Jack Monroe #159 HarperCollins responded by saying the tweets were factually inaccurate

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
But do we count floor cushions??
I've got two whole floors if that's the case - one for all of upstairs and one for all of downstairs (but we obviously stick to the one bit that has a nice fluffy rug on it). Other than that, a threeseater (generally with 1-2 cats and 1-2 humans on it; normally the cats take up more space despite being much smoller), an armchair that occasionally houses one of the cats or Mr D if the 2 cats are hogging his end of the 3 seater, two dining chairs and a garden chair being used at a desk but is sometimes dragged into the wetroom if I'm too ill to get in and out of the bath. So 7 for 2 people.

To be honest, having grown up in a place where my spot was on the hearth rug with 5 cats and a dog, I think seating is generally overrated, anyhow. It's far more comfortable to sit on the rug with my laptop on a bedside cabinet that's been relocated downstairs for the purpose.

• Heart
Reactions: 25
In Scotland Aldi the pineapple and raspberry ones are vegan too.
I love Aldi 🥰 just as well, there is no Waitrose or Ocado here. In fact I have such a sheltered (shopping & normal) life I hadn’t even heard of Charlie Bingham’s before here!

• Haha
Reactions: 22
I have an actual old church pew as a dining table bench, never tried it to capacity so I'll have to estimate.

Approx 25 seats in my gaff - pew count dependant.
You mean “literal church pew”, of course 🤣

• Haha
She reminds me a lot of a friend of mine who has BPD. Can be fine one minute, then will take something the wrong way and fly off the handle, often hinting at self-harm or suicide. Friend has a massive fear of abandonment, and does the whole 'leave me alone' bit when she actually wants attention. I feel like Jack could do with a good therapist because she could well be suffering from something similar and need support.
Yeah, I was thinking about this, too! It would explain her manic tendencies and her somewhat dysfunctional relationships, at the very least :(

I wish her family well and in the warmest possible way I hope she is lying or exaggerating. Nobody deserves sick loved ones.

Back to the bun - her pet menagerie feels disturbing. If I had enough life to spare I would make an animal timeline for reference. What happened to this incarnation of Jack? Leaving Dash alone in the garage overnight is the same (if not worse) than leaving Joni alone indoors.
Oh god, I don't want another traumatic animal situation!!!

• Sad
Oh god, this week I've counted my teeth and now I'm counting my chairs.
Wtf is thread doing to me?!!
btw I have 17 chairs.
I've got slightly more teeth than chairs. But only just. And some of what I have need extracting/throwing in a skip.

• Haha
Reactions: 33
Actually found Bootstrap LTD info, and Caroline isn't mentioned? Just Jack...

• Wow
  • Haha
Reactions: 23
Sorry if this makes me a terrible person but it appears as if she has pulled out the big guns - a very serious 'private' family affair which means no one could dare question or criticise her during this incredibly difficult time :rolleyes:

• Heart
Reactions: 49
Apologies if it's not OK to post this (although it's all public records) but I found this...
Screenshot (488).png

Reactions: 14
So she's either claiming furlough for Caroline (when she doesn't need to be furloughed)

OR

Claiming furlough for herself when she's had plenty of work

Right? I mean that's certainly what it seems like.

• Wow
Reactions: 36
So she's either claiming furlough for Caroline (when she doesn't need to be furloughed)

OR

Claiming furlough for herself when she's had plenty of work

Right? I mean that's certainly what it seems like.

If it's for Caroline, she's bleeping appallingly underpaid for what she had to put up with.

Reactions: 34
I still think that furloughing Caroline when she could work is dodgy and HMRC will be on to it
This comes up quite a lot. Jack has alluded to the fact that Caroline couldn't work because of childcare or caring responsibilities. That is a legitimate reason for furlough, regardless of whether work is available or not. However, as previously stated, furlough is a government scheme. Either a company is entitled to it or not. Whatever Jack is doing is not furlough and has nothing to do with furlough. Small businesses have had to make tough decisions about employees up and down the country. I commend any employer who hasn't let staff go lightly, but there surely comes a point where as a business it becomes untenable to pay someone's full salary if they are not doing any work and you are not being able to access the furlough scheme (because you as a business aren't entitled to it, because you did not file your taxes on time.).

Reactions: 39
Also flexible furlough exists right, so Caroline could come back on a part time basis and still get some furlough money on top. As always this feels dodgy.

Reactions: 32
The thing I find most shocking about this is that Caroline might actually exist beyond being a pair of hands. Shocked and disappointed...the caroline truther movement is no more!

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 33
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.