselves and know how tough it can be.

• Sad
  • Heart
Reactions: 20

PineappleQueen19

VIP Member
The penny drops!
So she’s always in the kitchen now, testing recipes? (Really?)
Not breaking her back at the dining room table for 20 hours/day?
Not in the shed all the time?
Not in the workstation in the garage?
Not taking endless selfies?
Why is it a choice of the potatoes being either in the hot and humid kitchen or in the fridge? Are cool, dry locations not available anywhere else in the shitty bungalow?
Book seven, holy shit do we have an awkward and inappropriate theme for that yet?

• Haha
  • Heart

J4n0Z

Chatty Member
It's that she had these jobs for a short time and considers herself a voice of authority in every industry she's worked in that's the problem.
Oh yes, you name it, she's an expert on it!

I see people keep asking her foodie questions on twitter, like that carbonara one. Why don't they just try it, I wonder.

I know this is going way, way back but I'm always bemused by the quote about "fighting for people to use long grain rice in risotto" (or something similar).

It's not exactly up there with Nelson Mandela's long road to freedom, is it? It's rice.

What do the Italians know about carbonara anyway? Hold on .... this is like jollof rice all over again!
The cheek of those uppity Italians, thinking they know all about "risotto rice" and "carbonara". Don't they realise they are talking to Lady Bootstrap herself, the maverick maven of modern cookery?

• Haha

Raker

VIP Member
The brass neck on her!!!

Either considering the purchase (£1700 😳) or downright blatantly BEGGING for it!!

screen shot, so that next time she mentions tip jar, minimum wage, fecking patreon, being broke, shitty rented bungalow or any of the other guilt-tripping atrocities she commits on the poor bewildered people who think they’re keeping her from the jaws of poverty there can be a production line of tattlers posting and reposting this ballix. She can delete and delete, but this should just keep on coming.

• Heart
  • Angry

PennyLoafer

Chatty Member
I do find it bewildering how she can be so enthusiastic about animal products after her vegan stint. Like there’s introducing animal products again and then there’s what she’s doing. Genuinely struggle to see how someone can be so cavalier about eggs, for example, after knowing (and lecturing others!) about how they are produced. Did she ever care?
Hmm, that's a tough question which may take some...

No. She didn't.

• Haha
  • Heart

Tabitha D

VIP Member
I’m a huge advocate for breastfeeding but Joe Wicks is a twat, I’m sure his mum raised him the best she could at the time

I also think it speaks volumes that Jack’s mum is aware of her daughter’s poverty fantasy and doesn’t challenge it at all. I can imagine the narcissistic rage that would come with being challenged like that, even privately. Jack’s mum probably will do anything to keep the peace. Remember that bizarre tweet exchange with her mum saying sorry she couldn’t babysit because she was ill? I suspect she tweeted her rather than privately texted (like a normal person) because she wanted to minimise the tantrum

Raising a child is hard work and I’d be livid if my daughter made fictional claims like Jack does. But I can also see why Jack’s mum is biting her tongue
I can’t imagine how volatile she is in private, based on the public version (where you’d think she’d be reining it in a bit). I also remember some quote with her kid’s dad where he referred to having to “keep the peace”. Which makes it sound like they are walking on eggshells around her.

• Heart

PineappleQueen19

VIP Member
I can’t help but wonder whether all this lying and attention seeking started in childhood and if Jack felt sidelined by having “100 foster kids” pass through the house when she was growing up.
I have wondered this too - if it’s the result of not feeling seen/heard/secure enough as a child from having to share resources (parents attention, space, belongings etc). General disruption. Also if there was a narrative of “look how lucky you are compared to this foster child” or if bad behaviour was tolerated from the foster children but not the birth children because of their trauma but not properly explained. Nothing is an excuse but you can see the impact it would have if not dealt with and processed.

I am in the Holistic Psychologist’s private group at the moment with a current focus on reparenting (giving yourself what you weren’t in childhood) - it’s hard work but fascinating.

• Heart

Saturn.

Chatty Member
Working up a little TV sponsor project to pitch to Smeg in my role as Jack's imaginary agent. Still at an early stage, but with inspiration from Dani Dyer ...

Current idea revolves around the strapline 'Whatever happens, you'll always smell Beggy with Smeggy'. Plan is to have a special guest each week who interacts with Jack as she prepares one of her signature dishes in the shed. Pilot episode filmed today with James Corden. He was a great sport, and really adored the new weekly challenge - 'Is this my Anchovy paste, or something else?'. Any ideas for other guests? 1 million plus blue tickers only please.

Last edited:
  • Haha

Ellabella

VIP Member
Every time I see that photo I hear her promise, "it'll thicken up in the oven". 😆 No it won't. It can't, that's not how it works.
I know right! No Jack it will all sink to the bottom and your "lasagne" will be as dry as dust. I've literally just made a lasagne and this is how the sauce should look:
IMG_20200519_173150.jpg

• Heart

lipsticktaser

VIP Member
She is totally fishing. Looking for validation in all the wrong places. Can’t cook, I’m still a hoot. Hey pervs look at my boobs. 🙄

• Haha
  • Heart

Fitnessqueen

VIP Member
I came to these threads after the Daily Kitchen episodes. Have just downloaded and watched the infamous lasagne one. I have no words for that sauce (apart from the obvious ones) 😳

• Haha
  • Wow

Veronicaaa

VIP Member
If I was Mr Bourdain, I’d be instructing my Solicitor to get her to remove that from her SM forthwith! Misrepresentation of the highest order!
Sadly Bourdain died by his own hand a few years ago - which is what makes Jack's appropriation of his name to sell her 'depressipes' all the more disgusting.

• Sad

PennyLoafer

Chatty Member
Doncha know, we are Hausfraus and we rock. Stand tall sista.

View attachment 131681

Tip me, patreon me or just give me fucking money you peon.

View attachment 131688

A flask full of fishy ramen noodles in the tent. Yes of course.

View attachment 131693

THAT MAN - it's jollef rice all over again

View attachment 131698

Just bung it in...

View attachment 131699

Pull up a chair and let me tell you about Jackanoshy

View attachment 131708

Black tea in recipes, I invented it.

View attachment 131711

ASDA has run out of bottled lemon. I must use fresh.

View attachment 131712
This is just a crazy hunch from my weird little barefoot brain but... I'm starting to think you may be a Lucille Ball fan?

• Haha
  • Heart

Silver Linings

VIP Member
I arrived here after watching the bizarre Sali Hughes rant on IG, came to see what all the fuss was about and to meet the *dreadful* women who were making her life a daily misery. So glad I did, I'll never forget those 2 weeks of lockdown meeting everyone for a late breakfast to watch DKL (sad little hausfrau I know 🤣)
me too. It will genuinely be a nice memory from a really shit experience.

• Heart
  • Haha

Hunty

Chatty Member
Oh God, why?
Oh Jaysus 🤦🏻‍♀️ LOOK AT ME, LOOK AT ME, I NEED ATTENTION, GIVE ME ALL YOUR ATTENTION, She is such a try hard wannabe 'influencer'.

I bet her dms are full of dodgy msgs from weirdos offering her plenty of their vitamin D 🤮🤮 most probably that Stuart guy from her twitter if he is on insta

• Sick
  • Haha

Fitnessqueen

VIP Member
Ditch him, but keep the cursed engagement ring in a box, next to your original Tracey Emin.
Funnily enough my engagement ring was made from the diamond from a previous engagement ring, small diamonds from a previous eternity ring and gold from an old wedding ring. I have a complicated romantic history 😂

• Haha

Brian Butterfield

VIP Member
I've been reading his thread, what a NOB. No idea of his background but being criticised for not breastfeeding is awful. Like the vast majority of us, I bet she was doing her best with the resources she had at the time.
Said it before and I'll say it again, Joe Wicks is a squeaky voiced prick. I can't stand the guy.

• Haha
  • Heart