Jack Monroe #155 What a sad little life, Jack

Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.
New to Tattle Life? Click "Order Thread by Most Liked Posts" button below to get an idea of what the site is about:
She is a total ghoul and she does this performative crap because she thinks it makes her look ultra lefty and sympathetic. Had she been old enough, she would have left flowers and gushing note with awful poetry at Buck Palace for Lady Di.
0C695664-64A5-4882-9C85-DFC1C65B6863.jpeg

• Sick
  • Haha
Reactions: 41
Am I the only one that struggles to read Jacks Insta stories as they happen too quickly? I was wondering if it’s Jacks ineptitude or I have something wrong but I don’t have the issue with other people’s stories. If it wasn’t for screenshots here, I wouldn’t get to the end of them before they disappear. Also, I am not a slow reader!
Touch and hold to freeze the story. I have to do that all the time 😄

Reactions: 24
Aw I'm glad to hear that. I've always found him a bit annoying, like it was a persona, but I shall eat my words and become a Wallace convert (although I'm definitely not lining up to be his next wife, I'm saving myself for Traumatised Sideboard and Slop Bot)

See Jackie.. What people think of you, how you behave at work, actually matters.
Yes.. I've never really had any feelings at all about him..but he sounds like a real professional who did his absolute best to make things easy and fun for the people he was working with

Off topic....but I've always loathed jeremy clarkson, but a friend was on top gear years ago and said he was an absolute master of his craft, even though his tv persona is very nobbish

• Heart
Reactions: 26
I always try to understand how others feel and why they would make the decisions they do. I get that not opening letters would be a thing, I got into financial trouble a few years ago and I wouldn’t answer my phone or open letters which isn’t a healthy way to behave but my coping mechanism was to hide. I really REALLY struggle though that Jack would rather sell her child’s belongings than ask her parents for help. I’ve kept some things from my mother but I would suck it up and ask for help before putting my child through that. It’s one thing depriving yourself and wearing a hair shirt but the thought of my child going without just because I’d be ashamed - just wouldn’t happen. Unless of course you have absolutely no one to turn to but she did have her son’s father and her family.
I was the same. I had too much debt, which was manageable when I had an income but it was loads of smaller debts for stupid things like store cards I had taken out to buy an outfit for a wedding and I ended up in trouble with utilities as well.

I got help from Christians Against Poverty, they came to my house andhanded them a pile of unopened letters and they sorted it out, they set a really tight budget for me and I paid X amount to them weekly which went towards my debts and £5 a week to a savings account.

I do understand not opening letters but don't believe you get to a point where you don't open them for 6 years.

• Heart
Reactions: 45
What a twunt!

I googled Mulberry handbags and they tend to be about the £1000 mark, so if you have 2 sleeves full of tattoos for less than that then you have been going to really tit artists.

Maybe the difference is you keep going on about the bleeping tattoos, everyone and their granny has them these days so they don't make you special.

What kind of grandiose idiot boasts about spending £1000 or so on a handbag. I wonder why she didn't sell it during her recent poverty so she could buy SB something better for his lunch than smart price cream cheese on the cheapest white bread with cheap maize snacks on the side?

Reactions: 43
Chums, I'm trying to catch up properly, as per. But I found the traaazers Old Chief wouldn't let her wear. I was almost saying that outfit outside no.10 is the ugliest effing thing I'd seen her wear, until...
what is this monstrosity 😭 😭 looks like a rag quilt made out of investment banker garb 😭

• Haha
Reactions: 31
Chums, I'm trying to catch up properly, as per. But I found the traaazers Old Chief wouldn't let her wear. I was almost saying that outfit outside no.10 is the ugliest effing thing I'd seen her wear, until...

(Editing to add, her fake Belfast schtick gives me the absolute boak)
Maybe she's copying influenced by Allegra.

FOODCHAIN__1415893158_The-Food-Chain-Fundraiser-2014.jpg

• Haha
  • Wow
Reactions: 48
Maybe she's copying influenced by Allegra.

View attachment 457490
The perfect example of how she changes her appearance to fit in. There is no way I would wear an almost exact copy of my partners clothes the way Jack does in this photograph. I have my own style and he has his.

She really doesn't know who she is, does she? Searching without success to find a style that she is comfortable with.

• Heart
  • Sad
Reactions: 66
This is, like, corporate HR x running to the shops x 5-year old birthday girl throwing a paddy ... why
Not a huge fan of this phrase

Lest we forget Victorian ghost child Jack (please tell me someone else remembers this?? I remember a hilarious photoshop but I’m scared it’s all just been a sick dream 😬)
View attachment 456449
I really thought this was the maximum not-my-thing an outfit could be...

...but I sit corrected.

Last edited:
  • Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 34

Hilariously, her shirt in that picture is kind of like the one our current thread title quote originally came from!

1C8736FB-05D3-442E-A2F4-FE6FF3AD7E75.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 39
I love Terry Pratchett and Discworld, but had no idea about this game! And no, I’ve not discovered fainting goats, please tell me its not as upsetting as it sounds! 🤣

On topic, as batshit insane as the “how it started” tweet is, it’s nothing compared to her last full moon chaos tweet, the one about the Tory poster and a painfully intensive comparison.
Cripple Mr Onion, fine game never knowingly lost 💀

• Heart
  • Wow
Reactions: 13
Does anyone have the Lady Di/ Lady die poem to repost again? 😂😂😂
I have it bookmarked! Eternal thanks to @LavaFlake for sharing it in the first place.

2BD847F6-DAA2-4711-B83A-B5B30CE9A221.jpeg

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 37
So ... many ... different flavours. All together. She just keeps adding more and more.

• Haha
  • Heart
Reactions: 54
Status
Thread locked. We start a new thread when they have over 1000 posts, click the blue button to see all threads for this topic and find the latest open thread.