Jack Monroe #16 Queen of the freezer, bathtime teaser & blue tick pleaser

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
I did an online search for vegan cookbooks and hers ranks highly. I’d be so pissed off if I purchased a vegan book which included meat, no idea how she’s got away with it.

Reactions: 11
Reactions: 5
It's so infuriating. But I can't argue with those idiots.

JM posted an image of her and her son drinking soya or almond milk with the caption that there was no cruelty in their house. I hate those types of posts, I don't think they entice anyone who isn't vegan to try plant milks and just make the poster sound smug. The not so subtle subtext is 'I'm a caring individual, whereas you are a cruel monster'.

The problem is, once you have chosen to look into the dairy industry and decided that it is cruel, how can you go back from that so enthusiastically? The amount of butter she puts in everything, it's crazy! I get it, being vegan isn't easy for everyone and I am genuinely delighted by anyone who tries to include more plants in their diet. But don't go full-on preachy 'it's all for the animals' and then change your mind a few months later. It genuinely makes no sense at all. I am vegan because of the animals and it's a strongly held belief of mine. I don't think it is ethical to eat animals. I'm happy to disagree with the vast majority of the population on this and I absolutely can be friends with people who don't hold that belief. But I find it fucking offensive when someone claims to share that belief and then goes back on it with no explanation or remorse whatsoever.

Reactions: 43
Most of her food could be sucked through a straw. She’s not a fan of texture.

Reactions: 15

That would be a cracking book! Can we have a round of autographed copies for the haus fraus?
https://giphy.com/xThtanVQSwkVBvWIU0

Reactions: 12
I did an online search for vegan cookbooks and hers ranks highly. I’d be so pissed off if I purchased a vegan book which included meat, no idea how she’s got away with it.
At least Peta had the good sense not to list hers.
Some nice looking books there too.

Yes, 2 separate reviews from tin can cook.

Reactions: 10
Same here, very interesting article as something has never sat right with regarding Asia Argento.

Luckily I know I’m not pregnant as all the food of JM’s discussed here this morning has actually made me feel so queasy

Reactions: 9
Who keeps 1 kilo of butter in their fridge? 3 kgs of spuds with 1 kilo of butter. Her blood must look like mud.

It certainly seems that way. Why, in Jack’s world, does food for people down on their luck (whether poverty or depression) have to be joyless fuel?
Its the woe is me thing, it's catchy.

Reactions: 8
You’ve inspired me to have a nose, 6% of them are 1 star which is pretty good going all things considered. The 1 star section is comedy gold though, thank you, very much needed after scarcely sleeping last night. I will say in fairness when you look at the contributed photos there’s a real 50/50 split between people that have made a success of it and people who’ve created legit vomit.

THIS MAN however, has dared to insult our cult classique, the grated reconstituted meat stuff:

Reactions: 40
What the fuck?! "They will fall apart a little" - no shit! You've just washed some hoops under a tap and nuked them to death
She should be sued for the use of the word 'recipe'.

Reactions: 24
I will never understand the logic of rinsing sauce or gravy off tinned meat - why can't you just add a few herbs or spices and have it over a jacket potato (for eg)?
Rinsing things obsessively just makes me think the product will be soggy with every vestige of flavour down the plughole.

Reactions: 11
Someone a while ago said they’d read the Veganish book and it didn’t contain meat recipes, the Daily Mail just mistakenly claimed that. The Amazon preview doesn’t show the full contents I think and there’s no bookshops open for me to snoop

But regardless, she was on This Morning cooking meat LESS THAN A MONTH AFTER RELEASING A VEGAN COOKBOOK The DM is full of stupid mistakes but I can understand why they’d assume she was promoting her new book

Reactions: 8
Yes the veganish book is vegan.

It’s the bootstrap book that had the weird “contraband” chapter of meat recipes.

Jack took to twitter to complain bitterly about that review. It was so odd.

Reactions: 7
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.